• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop?

This is a discussion on Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I live in Lexington and am amazed at how shady the pricing at Bud's is. You can look at a price online and go in ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Anyone pay with an echeck on Buds Gun Shop?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
XDTalk Member

Member #: 59106
I live in Lexington and am amazed at how shady the pricing at Bud's is. You can look at a price online and go in the store and it's totally different. When you call them on it they start in on this "different source" load of crap that makes me even more PO'ed. Screw them. There are places in Lexington that are cheaper than Bud's so don't believe there aren't in your town. Bud's is a bunch of spoiled morons. If you go in there the customers look like Koolaide-drinking zombies. I'm anti-Bud's now after some of my experiences.
S&W 642CT
Bushmaster AR-15
'49 Browning A-5 Light Twelve
Savage Model 64F w/ Vortex 2-7x32
PMAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #22
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54934
Well it just shipped so hopefully it will be here soon!
Syris3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #23
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 70989
For those people that would like to know how an ACH transaction works, while the specific back-end algorithm and happenings are not published, here is what we do know.

A typical transaction can take several days to clear depending on traffic to regional clearing houses. Transactions are not in “real time." Institutions receive output files (transaction updates and notations) just four times a day. A complete processing cycle typically completes in seven (7) calendar days from transaction date to the disbursal to the RDFI bank account.

(Rules and regulations that govern the ACH network are established by NACHA and the Federal Reserve.)

Just so you know, buds takes the information you enter, and submits it to their processing agent, which goes through the ACH system.

1) ACH transactions are electronically submitted.
2) ACH transactions are batched out, once usually at the end of day and the set to a pending status.
3) These transactions are submitted to the ACH Network to begin the settlement process.
4) The ACH electronically notifies the ODFI and the ODFI deducts the designated amount from the customers account.
5) Settled funds enter into the RDFI customers account
6) All returned, disputed and/or refunded transactions are deducted from the total dollar amount in RDFI customers account

Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic network for financial transactions in the USA
Originating Depository Financial Institution (ODFI) Is your Bank
Receiving Depository Financial Institution (RDFI) Is buds Bank.

Buds chooses not to ship until they receive the disbursal.
Buds can not control what or how the ACH, RDFI, or your ODFI handles the ACH transaction.

I keep on hearing people complain about the cash discount prices being displayed at buds; I hope everyone does realize that processing agents for a merchant accounts charge 2- 5% per transaction just depending on what industry your type of business is engaged in. Buds just calls it a cash discount price, because they can't charge a credit card transaction fee.

(NOTE:You can't charge a "fee" for a credit card transaction as the PCI [Payment Card Industry; Visa/Mastercard, Discover, Amex] forbids it and who ever charges a fee can and will get their merchant account suspended if caught.) (This means if your local corner store is charging you a fee when you use your credit card, if you would like to try and contact the PCI or your bank about it, you can get them in trouble with their merchant service provider.[They can charge a fee for pin-debit card transactions, BUT NOT non-pin "check-card" transactions])

Take a look at AMPM, they don't take credit cards, they also charge you a set fee for using a debit card -- and you get the savings in lower gas prices, since they don't have the overhead of credit card merchant fees/debit card bank fees.

Buds is basically going through growing pains right now, taking a look at their websites code: they are running a very manual CMS (Content Management System) with shopping cart plugin. It works, it's just very manual so when high volume happens, they get backed up because its not streamlined or automated -- there is a lot of human interaction that needs to happen on the back-end to make the system function.

This is not an excuse for buds delayed shipping times, they should be updating their website of this fact --- they have some updated shipping times on some of their pages, but like I said their system is so manual they aren't using file_get_contents from a master file from the server, and instead update each page manually -- or so it seems... so there is conflicting information on their website.... its a system designed for a much smaller company with a lot less traffic.
pietro_beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #24
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 70989
OH, and yes I am waiting for a ACH transaction to settle on the RDFI end, and disbursed into buds account so they can start thinking about shipping my gun.
pietro_beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 61522
Done three this way. Last was this month.

Monday - Ordered
Friday - Moved to Shipping status
Monday - Shipped
Wednesday - Arrived at my FFL.

Total 8 business days.
Bigcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #26
XDTalk Member

Tuesday-ordered
next Tuesday-shipping
Wednesday-shipped
Friday(today)-arriving at my FFL
9 business days total
Old 03-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #27
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 15076
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMAZ View Post
I live in Lexington and am amazed at how shady the pricing at Bud's is. You can look at a price online and go in the store and it's totally different. When you call them on it they start in on this "different source" load of crap that makes me even more PO'ed. Screw them. There are places in Lexington that are cheaper than Bud's so don't believe there aren't in your town. Bud's is a bunch of spoiled morons. If you go in there the customers look like Koolaide-drinking zombies. I'm anti-Bud's now after some of my experiences.

I have been dealing with Bud Wells for close to 20 years, never had a situation that they didnt get right. They have also always noted on the web site, that the prices on the web site WILL vary from instore prices. Love how people want to piss and moan about people doing exactly what they said they would do.

I have a guy in Richmond that routinely beats Bud's prices on what he stocks, but he doesnt stock everything Bud does.

Funny, I bought a RIA Tactical about three weeks ago and didnt see a single kool-aid drinking zombie, but you could not turn around in the store and it is a huge storefront.

and Son of Odin, you talk about them being crooks, got any data to support that claim?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #28
XDTalk Member

ugh, now I get to wait on the state of Virginia. apparently my background check is delayed... great
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
XDTalk Member

Finally it cleared last night so ill be picking it up today around lunch time But now my local gun range is closed mon and tuesday so looks like i get to wait some more....
Syris3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #30
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 49428
Ordered a Mosin from them using E-check, everything took a while but got all my gear at the price advertised.

I just ordered a set of binocs from them that retails at the lowest I could find $189 and they are selling at $89! I don't like the fact that they keep your bank stuff on record. Is there anyway I can get them to take that off?
Man_or_Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

9mm, buds, buds gun shop, compact, xdm

Search tags for this page
buds echeck
buds gun shop ach payment
buds gun shop echeck
buds gun shop forum
buds gun shop shipping time

buds guns

budsgunshop echeck
echheuk xd
how long does 3% credit card clears budsgunshop
how long does it take for a check to clear buds gun shop
how long to get gun from buds
pay by echeck online shopping
Click on a term to search for related topics.