• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Panic buying hit my gun club HARD

This is a discussion on Panic buying hit my gun club HARD within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by racincowboy3 This is getting crazy and out of hand... The part that sucks for me is now I am in the position ...

Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Quote:
Originally Posted by racincowboy3 View Post
This is getting crazy and out of hand...

The part that sucks for me is now I am in the position that I can finally purchase the guns that I have been saving up for over the last few months, and I can't find them! I have wanted an AR in the worst way and saved up to buy one and now I can't even find a built lower to start with. I was going to by a 1911 and went in yesterday and everything was sold out that wasn't $1200+ for an AR and I just can't get doing that right now...

So it pretty much sucks but it is what it is I guess. Can't wait for this to slow down... until then I am gonna save more and more and buy when it is time!
Just wait...in a few months (say, around tax time) people who panic bought are going to be unloading their purchases for bargain basement prices.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #32
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 86209
Late December I put a $100 to hold an XD-9 (they had a variety of XD's at the time but no subcompacts) till I could get my purchase permits. I guess to the demand it took the sheriff longer than normal, and when I went back and picked it up, there were NO XD's to be had. The shop did hold it for me, and pulled it out of the safe and I was really glad I put money down on it.

They are trying to get a subcompact for my wife, but they don't hold much hope, at least for the next 3 or 4 months. They will hold it and call if they get one in.

Drove to a different county in the mean time we looked around, and trying to fine some 9mm and 22LR ammo at a General Store (really, gas, groceries, cloths, feed, guns and ammo) had a used (showed virtually no wear anywhere, less than the new XD9 I put a 100 rounds through at the range when I picked it up) XD40 for a good price, and no sales tax, saving about $200 over new.
XD9inAVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71138
Walk into any gun shop and it's empty. One of my LGS's usually closes for 2 days to do inventory, and they were able to do it in a couple of hours this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
My Toys:
Springfield XD9 Service Model
Springfield XD45 Compact
Springfield XDs 45ACP (EDC)
Sig Sauer P226 MK25
Colt Match Competition HBAR II
MSAR STG-556
A few more that arent listed....
Devin.Morris.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #34
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 68130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Just wait...in a few months (say, around tax time) people who panic bought are going to be unloading their purchases for bargain basement prices.
I'm saving up for some purchases when this happens. I figure, let people waste their money. I'll take an AR-10 off of one of those poor fools when the unload rush begins.
crimsonfalcon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Huh, you really think that'll happen? I do think a lot of people put these things on credit, so it'd be nice to see GunBroker/GunsAmerica/LGSes get flooded with used firearms that I can pick up on the cheap.
Selta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42406
You have a 3 fold problem really here. 1. Panic buying with lots of people hoarding like crazy. 2. Christmas Holiday. 3. Supply chain timing. Christmas hurts anything being on the shelves. Lots of manufacturer/importers are down during the 2 weeks of Christmas and new years. Plus you have Thanks Giving thrown in a month before. You have the run starting the beginning of November that is already drying things up. Now that the panic is on you have supply chain problems. To get anything moved across the country from a Manufacturer, to the Warehouse or intermediary company and then to the store for consumers takes minimum of 2 weeks. More like 4-6 or more. You should start to see things show up on shelves slowly now and more so towards the end of next month. You can't get it a whole lost faster. Ammunition and components especially since most of that is trucked all over. Then you have the Govt putting tighter and tighter restrictions on truck drivers and companies (I work for a very large trucking outfit), you get slow and slower shipping times. Rest assured there is product to be had, it's just in a warehouse somewhere waiting to make it to your choice of businesses. And I can guarantee you the companies are working their arsses off to get as much made as possible. Remember they make TONS of money during these periods so they want to get as much as they can.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #37
XDTalk Member

Member #: 85972
I make it a point to buy a box a week of .40, 45 colt, and .410 Not panic by any means, but I am not going to dropping $3-400 on ammo and mags. at one time....
Tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #38
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selta View Post
Huh, you really think that'll happen? I do think a lot of people put these things on credit, so it'd be nice to see GunBroker/GunsAmerica/LGSes get flooded with used firearms that I can pick up on the cheap.
Oh yeah, it'll happen. GunRaper will have a ton of AR's and lowers available for cheap. Simple economics. I know a few people in my state that just built a "panic buying AR build" for $500 and it is reallll nice. Never overpay.
ColdDayInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #39
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell View Post
Oh yeah, it'll happen. GunRaper will have a ton of AR's and lowers available for cheap. Simple economics. I know a few people in my state that just built a "panic buying AR build" for $500 and it is reallll nice. Never overpay.
Nice. Can't wait for April
Selta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #40
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84809
I won't lie, I bought an XDMC .40 and XDsc 9 because of this ****. I mean I always planned to, but never had a need to. Suddenly, the "need" became clearer.
Joebie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
america panic buying guns
ammo panic buying
ar panic buying
gun panic
gun panic buing

gun panic buying

gun panic slowing
has panic buying of ammo slowed
is gun panic buying slowing down
is the gun panic buying slowing down
is the panic buying of guns over?
panic buying ar

panic buying guns

panic buying guns over?
panic gun buying
shotgun panic buying
Click on a term to search for related topics.