• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

The Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

This is a discussion on The Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Has anyone used these guys to buy a gun online? They have some good prices on guns I am looking at but wanted to check ...

Old 03-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70746
The Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

Has anyone used these guys to buy a gun online? They have some good prices on guns I am looking at but wanted to check if they were OK before I went with them. thanks!!
Magnum27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 67425
They're good.
shatnerglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 68022
They are really good...Customer service is one of the best I experienced in regards to online purchases....they responded to my questions via email with an hour...bought an XDm compact on Monday, reached my FFL on Wednesday..their standard shipping is 2 day Fedex and their sale price is valid with credit card purchases, unlike Buds Gun, who charges 3% if you use Credit card. With Buds, in order to get the lower price, you have to pay cash, which causes the a delay, took 12 days from purchase online to getting to my FFL.With Sportsman, just took 2 days to get to my FFL, this is the fastest I've experienced in purchasing a fire arm, I guess it is a big deal to me because I get excited and impatient...buy with confidence! Enjoy!
knight4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76526
Well, I ordered and paid Sunday night for a firearm they list as in stock. They received FFL info Monday morning. As of Wednesday night, still not shipped. No answer to my email. 4 phone calls today (Wed.) with no answer. Hmmmm.....
jbmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28784
^^^^ That sounds more like what I got. Took forever to ship, sat there for five days before they sent it to fedex. My FFL had trouble with them and I called several times and never got through and had e-mails go unanswerd. Six days later the e-mail me and can't understand why I'm pissed. Make sure what you are buying is actually what you receive.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76583
First Firearm Purchase

I just placed an order this morning online from them. I called twice before placing the order and on the second call placed the gal answered some ?'s I had about placing the order asked if I could place the order over the phone and she referred me to place it online so I did, got ahold of my FFL Dealer of choice and it's in their hands now hopefully this site lives up to most positive reviews I've read and my new xdm 3.8 compact .45 Bi-Tone $589 shipped is in my hands soon
ramone12781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramone12781 View Post
I just placed an order this morning online from them. I called twice before placing the order and on the second call placed the gal answered some ?'s I had about placing the order asked if I could place the order over the phone and she referred me to place it online so I did, got ahold of my FFL Dealer of choice and it's in their hands now hopefully this site lives up to most positive reviews I've read and my new xdm 3.8 compact .45 Bi-Tone $589 shipped is in my hands soon
Update:

Just called to confirm they got my ffl dealers license info she looked it up and she said they did and it will be shipping out today or tomorrow! So far so good!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramone12781 View Post
Update:

Just called to confirm they got my ffl dealers license info she looked it up and she said they did and it will be shipping out today or tomorrow! So far so good!
Damn that was the fastest same day order same day shipping I have ever gotten from any online retailer and free fedex 2 day shipping. Got email shipping confirmation and my gun will be here Monday/Tuesday! I don't know what happened with these other two guys but so far Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is good in my book.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76526
Well, they finally shipped it late today. Shipped on Thursday, expected on Monday. Some 2 day shipping, especially since they had payment and FFL info by lunch time Monday, and they're in Ohio and I'm right next door in PA. Overall, not pissed, just really disappointed. From other reviews, I'd figured it would be here by Friday. They do have some really good prices on stuff
jbmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 77465
I just ordered from them on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 and I am already having trouble with them. I have called and emailed numerous times to confirm that they got my dealers FFL info and all but once I haven't been able to talk to anyone. I finally got thru today (Friday) and the girl on the phone said they did not have the FFL info yet. So I called my dealer back and they told me they faxed the info to them on Thursday but she would fax it again immediately just in case they didn't get it for some reason. So I called Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore back, and guess what, I can't get anyone to answer the phone again. I have left more messages and I even went to their facebook page and asked someone to please contact me to make sure they got the FFL info and still no one bothers to contact me. I am very concerned about this transaction since they won't bother to send a simple email or take 1 minute of time to call me to verify that they have the FFL info. I'm glad to hear that some of you have had very good experiences with them, so I am at least hopeful that I will eventually get my gun. This is the only thing I hate about ordering online because you never know if someone is just gonna take your money and run or not. I will update again if anything changes.
thpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
sportsman outdoor superstore
sportsman outdoor superstore coupon
sportsman outdoor superstore coupon code
sportsman outdoor superstore location

sportsman outdoor superstore review

sportsman outdoor superstore reviews

sportsman's outdoor superstore review
sportsmans outdoor superstore
sportsmans outdoor superstore address
sportsmans outdoor superstore coupon
sportsmans outdoor superstore location

sportsmans outdoor superstore review

sportsmans outdoor superstore reviews

the sportsman's outdoor superstore review

the sportsmans outdoor superstore reviews

where is sportsmans outdoor superstore located
Click on a term to search for related topics.