• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Be glad when this is all over

This is a discussion on Be glad when this is all over within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I wish this whole gun ban crap would hurry up and be done with. I'm not low on ammo and I have plenty for all ...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
Be glad when this is all over

I wish this whole gun ban crap would hurry up and be done with. I'm not low on ammo and I have plenty for all my calibers. But I like to add to the pile a little every month. I've scored on some 9mm and 22lr once. One things for sure, America is stocked up on ammo! I can't believe how hard it is to find 30-30. I mean come on its 30-30! How much of that are you really going to shoot??? Its available in spots online but when you factor in shipping its just not worth it for 40-100 rounds of 30-30. I know the reloading comments are coming, but that is just not logical for me right now. Anyway just wanted to gripe after searching the internet in every spot I could think of for some 22lr or 223 hoping to score a fresh batch.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Really? 30-30?? hell every gas station around here has 30-30 still.
I still have about 5 boxes of the John Wayne commemorative stuff

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
We are ALL feeling it brotha. I have a feeling that this time, the crunch will be around for a while before it loosens up a little.

It does suck though to have a couple thousand rounds of handgun ammo. And put yourself on a "no shooting" moratorium, not knowing when the craziness will come to an end.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
Do you really see the light at the end of the tunnel for this to be "over" ?? I have a funny feeling that for atleast the next 4 years .. this will be a daily thing!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 82315
No doubt. A few days ago my dad called me to say that he was completely amazed that when he went to get some ammo for his hunting rifle it was all gone. He doesn't use the Internet and even though he's followed the gun control mess he hadn't even realized just how bad it was. I've been on the lookout for him for a few calibers he needs like .300 Savage but the only single box I found was over $60 for 20 rounds which was insanity. I'm decently stocked but nowhere near where I wish I was.
WirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 82940
If anything, it made me get off the fence on a couple of purchases I was already considering. And also I have had to lighten up on my range trips...sux, but whatya gone do?..thinking about getting my bow restrung and start shooting sticks again
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 84023
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoopermikeXDM View Post
Do you really see the light at the end of the tunnel for this to be "over" ?? I have a funny feeling that for atleast the next 4 years .. this will be a daily thing!
I don't see it getting much better honestly. Maybe if congress doesn't pass any of the bs laws, but then you still have all of the crazy states trying to pass even crazier laws. The next four years will only give us more of the same from barry and his regime. bohica

An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a King can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IDPA: A57349
Partinrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84291
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
We are ALL feeling it brotha. I have a feeling that this time, the crunch will be around for a while before it loosens up a little.

It does suck though to have a couple thousand rounds of handgun ammo. And put yourself on a "no shooting" moratorium, not knowing when the craziness will come to an end.
I hear you man, i havent shot 4 new guns because of this bs.

Glock 26 Gen 4
XD-M .40 4.5"
Remington 870 express tactical 12 gauge 20"
Remington 870 express tactical 20 gauge 18"
Ruger SR-22p
PSA mid length AR-15
All sold.
XtraDimensional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odomxd View Post
If anything, it made me get off the fence on a couple of purchases I was already considering. And also I have had to lighten up on my range trips...sux, but whatya gone do?..thinking about getting my bow restrung and start shooting sticks again
Yeah me too. Obama sales man of the century!

Glock 26 Gen 4
XD-M .40 4.5"
Ruger SR-22p
PSA mid length AR-15
All sold.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoopermikeXDM View Post
Unfortunately i believe you to be exactly right.

Glock 26 Gen 4
XD-M .40 4.5"
Ruger SR-22p
PSA mid length AR-15
All sold.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box