• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

i recently joined the nra. everyone should join.

This is a discussion on i recently joined the nra. everyone should join. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by donkin i agree, the NRA is the group known by everyone, has the most lobbying power, so that is why i joined ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » i recently joined the nra. everyone should join.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #21
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64909
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkin View Post
i agree, the NRA is the group known by everyone, has the most lobbying power, so that is why i joined it. if for some reason you don't want to join the nra, then please join another one.

here are some other groups you can join

Gun Owners of America

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

Second Amendment Foundation Online

The Common Sense Gun Lobby Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

with all the anti-gunners crusading to either ban guns completely or put more restrictions on them, it puzzles me why any gun owner would not pony up the small amount of money to join at least one of these organizations. the people who want to take away your guns are rallying and you should be also.
Completely agree....as you said, the anti's are rallying and so should we. Thanks for posting the links!!
BCM Lower w/ Magpul CTR Stock/BCM BHF 16" Mid-length Upper w/ Centurion C4 9" Handguard
Rock River Arms National Match A4
Rock River Arms Lower w/A2 Stock/20" Criterion A2 Upper
entropy87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 74977
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkin View Post
i agree, the NRA is the group known by everyone, has the most lobbying power, so that is why i joined it. if for some reason you don't want to join the nra, then please join another one.

here are some other groups you can join

Gun Owners of America

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

Second Amendment Foundation Online

The Common Sense Gun Lobby Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

with all the anti-gunners crusading to either ban guns completely or put more restrictions on them, it puzzles me why any gun owner would not pony up the small amount of money to join at least one of these organizations. the people who want to take away your guns are rallying and you should be also.
if i join, what leverage does that give the NRA? just by me being a member does it make them "stronger"? doest it help our cause? i dont know so im asking. (seriously)
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
I don't join the NRA because they fight for the NRA instead of for the right to keep and bear arms (FOPA, Clinton AWB, etc). They compromise our rights away, then declare victory along with the brady campaign (see "veteran's disarmament act"). They ride on the backs of organizations like GOA and SAF, then out-spend them in advertising dollars to get more money (Heller, MacDonald, and others). more than 70% of NRA members support gun control.

That's not an organization that I want to be associated with.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 82949
joining the nra or any other organization and providing financial donations or membership dues helps support their operating costs. in addition, when they have more active members, its sends a clear message to the general public and politicians how many people feel the same way.

if you dont want to get their mailings or be asked for money,
simply email the NRA at membership@nrahq.org or dial 877-NRA-2000 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. Privacy Policy

its just like being a member of a church and them passing around the offering plate. if they didnt ask for money, they probably wouldn't receive as many donations.

if you dont like the nra, then join another group. im sure there is one pro gun group out there that would fit you.
donkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #25
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 38391
A case study of the NRA's disastrous compromises

Also, don't forget state level organizations:

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
Oregon Firearms Federation
Wisconsin Gun Owners
Virginia Gun Owners Coalition
Gigantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 80067
Quote:
Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
I don't join the NRA because they fight for the NRA instead of for the right to keep and bear arms (FOPA, Clinton AWB, etc). They compromise our rights away, then declare victory along with the brady campaign (see "veteran's disarmament act"). They ride on the backs of organizations like GOA and SAF, then out-spend them in advertising dollars to get more money (Heller, MacDonald, and others). more than 70% of NRA members support gun control.

THIS!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 75847
Quote:
Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post

Is this documented somewhere? I must have missed the NRA questionnaire about supporting gun control.
Fatboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy3 View Post
Is this documented somewhere? I must have missed the NRA questionnaire about supporting gun control.
It was all over the gun forums in July.

Let me google that for you

Odds are, you're one of the gun control supporters, too.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80728
I'm joining SAF and GOA for sure, haven't decided on NRA yet. I know the SAF is responsible for the recent CCW victory in Maryland civil courts, so they obviously have my support.

I'll also be joining Maryland Shall Issue, the "non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners' rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon," From their website.

http://marylandshallissue.org/
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 82949
cool, man those are good groups to join
donkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

gun ban, gun rights, join nra, nra

Search tags for this page
amount of people joining the nra recently
can anyone join the nra
every gun owner should join the nra
gun owners if you love america join the nra
i just joined nra
nra forums
nra join deals 2012
second amendment foundation

should i join nra

should i join nra or isra
why are so many people joining the nra lately
why join the nra
why should i join the nra
xdtalk i recently joined the nra
Click on a term to search for related topics.