• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

San Diego Shooting Areas

This is a discussion on San Diego Shooting Areas within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I just moved down to San Diego and I found a couple pistol ranges (with the help of a forum member, thanks by the way), ...

Old 08-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10232
San Diego Shooting Areas

I just moved down to San Diego and I found a couple pistol ranges (with the help of a forum member, thanks by the way), but i was looking for a place to shoot shotguns. I was thinking a place like Burrow Canyon in La where you can rent a private bay and shoot whatever you want at your own pace, skeet, sporting clays, rifles, set up an tact course, etc.

I was thinking somewhere in the desert would be fine for just shotgun stuff, is there any desert relatively close?

I am just looking for an economical solution, the last time i went to Triple B's i dropped around $50 for about 1.5 hours. At least at burrow its only 15 a person for the entire day. but the fact that it is so far away makes it a little bit more of a pain. Well enough ranting, anyone have a suggestion. Private Bay at an outdoor range would be preferable, safe desert area would be second, and a pay by clay would be the least preferable.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2473
I know there used to be an indoor range in Escondido, I know there is an outdoor range by Lake Wolford which is in between Valley Center and Escondido and up in the mountains. Not sure if they do pistol shooting up there or not but I know there is a rifle range there. Escondido is in North County if you don't know. Go into Turners in San Marcos, they can probably help you out. Pm me if you need any more info.
defender96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 11705
Quote:
Originally Posted by the yetty
I just moved down to San Diego and I found a couple pistol ranges (with the help of a forum member, thanks by the way), but i was looking for a place to shoot shotguns. I was thinking a place like Burrow Canyon in La where you can rent a private bay and shoot whatever you want at your own pace, skeet, sporting clays, rifles, set up an tact course, etc.

I was thinking somewhere in the desert would be fine for just shotgun stuff, is there any desert relatively close?

I am just looking for an economical solution, the last time i went to Triple B's i dropped around $50 for about 1.5 hours. At least at burrow its only 15 a person for the entire day. but the fact that it is so far away makes it a little bit more of a pain. Well enough ranting, anyone have a suggestion. Private Bay at an outdoor range would be preferable, safe desert area would be second, and a pay by clay would be the least preferable.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I've not checked most of these out, but here's what I have.

Nick
<TABLE align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TH align=left>Range</TH><TH align=left>Cost</TH><TH align=left>Indoor / Outdoor</TH></TR><TR><TD>American Shooting Center</TD><TD>$12 per lane, $6 additional shooter</TD><TD>Indoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Discount Gun Mart</TD><TD>$10 per lane, $7 additional shooter</TD><TD>Indoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Escondido Fish & Game Association</TD><TD>Membership</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Iron Sights</TD><TD>$10 per lane, $5 additional shooter</TD><TD>Indoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacumba Shooting Area</TD><TD>Free</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemon Grove Rod & Gun Club</TD><TD>Membership</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Magnolia Indoor Range</TD><TD>$12 per hour</TD><TD>Indoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Orosco Ridge Shooting Area</TD><TD>National Forest Adventure Pass needed ($5 daily, $30 yearly)</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pala Range</TD><TD>$7.50 for members</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Palomar Divide Road Shooting Area</TD><TD>National Forest Adventure Pass needed ($5 daily, $30 yearly)</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Palomar Sportsmens Club</TD><TD>$130 per year</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Project 2000 Range</TD><TD>$14 1st hour / $6 ea additional - non-members, $8 1st hour / $3 ea additional - members</TD><TD>Semi-indoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>Rainbow Range</TD><TD>$100 per year</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>San Diego Police Revolver Club Range</TD><TD>$7 per day</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>San Diego Shotgun Sports</TD><TD>$10 per round</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR><TR><TD>South Bay Rod & Gun Club</TD><TD>$15 per day</TD><TD>Outdoor</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
nickb is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
desert shooting in san diego
lake wohlford ca shooting range
lake wohlford gun club
lake wohlford gun range
lake wohlford shooting club

lake wohlford shooting range

lake wohlford shooting range ca

lake wohlford trap shooting
lake wolford gun club
legal desert shooting san diego ca
palomar divide shooting
rtange
san diego county shooting areas
san diego police revolver club range
san diego shooting areas
shoot guns san diego desert
Click on a term to search for related topics.