• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Boycott Gun Free Zones

This is a discussion on Boycott Gun Free Zones within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; What would happen if we boycotted "Gun Free Zones", other than not being able to 1. sit at a bar?...

Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76317
Boycott Gun Free Zones

What would happen if we boycotted "Gun Free Zones", other than not being able to

1. sit at a bar?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50292
2. Avoid Jury Duty!
fgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;
(2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;
(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;
(4) on the premises of a racetrack;
(5) in or into a secured area of an airport; or
(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:

(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
(1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;
(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
(3) on the premises of a correctional facility;
(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;
(5) in an amusement park; or
(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 35644
I boycott as much as possible. Haven't been to Ikea in years due to their 30.06 sign. Sometimes you don't have a choice, like the post office, courts, or polling location.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
TX-Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76317
AwPunch, what would happen if you boycotted those places???

We know where they are.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59895
I already try to support the business I know who support gun rights. There's a diner near me who has a CCW welcome sign on the door, and I eat there more than the other places in town due to it. I would love to see a list of businesses that openly support gun rights.
GcHinOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
Old Timer

Member #: 47680
Wait, are we saying that Gun Free Zones include bars? That is not correct.
///MCoupé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 35644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MCoupé View Post
Wait, are we saying that Gun Free Zones include bars? That is not correct.
Depends on the state.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
TX-Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
Old Timer

Member #: 47680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Kevin View Post
Depends on the state.
correct, not sure OP realizes it though.
///MCoupé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54622
I'd lose my job pretty quickly, I reckon.

For those of us who work in a "gun free zone", it's a difficult line to walk.
memo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
are hospitals gun free zones in indiana
boycot guns

boycott gun free zones

Click on a term to search for related topics.