• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop?

This is a discussion on Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I ordered an XDm 9mm compact last tuesday, and still haven't heard anything past the "E-Check Payment Received". Also my bank account shows no activity ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54934
Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop?

I ordered an XDm 9mm compact last tuesday, and still haven't heard anything past the "E-Check Payment Received". Also my bank account shows no activity as well. Has it taken this long for anyone else, or am I just being impatient? It does say that it can take as long as 6 business days to be processed and deposited in their account, but today would be day 6.
thanks

****UPDATE**** Buds just called and told me they would honor the original price, and the customer service guy I talked to was wrong. I think filing the complaint through BuySAFE worked! Looks like ill be buying from them after all.
Syris3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Well here is a quick update... Buds basically screwed me because I gave them the correct account number for the E-Check, but they said it got declined. So when I told them I would just pay with my credit card, they said the price had gone up by $37. What a bunch of ****, so now instead of getting my XDm 9mm Compact Black for $562 they want $599 + the 3% to use my credit card for a total of $617. Basically I'm screwed out of $55.

Thanks a lot Buds, looks like I will be purchasing elsewhere from now on. Way to lose a first time customer.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Old Timer

Member #: 65055
Buds has been doing very shady business, including bait and switches of firearms and price gouging
13-B Cannon Crew-member
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
G17 Gen4 OD
HK 45C
Remington 870 Tactical
SA XDS 4.0 9mm
Sig M11-A1-Desert
Colt LE6920

All sold in a tragic houseboat fire that sank.
SonOfOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 66122
Just cancel it all and find a place locally.
flosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 27854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syris3000 View Post
I ordered an XDm 9mm compact last tuesday, and still haven't heard anything past the "E-Check Payment Received". Also my bank account shows no activity as well. Has it taken this long for anyone else, or am I just being impatient? It does say that it can take as long as 6 business days to be processed and deposited in their account, but today would be day 6.
thanks
Don't worry, everything will be as expected. I bought my last gun by e-check. Here is how it works. It takes a day or two for the echeck to get processed and back to your bank. When the money is transferred out of your bank account it takes another couple days to be deposited into Buds Account. Thats the way it works. Everything is fire, you will get your gun. It is a slower than normal process for this reason. In the past Buds has shipped when the first transfer was made. The trnsfer became a charge back for lack of funds. The gun was shipped. Buds was out the price of the gun. So now they make sure to give the transaction enough time to make sure there will be no charge backs before they ship. But you will get your gun at the cash price and everything is good, just delayed.
rayikeo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65792
You know.. you could just order from a company that has it cheaper, doesnt charge the shady CC fees and in my experience at least has great customer service. Looks like they might be out of stock on the black one, but you could call and see.. they have it for $510 though. You can get the bitone for $550... plus $21 shipping.

SPRINGFIELD HS XDM 9MM 3.8 COMPACT BI-TONE @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore:

My Springfields
XDm9 5.25
XDm40 5.25
XDm45 4.5
XDs45 (Traded after recall)
XDm40c (Sadly sold)
XD40 Tactical (Sold)
bbentley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayikeo2 View Post
Don't worry, everything will be as expected. I bought my last gun by e-check. Here is how it works. It takes a day or two for the echeck to get processed and back to your bank. When the money is transferred out of your bank account it takes another couple days to be deposited into Buds Account. Thats the way it works. Everything is fire, you will get your gun. It is a slower than normal process for this reason. In the past Buds has shipped when the first transfer was made. The trnsfer became a charge back for lack of funds. The gun was shipped. Buds was out the price of the gun. So now they make sure to give the transaction enough time to make sure there will be no charge backs before they ship. But you will get your gun at the cash price and everything is good, just delayed.
I guess you didn't read the update...
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbentley40 View Post
You know.. you could just order from a company that has it cheaper, doesnt charge the shady CC fees and in my experience at least has great customer service. Looks like they might be out of stock on the black one, but you could call and see.. they have it for $510 though. You can get the bitone for $550... plus $21 shipping.

SPRINGFIELD HS XDM 9MM 3.8 COMPACT BI-TONE @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore:
Wow thanks for the link man, I have never seen that website before... Good price though!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 27854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syris3000 View Post
I guess you didn't read the update...
No I missed the update, actually I read it But I thought it was a different poster. So that brings me to this question. Why are you blaming Buds for your echeck being turned down for lack of funds? The extra 3% for using a credit card is in their policy. It was unlucky and bad timing to get in the price raise but it was your own fault because of lack of funds delay.
If you bank account had the funds you would have gotten the gun and be enjoying it now. Sorry it happened but you know why.
rayikeo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

[QUOTE=rayikeo2;3252723]No I missed the update, actually I read it But I thought it was a different poster. So that brings me to this question. Why are you blaming Buds for your echeck being turned down for lack of funds? The extra 3% for using a credit card is in their policy. It was unlucky and bad timing to get in the price raise but it was your own fault because of lack of funds delay.
If you bank account had the funds you would have gotten the gun and be enjoying it now. Sorry it happened but you know why.[/QUOTE

Well I could understand if I didn't have the funds in my account... but I have over 5K in my checking so it wasn't that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

9mm, buds, buds gun shop, compact, xdm

Search tags for this page
buds echeck
buds gun shop ach payment
buds gun shop echeck
buds gun shop forum
buds gun shop shipping time

buds guns

buy guns online with echeck
echheuk xd
how long does 3% credit card clears budsgunshop
how long does it take for a check to clear buds gun shop
how long to get gun from buds
pay by echeck online shopping
Click on a term to search for related topics.