• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

How far behind is Buds Gun Shop?

This is a discussion on How far behind is Buds Gun Shop? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm considering buying my XD45 from them, but I've read many negative reviews from them. It all seems That they sell guns they don't have ...

Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72902
I'm considering buying my XD45 from them, but I've read many negative reviews from them. It all seems That they sell guns they don't have and they are also very slow in shipping. The first problem makes me a bit apprehensive but forthe price I guess I'd be willing to wait a few weeks. Anyone else have any other problems with this site? I'd like to know before I go and buy from them.

Also would you guys suggest cheaperthandirt.com over Bud's? Are they more professional in terms of customer service than Buds? With Buds it seems like money talks more than loving all their customers.
SanShouXMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72959
I've bought all my guns from bud's retail shop in Lexington. They are definitely big on cash.

The majority of their employees know next to nothing about firearms so do your research before hand if you decide to buy from them at their retail location.

Their prices are hard to beat around here though.
PsychOfMSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #33
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 15076
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerToaster View Post
They are BIG on cash. If you walk in with cash, you can easily get $50-$75 off of the listed price. I'm not sure how many of the actual "buds" stores there are though?

Just the store in Lexington. Bud and Marty ( his son) are good people. they have been in business in the lexington area for over 20 years. I have been dealing with them them for almost 20. Never had an issue they didnt make right.

The older (tenure wise) guys are decently knowledgable, unfortunately, their growth curve has put a lot of newer employees behind the counter.

And UNLIKE CTD, didnt raise their prices 300% the day after the election

Old 05-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #34
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72902
I think it'll always be different when you're dealing with a retailer in person and online. You'll always get better service in person tha. You would online.
SanShouXMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #35
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanShouXMA View Post
I think it'll always be different when you're dealing with a retailer in person and online. You'll always get better service in person tha. You would online.

Not around here. I've left places because I couldn't get a person to put down the phone and open the case. Cash in wallet smoking a hole and nobody that could be bothered to take it! That and similar has happened a half dozen times locally.

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72789
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanShouXMA View Post
I haven't found that here, in the B&M shops, specifically one off of Cleveland Ave..They will never get my $$ because of horrid service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pitandxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
Old Timer

Member #: 47680
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0ck View Post
I'm sorry... but I'm not gonna PAY to become important to you. If I'm not important enough already by being a paying customer... I'm not gonna pay even more for you to suddenly consider me and my orders important.
QFT!!!
///MCoupé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #38
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85275
Cheaperthandirt doesn't have jack in stock. At least Buds has some HK P30's, Kahrs, M&P's....pretty much 10x the selection in stock. Cheaperthandirt has like a SCCY and a Century Arms crap in stock. Plus Buds does layaways! That's how I got a M&P15 MOE Mid and awaiting an XD V10 9mm to ship. Both smooth transactions. I was thinking of putting a HK P30 on layaway. Cheaperthandirt sucks!
damond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #39
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63693
I had some weird things in purchasing a gun from them recently. I submitted my order--which requires you to select an FFL. The next day, I got an email that I had to select an FFL. Huh? Again?

I also never received an email that my order shipped, though my invoice shows it has, with tracking numbers.

I think they may have some technical issues with the volume nowadays.
chrisb507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #40
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syris3000 View Post
Probably just impatient, but I ordered my XDMc 9mm on the 6th and it says that it is in stock, but my order has been on "Processing" since the 6th. Also when I go to their website they have a banner across the top that states the following:

!!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!

An EXTREME increase in TRAFFIC to our website actually caused the site to shut down multiple times last week. Even when the site goes down, we are able to process and ship existing orders normally.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to do our very best to handle the EXTRAORDINARY volume at this time !

Just getting anxious to go shoot my new gun
1 1/2 weeks with a credit card
ScoopdJour is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

9mm, compact, credit card hacked, xdm

Search tags for this page

buds discount guns

buds gun shop coupon
buds gun shop coupon code
buds gun shop coupon code 2013

buds gun shop discount code

buds gun shop price match
buds guns discount code
buds guns discount codes
buds guns shop hacked

budsguns

budsgunshop coupon code
kentucky gun company coupon code
Click on a term to search for related topics.