• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

NY Mother looses 2 childeren during sandy

This is a discussion on NY Mother looses 2 childeren during sandy within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Bonehead evidently she had time to try to break the door in well enough to freak the homeowner out and make him ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » NY Mother looses 2 childeren during sandy

Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #41
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 15076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
evidently she had time to try to break the door in well enough to freak the homeowner out and make him stay up all night and guard the door.

she also had plenty of time to prepare and get herself out of harms way well before the storm hit.
Time it takes for a woman to pick up a concrete flower pot (would like to see a picture of the CONCRETE flower pot in question) and attempt to throw it into someone's home is time that could have been spent moving to the next house.

No where has it been said that she had the children with her while throwing flower pots on the guy's back porch... did she leave them in the suv while committing a criminal act?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #42
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 57466
Quote:
I ain't sayin' she DID...

but sometimes moms toss their kids into the water and drown them for what ever reason. if someone WERE inclined to do that, this scenario would be a perfect cover.

1) chaos of the storm and people being lost in it
2) beating on the door and trying to break it in gives alibi
3) getting the national news involved will put the burden of hatred on the man and sympathy for the mother
4) the flood water would cover any tracks or destroy evidence

I ain't sayin she DID... but if she wanted to she had opportunity and method maybe she had a motive.
OH NO YOU didn't.....
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #43
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
Quote:
Originally Posted by js12278 View Post
OH NO YOU didn't.....

you don't think cops wont look there?

I ain't sayin' she did but ya know... I am just sayin'.

its a possibility.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #44
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 57466
ooh I totally get what ya sayin'.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #45
XDTalk 15K Member

Flood of tears: Bodies of SI boys found after being swept away by Sandy

• By DOUG AUER, JESSICA SIMEONE and LEONARD GREENE
  • Last Updated: 9:03 AM, November 2, 2012
  • Posted: 1:05 AM, November 2, 2012
The nightmare that began when raging storm waters ripped two little Staten Island boys from their mother’s arms reached its tragic conclusion yesterday when their bodies were found in marshlands close to where they disappeared.
Glenda Moore wailed uncontrollably after cops showed up at her Great Kills home yesterday and delivered the grim news.
The short lives of Brandon, 2, and Connor, 4, ended in murky water, under debris and trees toppled by the storm. They were found about 20 yards apart at around 10 a.m. by cops in wet suits using shovels and pitchforks to clear the thick brush.
STOLEN AWAY: Brandon, 2, and Connor, 4, were washed away with their mom’s SUV during the storm. They were found in marshland nearby.

“It’s a shock for everybody right now,” a family friend said outside the Brooklyn home where Moore retreated to the comfort of family members. “She’s in pain.”
Moore and her husband, Damien — a city sanitation worker who had been in Brooklyn during the hurricane — stopped at a funeral home to make arrangements for the boys, described by a friend as “the joy of their lives.’’
Brandon and Connor were separated from their mother on Monday night as she frantically tried to lead them to safety, away from raging floodwaters brought by Hurricane Sandy.
“Terrible, absolutely terrible,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said. “It compounds all the tragic aspects of this horrific event.”
Moore’s Ford Explorer had gotten stuck when she was separated from her boys, police said.
Officials said Moore became frightened when the storm hit, and she rushed out of the house en route to her mother’s home in Brooklyn.
But the SUV, which she packed with a diaper bag, Halloween costumes and decorations, stalled along Father Capodanno Boulevard as the street began to flood.
After a panicked call to her husband, Moore grabbed Brandon and Connor and fled the SUV, but the rising water caused her to lose her grip as the boys drifted helplessly out of her reach.
Cops said Moore banged on the doors of nearby houses, desperately seeking help. But the people who answered turned her away. She had to ride out the storm outside and got no help until hours later, when rescuers found her clinging to a post on a porch.
Cops found the boys about 30 yards off the corner of McLaughlin Street and Father Capodanno Boulevard, law-enforcement sources said.
A neighbor said the family had been trying to move to Brooklyn in the weeks before the storm.
“The tolls are so high, and they both work there,” said neighbor Anthony Monti, 72. “Everyone in the neighborhood likes them. They’re really nice people. I’m going to light a candle when I go to church for those two boys.”
The family friend in Brooklyn said: “Keep them in your prayers. They’re going to need it. They were joyful kids, very happy.”
Additional reporting by Larry Celona and Joe Tacopino
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #46
XDTalk 15K Member

Glenda Moore, and her husband, Damian Moore, react as they approach the scene where at least one of their childrens' bodies were discovered in Staten Island, New York, Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012. Brandon ...
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #47
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
Quote:
I ain't sayin' she DID...

but sometimes moms toss their kids into the water and drown them for what ever reason. if someone WERE inclined to do that, this scenario would be a perfect cover.

1) chaos of the storm and people being lost in it
2) beating on the door and trying to break it in gives alibi
3) getting the national news involved will put the burden of hatred on the man and sympathy for the mother
4) the flood water would cover any tracks or destroy evidence

I ain't sayin she DID... but if she wanted to she had opportunity and method maybe she had a motive.
I can't say the same thought didn't cross my mind too.

Was the vehicle entirely swamped, or would they have all lived had they stayed inside?
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #48
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
so by the report the timeline was
A. flooded street
B. car swamped
C. kids swept away
D. banging on houses for help

Quote:
But the SUV, which she packed with a diaper bag, Halloween costumes and decorations, stalled along Father Capodanno Boulevard as the street began to flood.
After a panicked call to her husband, Moore grabbed Brandon and Connor and fled the SUV, but the rising water caused her to lose her grip as the boys drifted helplessly out of her reach.
Cops said Moore banged on the doors of nearby houses, desperately seeking help.
Wait...what

So did she have the kids with her trying to get help?

Horrible horrible tragedy and I cannot fathom the pain she is going thru, it was completely preventable...and laying blame on someone for NOT helping is NOT right, yes that person too must live their lives knowing they "could" have helped but didn't but it is in NO way their fault.

Since she was in the vehicle (did she leave a place of sanctuary to flee?)..I wonder if even driving 30 miles inland would have changed the outcome. I know 24 hrs evacuating would have made a WORLD of difference

Terrible loss of innocent life
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #49
XDTalk 15K Member

something I had overlooked until I reread the article a few minutes ago.
Quote:
Cops said Moore banged on the doors of nearby houses, desperately seeking help. But the people who answered turned her away. She had to ride out the storm outside and got no help until hours later, when rescuers found her clinging to a post on a porch.
ok this paragraph sticks out with my non distracted by chats and well rested eyes/mind.

she went to houses (plural) and NO ONE let her in?

why single out that one man? why put him on the news? why show his house?

is it because its easy to believe a nervous white man would deny a black women and her kids access to his home? (playing the race card)

why don't they go to the other houses and harass them?

if I didn't know better I would say that guy was set up to be a distraction.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #50
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 78755
2 NYC Boys Found Dead, Swept Away by Storm Waters - ABC News

this article puts a bit of a different perspective on the matter

I read that the house started flooding and the power went out so she freaked out and ran for her sisters.

then...
Quote:
Police said the 39-year-old mother had driven from her flooded home toward her sister's house in Brooklyn when the car became stuck about 6:10 p.m. Monday, forcing her to confront the rising water and the relentless cadence of pounding waves as she clung to her boys' arms.

"As the water swelled she lost her grip of her children and they were swept away," police said in a release.

Kelly said the mother "was totally, completely distraught. She started looking for them herself, asking people to help her look."

After the boys disappeared, police said, Moore fled and in a panic climbed fences and went door-to-door looking in vain for help in a neighborhood that was presumably largely abandoned in the face of the storm.

Police said she flagged down an emergency vehicle about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday and authorities began their search. Police said she told them she tried to find help and eventually gave up, spending the night trying to shield herself from the storm on the front porch of an empty home.
Jakemd98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
lady loses kids in sandy
mom loses kids in sandy
mother loses babies in sandy
mother loses children during sandy
mother loses kids in sandy
sandy storm mother looses two kids
sandy woman loses kids
woman loses children during sandy

woman loses children in sandy

woman loses kids in flood
woman loses kids in hurricane

woman loses kids in hurricane sandy

woman loses kids in sandy

woman loses kids sandy

woman loses two children in sandy

women lost children in sandy
Click on a term to search for related topics.