• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Gun friendly states?

This is a discussion on Gun friendly states? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Boanerge That's Right you can Open Carry or Carry Concealed without a Permit!!! I freggin miss AZ!...

Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #31
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 83597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boanerge View Post
That's Right you can Open Carry or Carry Concealed without a Permit!!!
I freggin miss AZ!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #32
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 80622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia9service View Post
I will agree with Iowa, except for the lack of a castle doctrine or stand your ground law. Also the rather liberal nature of the Iowa courts means gun owners have to be very very careful not to become the suspect instead of the victim.
Very true. I come from Nebraska, were there are a lot more up front restrictions, so it is a toss up for me.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #33
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 77765
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKcherokee View Post
You gonna leave your wife??
Hopefully not. She is the only reason I've stayed in CT since 1990. I am miserable here, but she wants to be near her family in MA. This current antigun hysteria is ripping at the core of my beliefs. After the dust settles I might need to leave as much as she needs to stay. Maybe CT won't be as stupid as NY was a few days ago.

Looking at my options.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
XDS901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80751
It is pretty good here in TN. Anywhere, in the south eastern states or Texas is your best bet. Lower cost of living and gun friendly = win, win. There is no way I could ever live in the north east, too many liberal, a ridicolous cost of living, cold and miserable weather. No thanks
Matt8338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 45721
South Dakota is very gun friendly. Our laws are few and short, the list of legally restricted carry places can be counted on one hand with fingers left over. The only two gun related bills so far this session are positive ones. (Thanks for that USA Today link I learned about the second bill for school safety enhancement.)

People who hate black rifles....are racist!
sdprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boanerge View Post
Say what you will; take a look at Arizona's state Legislative History, our State leads in expanding 2A Rights. Besides the last time I checked the ATF is a Federal LE Agency, not an AZ State LE Agency!!! It was the Feds that walked the Guns, not AZ State or County LEOS!!!

C'mon, when a State has a Town Named "TOMBSTONE", you can't get more Pro-2A then that.
If you want the max 2A Freedom, AZ is the place to Be!!!! Don't hate, Migrate!!
I am totally in agreeance.
Just pointing out the feds hate your state for that fact its so pro 2nd amendment, thats why they had fast and furious to try and blame your state before the whole lid was blown off it and it was shown to be the scandal that it was.

Glock 26 Gen 4
XD-M .40 4.5"
Remington 870 express tactical 12 gauge 20"
Remington 870 express tactical 20 gauge 18"
Ruger SR-22p
PSA mid length AR-15
All sold.
XtraDimensional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #37
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia9service View Post
I will agree with Iowa, except for the lack of a castle doctrine or stand your ground law. Also the rather liberal nature of the Iowa courts means gun owners have to be very very careful not to become the suspect instead of the victim.
Exactly right, i know people who live there and they were told by cops "dont ever think you can shoot someone in self defense", this was a chief of police at cedar rapids police department.
Also before you can even buy a hand gun in that state, you have to get training, and permits, and wait, and all that bureaucratic red tape.
Also no open carry.
Sure not as bad as some places, but still sure isn't what i am use to here in idaho.
Here i walk in to my grocery store and walk out with a new glock 26 with just a 4473 form and showing of my id or ccw. Thats it.
Also i just read that a gun rights bill in your state is dead on arrival in the democrat controlled state senate.
I am probably preaching to the choir since you reside there, but iowa gets two thumbs down on gun friendliness imho.

Glock 26 Gen 4
XD-M .40 4.5"
Remington 870 express tactical 12 gauge 20"
Remington 870 express tactical 20 gauge 18"
Ruger SR-22p
PSA mid length AR-15
All sold.
XtraDimensional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #38
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50455
The Great State of Mississippi is very gun friendly. We are a shall issue state, gotta be done in 45 days max. We've got some great schools, great neighborhoods, great weather, great jobs and we even have indoor plumbing (contrary to popular belief). Come on down!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #39
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67438
Anchoring the upper right corner of these United States, the great purplish-blue-sometimes-red-but-mostly-squishy state of Maine is proud to be gun-friendly: open carry and "shall-issue" concealed carry permit.
Grundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #40
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71356
In Arizona if you are a citizen aged 21 or older with no convictions you can open carry and conceal without a permit. Back in the late 1990's you had to have a CCW to conceal, but open carry had always been the law.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
2013 gun friendly states
2013 indiana gun permit wait time
castle law for mi. stand your ground law bill?

firearms friendly states

gun friendly state xd forum

gun friendly states

gun friendly states 2013
if i get a utah cpp can i buy a gun in other states without waiting

iowa castle doctrine 2012

is dallas texas gun friendly
is iowa gun friendly

is smith's gun friendly

leaving california for gun friendly state

los cost of living gun friendly state
utah ccw wait time 2013
wv castle law
Click on a term to search for related topics.