• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Just in case things weren't bad enough: Bolivian Police Seize 2 Tons of Uranium

This is a discussion on Just in case things weren't bad enough: Bolivian Police Seize 2 Tons of Uranium within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Bolivian Police Seize 2 Tons of Uranium Published August 29, 2012 EFE Bolivian police on Tuesday confiscated two tons of uranium that was being stored ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Just in case things weren't bad enough: Bolivian Police Seize 2 Tons of Uranium

Old 08-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41454
Just in case things weren't bad enough: Bolivian Police Seize 2 Tons of Uranium

Bolivian Police Seize 2 Tons of Uranium

Published August 29, 2012
EFE

Bolivian police on Tuesday confiscated two tons of uranium that was being stored at a building in central La Paz located near the U.S. and Spanish embassies.

Four people, all of them Bolivian nationals, were arrested while they were transferring the uranium from one vehicle to another, Deputy Interior Minister Jorge Perez said.

The radioactive material was in sacks of jute and nylon, he said.

Since Bolivia does not produce uranium, Perez said, authorities assume the consignment originated in either of two neighboring countries that do: Brazil or Chile.

The commander of the elite police unit that carried out the operation, Col. Eddy Torrez, said the seizure was the fruit of a six-week investigation.
Police pounced when they learned the people in possession of the uranium planned to meet Tuesday with a potential buyer, the colonel said.

Perez said one of the people arrested is an engineer who told police he was holding the uranium for other people, but provided no information on the owners of the cache.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/08/28/bolivian-police-seize-2-tons-uranium/#ixzz24ww7EoFq

Firearms: None. All were lost in an unfortunate boating accident on Tempe Townlake.

XDTalk Member Distribution Map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Instructions on adding yourself are in post #497

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
texan_eagle_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18979
Holy Weapons of Mass Destruction, Batman! I'm feeling deja vu all over again. No doubt that was not yellowcake uranium, that was not billed out for Iran, who is not developing nuclear weapons, which will not be found after our tanks clear the way for UN inspectors.
WARNING: The above post may contain material of a humorous or ironic nature. Any grammar or spelling errors may be intended to enhance the aforesaid humor or irony. Please consider carefully before responding.

I don't care that he's black. I hate him because he's Red.

The guy who thinks he's the smartest one in the room never is.

Bucc5207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Probably on its way to our porous southern border to build a dirty bomb.

...nice

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucc5207 View Post
Holy Weapons of Mass Destruction, Batman!
My exact thoughts

M&P .40
Remington 597 .22 w/3-9x24 scope
wyodeseertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 36893
The stock photo of the the guy holding "enriched" uranium is a joke. If it were weapons or fuel grade uranium there is no way people would be hauling it around in sacks with out a lot of people dying. Probably two tons of uranium ore which by itself would produce little harmful radiation. You probably have more radation in your basement or smoke detectors than you realize. Have a cat? Pass a geiger counter over your littler box. Anyone can buy uranium ore off the internet.
The two tons of cocaine the Bolivian police let pass inorder to make the uranium bust will do more damage on our streets that two tons of uranium ore ever will.

Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.

Knowledge without experience is just information.
MadMikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Agreed MadMikeH.

More fear mongering my the media.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 72835
Was that pure or cut uranium?I hope this doesn't affect the price of uranium on the streets of seattle.I'd hate to lose my connection.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 18979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeH View Post
The stock photo of the the guy holding "enriched" uranium is a joke. If it were weapons or fuel grade uranium there is no way people would be hauling it around in sacks with out a lot of people dying. Probably two tons of uranium ore which by itself would produce little harmful radiation. You probably have more radation in your basement or smoke detectors than you realize. Have a cat? Pass a geiger counter over your littler box. Anyone can buy uranium ore off the internet.
The two tons of cocaine the Bolivian police let pass inorder to make the uranium bust will do more damage on our streets that two tons of uranium ore ever will.
Aha! Yellowcake. Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson will show up in this story, count on it.
WARNING: The above post may contain material of a humorous or ironic nature. Any grammar or spelling errors may be intended to enhance the aforesaid humor or irony. Please consider carefully before responding.

I don't care that he's black. I hate him because he's Red.

The guy who thinks he's the smartest one in the room never is.

Bucc5207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 74213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeH View Post
In south america there are tons of bush people they can hire to do anything for a few dollars per day. Poisoining a few guys is no biggie.

I am glad you brought up drugs, they do test tuns. They put out fall guys in collusion with the corrupt LE for a token bust to put in the media, and just to study the cops other times.

I also thought this is not enough to do anything, on its own. How ever it sounds like a just the start sort of thing. not the end of A ONE TIME THING.
rambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeh View Post
pass a geiger counter over your littler box.
i knew it!!!
Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

bolivia police handgun 280

bolivian 2 tons uranium seizure

bolivian nuclear seizure

bolivian police handgun

bolivian police seize 2 tons of uranium

bolivians in phoenix az

uranium in bolivia

Click on a term to search for related topics.