• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Something banged on the side of my house last night

This is a discussion on Something banged on the side of my house last night within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; At about 1215 last night my wife and I were woken up by a deep sounding pound on the side of the house. It sounded ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Something banged on the side of my house last night

Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899

At about 1215 last night my wife and I were woken up by a deep sounding pound on the side of the house. It sounded like it was right outside our bedroom and it was strong enough to rattle some stuff on the walls. I instantly jumped out of bed and checked outside the window; my wife went and checked on the kids. Everything seemed fine. I go outside expecting to see something like a beer bottle or brick or something beside the house but there was nothing. There were a lot of cops and fire trucks nearby and i I wondered if it was related. After everything settled down, I lay in bed trying to figure out what that could have been. It was a deep sound not like somebody banging on the side of the house or throwing something at it. Anyways, I chalked it up to the zombie apocalypse and went to bed.

The next morning I see this headline: Generator causes van to explode

WAVY.com

A damn generator inside of van blew up 2 blocks down from me. Apparently it exploded with enough force the shockwave shook the house. My wife and I had a nice chuckle at this. We remarked on how ridiculous we must have looked running around the house with her Kahr and my XD in hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Ocean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665

Damn!

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 83597
Note to self: perform generator tune up, pronto!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4970
I was working with my father in law in his garage one day, and it sounded like a basketball hit the overhead door hard. I looked outside and it was quiet.

Only later did I learn that some guy did something stupid which resulted in his house blowing up...

...16 miles away.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
That's interesting. What causes a generator to explode? I'd like to know. Actually, I'd like to see Mythbusters recreate it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&

Krackels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
I was working with my father in law in his garage one day, and it sounded like a basketball hit the overhead door hard. I looked outside and it was quiet.

Only later did I learn that some guy did something stupid which resulted in his house blowing up...

...16 miles away.
ummm, like a meth lab?

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
Old Timer

Member #: 86807
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
ummm, like a meth lab?
Probably boneheads new house

Make the little things count; teach arithmetic to dwarfs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
azfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 80032
Re: Something banged on the side of my house last night

Lol..yall cleared the house mr.and mrs.smith style to find out it was a boom from a truck....lol..at least u were prepared
So.Chi.Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
A couple years back on Veterans Day my town decided they were going to show respect by setting off a volley of those big percussion fireworks at 7am while I was getting ready for work. It literally sounded like someone was dropping bowling balls in the attic, scared the living daylights out of me. I had the 1911 locked and loaded in my hands in about 5 seconds.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 90482
We once had a 100 gallon propane blow at a scrap yard a mile from our house. Sounded like a truck drove into the living room. Remnants of the tank were found three miles away.
blackspike2710 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

something hit the side of my house

Click on a term to search for related topics.