• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New ban perposal in oregon

This is a discussion on New ban perposal in oregon within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Oregon residents due to the recent tragity a senitor is trying to pass a new ban. Call or email her and tell her how well ...

Old 12-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80651
Angry New ban perposal in oregon

Oregon residents due to the recent tragity a senitor is trying to pass a new ban. Call or email her and tell her how well criminals listen to laws!

sen.ginnyburdick@state.or.us

From: Sen Burdick Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:38 AM To: - House Democrats; - House Republicans; - Senate Democrats; - Senate Democratic Office; - Senate President's Office; - Senate Republicans; - Senate Republican Office; - House Republican Office; - House Democratic Office; - House Co-Speakers Office Roblan Subject: Large Capacity Magazines-invitation to sign onto legislation

Dear Colleagues:

The shooting yesterday at Clackamas Town Center is a tragic reminder that gun violence can occur anywhere, even in a happy crowd of Christmas shoppers. I am sure you join me in extending our thoughts and prayers to the victims of yesterday’s shooting, along with their families and loved ones.

According to news reports, the shooter yesterday was able to rapidly fire about 60 shots. This terrifying situation exemplifies the danger of large capacity magazines in our community. Large capacity magazines can dramatically increase death tolls and have no legitimate place in our neighborhoods.

Even hunters are restricted from using large capacity magazines: there is a five cartridge limit for large game hunting, and three for bird hunting. If we limit capacity for hunting animals, why do we not extend that principle to guns that may harm our neighbors?

In the wake of yesterday’s tragedy, I wanted to share with you a bill I’ve had drafted for pre-session filing for the 2013 Session.

LC 1031 (attached) creates a crime of knowingly selling or transferring a large capacity magazine. A large capacity magazine is defined as “ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.”

The concept creates an exception for law enforcement and military personnel.

The penalty for selling or transferring such a device is punishable by a maximum of one year’s imprisonment, $6,250 fine or both.

I invite you to sign onto the bill as co-sponsor. If you would like to sign onto the bill before next Friday’s deadline for pre-session filing, please contact my office at 503-986-1718, or come by our office, S-213. -

Senator Ginny Burdick
carlb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Old Timer

Member #: 47680
silly perposals by senitors based on tragitys..
///MCoupé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 81845
Stealing guns should also be against the law.
cjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 57466
I want to know why the AR 15 did this.....
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 45721
Shooting people should be against the law.

People that do it should be locked up for a long, long time.

Wait......we got that already.

More to the point, if a would be mass killer, who isn't going to obey the laws anyway, had a pocketful of 10 round magazines, would it really make much difference compared to one 30 rounder? Two mag changes takes what, five seconds total?

Legislators shouldn't be allowed to present laws about things they know nothing about.

People who hate black rifles....are racist!
sdprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 80807
You're got to be kidding I'm suppose to be getting my CCL there pretty soon and I don't need this to happen so whatever it take I will do it.
1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71605
More people are killed by drunk drivers daily. Why don't we limit all vehicles to a maximum speed of 10 mph? Hell, on top of that; nobody can own or operate a vehicle until they cleared a $25 federal background check, have a cleared phychiatric evaluation, have completed the state/local CCV (Civilian Controlled Vehicle)course, waited the 90 days and received a state/local issued CCV permit, and then finally have proof of insurance provided at a "reasonable" price by the Federal Government?
Shadow1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 20418
Sorry...

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31126
That high capacity magazine just jumped up and killed 60 people!!!!

That AR-15 would not have been stolen if stealing were banned.

That bad bad man wouldn't have done a mall shooting if malls were banned.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined. ~George Washington

We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. ~Kevin D. Williamson

NRA
katokahn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
Intolerable cops are the worst shots areound why would you give them the ability to spray and pray.

Blatantly unintelligible.
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

ban, laws, oregon, senator, shooting

Search tags for this page
lc 1031 oregon
new california gun law perposal
oregon
oregon ban guns

oregon handgun magazine capacity limit

oregon lc 1031
springfield xdm .45 acp 4.5 for sale oregon
springfield xdm ban
Click on a term to search for related topics.