• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

According to ammoseek.com, CTD has the cheapest 9mm right now

This is a discussion on According to ammoseek.com, CTD has the cheapest 9mm right now within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; The slightest mention of CTD will bring out torches and pitchforks and cries of "GOUGERS!" but they have the cheapest 9mm @ 0.38/rd. Why all ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » According to ammoseek.com, CTD has the cheapest 9mm right now

Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 60093
According to ammoseek.com, CTD has the cheapest 9mm right now

The slightest mention of CTD will bring out torches and pitchforks and cries of "GOUGERS!" but they have the cheapest 9mm @ 0.38/rd.

Why all the support for the other 30 vendors represented on that site but this one with the cheapest ammo (in this example) elicits pure rage?

As a matter of fact, when searching for 9mm, CTD has 4 of the top 11 listings. So why is it absolutely unacceptable for them to sell it for 38 cents/round but luckygunner at 43 cents is just supply and demand?

My opinion is that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It's not like you're forced into paying what they (or any vendor) is asking. Shop around if you don't like it. If I had something to sell and I was asking $100 but someone who was in a panic because they didn't have one and NEEEEEEEEDED it offered me $150 I'd gladly take his money.

PS: I have heard about them cancelling backorders then relisting the item for more. That's f'd up but unless and until it happens to me I'm not judging an entire company because of what some angry tactical ninja said on a message board.

PPS: PSA has slow shipping. Everyone knows that so stop whining about it.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64900
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_ View Post
I have heard about them cancelling backorders then relisting the item for more. That's f'd up but unless and until it happens to me I'm not judging an entire company because of what some angry tactical ninja said on a message board.
Yet you are willing to judge someone that posts a poor CS experience as an "angry tactical ninja".....interesting.

Bottom line is, spend your money where you want. It's ultimately up to you. If the values and moral standing of an organization suits you or, simply, does not matter....knock yourself out.

To me, supply and demand can be understood @ a difference of .06 cents a round. But, cancelling orders and relisting those items at an inflated cost, just to force consumers into buying them at a higher price is quite another matter.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
Nebraska12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84432
Took 2 weeks to get my XD from them. 2/3 - 2/18

My friend ordered an ammo can from them and it came with 1500 rounds of tracers some how haha.
xDeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
Yet you are willing to judge someone that posts a poor CS experience as an "angry tactical ninja".....interesting.
It's the internet and anyone can post anything they want. Of course I read reviews of all these places but I won't let them prevent me from making a purchase if the price is right; however, I also won't be surprised if I have the same experience. If I do then I won't go back but I'll at least give everyone the benefit of the doubt once.

CTD has never wronged me. I've always received what I ordered in timely fashion for what I agreed to pay. 38 cents/round for 9mm is more than I'm willing to pay so I simply do not buy it.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

This website still takes their advertising dollars for banner ads, so on principle should we all not support xdtalk either?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
g40
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 63227
I am not about to get ripped off by sorry bastards gouging the hell out of me in the name of supply and demand. IMO Almost a buck per trigger pull is not justified by any reasoning. .22 @ 550 rounds was $20 but now $75 by some dipchit rip offs. Screw them, there is no excuse for that. You're dang right I don't have to buy from them, and I will not even if it means putting the gun up till things get right again. There is no enjoyment shooting while getting ripped off.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81147
Quote:
The slightest mention of CTD will bring out torches and pitchforks and cries of "GOUGERS!" but they have the cheapest 9mm @ 0.38/rd.

Why all the support for the other 30 vendors represented on that site but this one with the cheapest ammo (in this example) elicits pure rage?

As a matter of fact, when searching for 9mm, CTD has 4 of the top 11 listings. So why is it absolutely unacceptable for them to sell it for 38 cents/round but luckygunner at 43 cents is just supply and demand?

My opinion is that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It's not like you're forced into paying what they (or any vendor) is asking. Shop around if you don't like it. If I had something to sell and I was asking $100 but someone who was in a panic because they didn't have one and NEEEEEEEEDED it offered me $150 I'd gladly take his money.

PS: I have heard about them cancelling backorders then relisting the item for more. That's f'd up but unless and until it happens to me I'm not judging an entire company because of what some angry tactical ninja said on a message board.

PPS: PSA has slow shipping. Everyone knows that so stop whining about it.

$.38/round for Russian ammo?

I will shoot my .22 till things settle down and return to near normal...
Ruger LC9 Bianchi Holster (MRS EDC)
Taurus Millenium PT-111 9MM bi tone
Browning Buckmark .22
Beretta Neos .22
DPMS A-15 (AR-15)
Weatherby Orion O/U 12ga
Winchester 1200 12ga pump
SKB (Ithica) Auto 12 GA (tactical conversion)
Custom Holster Maker
MN State firearms safety Instructor
NRA certified pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TonysXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g40 View Post
I am not about to get ripped off by sorry bastards gouging the hell out of me in the name of supply and demand. IMO Almost a buck per trigger pull is not justified by any reasoning. .22 @ 550 rounds was $20 but now $75 by some dipchit rip offs. Screw them, there is no excuse for that. You're dang right I don't have to buy from them, and I will not even if it means putting the gun up till things get right again. There is no enjoyment shooting while getting ripped off.

I agree. The point was that everyone loves to hate CTD but the other 30 businesses that list on ammoseek are more expensive, but they get a pass.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 22972
Quote:
I agree. The point was that everyone loves to hate CTD but the other 30 businesses that list on ammoseek are more expensive, but they get a pass.
Brandon,

How old are you? This is a serious question and not a dig.

UB

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

Shhhh! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA membership -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

State handgun laws -

Rich States / Poor States - NEW

"Nothing good ever comes from a knock at the door"
UncleBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
Brandon,

How old are you? This is a serious question and not a dig.

UB
This might be a serious question but it's inconsequential to his point.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
9mm ammo in stock
9mm ammo in stock now
9mm ammoseek
ammo seek
ammo seek .com

ammo seek 9mm

ammo seek.com
ammoman discount code
ammoseek

ammoseek 9mm

ammoseek.com
cheapest 9mm ammo
who has 9mm ammo in stock
who has the cheapest 9mm ammo
who has the cheapest ammo online
who the hell has 9mm ammo right now
Click on a term to search for related topics.