• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Moonshiners on Discovery... Are you buyin' this crap?

This is a discussion on Moonshiners on Discovery... Are you buyin' this crap? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm at my in-laws for the holidays and my FIL turns on Moonshiners on the Discovery channel. I watch about 10 mins of this crap ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Moonshiners on Discovery... Are you buyin' this crap?

Old 12-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25708
Angry Moonshiners on Discovery... Are you buyin' this crap?

I'm at my in-laws for the holidays and my FIL turns on Moonshiners on the Discovery channel. I watch about 10 mins of this crap before I can't take it anymore.

This was the episode where this guy (we'll call him Bubba) is out in overalls with no shirt, and he see's a hunter pass by him so he decides to follow him to see what he was about.

This was about the time I was like "are you f**king kidding me?". He decides to see what the guy was all about hours after he passed through IIRC. Then him and his 'shinin partner (who was wearing decent clothes and stated himself he has his running shoes on) were pretending to "trackdown" this guy. Bubba states something to the effect they just want to know who he is and will find out who he is in-case he causes any trouble.

It was at this point I had to leave. I couldn't handle it anymore. Do any of you guys believe this load of $hit? It just felt totally staged to me. Besides, if 'shinin is illegal where they're doing it do you really think that 1) the criminals are going to let themselves be filmed committing illegal acts and 2) wouldn't discovery have some sort of legal obligation to report the activity. If the law comes to discovery and discovery lies, they're obstructing and could be charged.

I personally think the whole show is staged and done so horribly. I think WWF (or whatever it is now) wrestling might be more realistic than this garbage.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
"The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."
-- My wife
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 64089
remember when you could actually learn stuff from watching discovery? now its nothing but this fake reality crap. History channel's the same way. Glad I don't have cable anymore.
3,000+ rounds without a single malfunction
......other guns
thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 66196
They are not actually making shine in the show, The ABC agent that is on the show said in an interview that if they actually were, they would have already been caught. The guy that always wheres the bibs is Tim Smith he is currently in the middle of trying to get a legal distillery up and going.

http://timsmithmoonshine.com/timsmith.html

http://www.wset.com/story/16202746/m...imax-residents

the second link is about the people on the show
CGM40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53578
For your entertainment and not reality. It's all crap.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899
Not everything on discovery and history is reality garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Ocean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean82 View Post
Not everything on discovery and history is reality garbage.

You mean "Not yet" ?

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36123
So there is a legal way to make shine?

Pt 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

How to: Duracoat your XDM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Rebirth of a XDM

When it comes to war, it's not about who's right....but who's left.........
vash_241987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 66196
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
So there is a legal way to make shine?
If im not mistaken you have to have a 200,000 dollar bond before you can even start, you have to get a bunch of permits, you have to report how much you make, how many pounds of ingrediants you use, and your recipe has to be government approved before you can even start.

if you research Chuck Miller I believe he is one of the pioneers of legal shine.
CGM40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67089
Really is garbage. Nothing about that show is real.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 30019
Arrow I'm getting sick of all the "reality" tv crap too.

I watch the moonshiners show, parts of it are entertaining, of course it's not all real. Tim probably has a deal with discovery where he does the show, and he gets some $$$ to help get his legal distillery up and running. I wish him luck, maybe next season will be about setting up his new distillery, that might be entertaining. Too much drama, not enough reality.

That said, the reality TV thing is getting old. I can't stand american chopper, sons of guns is american chopper with a firearms theme, and american guns is just stupid. There's a ton of others, can't stand any of them.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." Adolph Hitler
I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge!!
Deer Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
how are they able to film moonshiners
how can moonshiners be legally filmed
how come the moonshiners do not get caught
how do the guys on moonshiners get away with it
how do the guys on moonshiners not get busted
how do the moon shiners not get caught

how do the moonshiners not get caught

how do the moonshiners not get in trouble
how do the people on moonshiners not get caught
how do the people on moonshiners show not get in trouble
how do they film moonshiners legally
how does moonshiners cast not get in trouble
is moonshiners real
moonshiners discussion

moonshiners forum

moonshiners legal trouble
Click on a term to search for related topics.