• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

for fun: motivational posters...

This is a discussion on for fun: motivational posters... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I recently saw a website that featured many "motivational posters" geared for RPG's (roll playing games) that were created by the members of that forum. ...

Old 07-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6413
Lightbulb for fun: motivational posters...

I recently saw a website that featured many "motivational posters" geared for RPG's (roll playing games) that were created by the members of that forum. Many were hilarious and well-done. I thought it would be fun to take that idea and focus it towards the gun world, and see what our members can come up with.

You can make these posters one of two ways:

1: I have templates (for both landscape and portrait layouts) made up in Photoshop for all you Photoshop users out there. You just insert your image, and change the text, and save as a jpg. Here are the templates (NOT dial-up friendly - 1.6MB each), set up at 300dpi for quality printing:

http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_del...-landscape.psd
http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_del...e-portrait.psd

or

2: For dial-up users, or people without Photoshop, I found a link to an awesome little online program that creates these posters for you:

http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/motivator.php

All you do is provide a picture, and add your text, and change colors (if you want). I'm not sure if you can then save your image to keep it, or if it stays on that website, or what. I've never used the site to create these posters, but it seems to be pretty self-explanatory.

Now, keep in mind, this is strictly for entertainment's sake! You can make your posters serious, funny, personal, whatever you want. The point is to have fun making it, and then share it with your XDtalk family! I'm sure everyone will have some great posters with great pictures and sayings!

Here are my contributions to this thread. I made them using my Photoshop template. They're reduced in size for bandwidth, so if anyone wants a copy for their own use, let me know and I'll give you the full-size.

(Thanks to XDman1000 for the motivation here)

(My two XD-9 subbies, ok technically one is my fiancee's...)

(I just had to make a poster of him!!)

I think you get the idea. Have fun everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 10046
Hahahah! I love the addiction one!
propellerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 10042

Although this is not my idea, I liked it so much I had to buy the T-Shirt. You should see the looks I get from Liberals when I wear it! I love it!

For anyone interested, these are available from ThoseShirts.com

Last edited by OrangeSkies; 02-14-2007 at 04:47 PM.
OrangeSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 4886
That's the shirt I wear to shoots every other weekend!
Either that or the one that says:

Alchohol
Tobbacco and
Firearms

Should be a conveniece store
Not a Government Agency

When seconds count, the police are only five minutes away.
------------------------------------
MY PARTIAL TOY LIST
XD-9 5" (Production)
XD-40 5" (Limited10)
SA 1911 Loaded (Limited10/SingleStack)
STI Spartan (Limited10/SingleStack)
Kahr PM9 (CCW) KT P3AT (CCW)

Remington 11-87 (Trap)
Remington 870 Express (HD/Trap)

Misc Rifles for fun and hunting
BBunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_delaware

(My two XD-9 subbies, ok technically one is my fiancee's...)
So, when are you and R/T getting married?

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain
aiformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Bwaaahahahahaa!! We haven't set a date yet... but that whole long distance thing isn't working out for us.... so I think it might be over....

Smartass!!

You *do* know that R/T's color scheme was the inspiration for my fiancee's gift, right? They're really two different guns. No, really.... honest....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Daily carry = XD-9 service in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster, a Spyderco Native, and a Streamlight Scorpion.

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence." [CQC Instructor]

A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use. [Delaware Constitution, Article I, 20 Right to keep and bear arms]

Last edited by dave_in_delaware; 07-14-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

OK, since this the "official" thread for these things, I wanted to add my newest creations to the pile here....

Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 12214
Nicely done Dave.
hellagerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 14062
not quite inspirational...

BoomerBSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 14062
sorry if mine arent as good. i have to go to bed soon, and have to work a double shift tomorrow.. so much for my valentines day with my wife

BoomerBSG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
1911 motivational posters
3 deer hump day
despair posters
eod motivational wallpapers
frustration gif demotivational
funny instructor posters
glock motivational posters
happy bunny sayings and quotes
huah emoji
jack bauer quotes
liberalism ideas so good they have to be mandatory
marine corp motivational quotes

marine corps motivational posters

mistakes inspirational poster
pro gun posters

usmc motivational posters

Click on a term to search for related topics.