• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

S.E. Wisconsin - Private land to shoot on...

This is a discussion on S.E. Wisconsin - Private land to shoot on... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am in Kenosha, WI. Anyone close by with private land to shoot on? I would like to practice with some steel targets, rolling steel ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » S.E. Wisconsin - Private land to shoot on...

Old 10-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62625
S.E. Wisconsin - Private land to shoot on...

I am in Kenosha, WI. Anyone close by with private land to shoot on? I would like to practice with some steel targets, rolling steel targets, USPSA and/or IDPA targets, etc.

Hard to do at any range. Any have enough land that can be used for pistol practice?

A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do.
P.J. O'Rourke
Marc82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 22547
Not private, but may be a possibility....

I know it would be a considerable drive for you, but west out near Monroe is Yellowstone Lake State Park (roughly 25-30 miles NW of Monroe). West of the park on Cty Rd F a couple miles north of Cty Rd D is the state park's shooting range, with both a short pistol range and a longer (maybe 200 yard?) rifle range. It is almost never busy, sometimes totally empty. There is no "on site" range master... self-serve. You could certainly set up your own targets there. Only thing is in fall might see some use as local hunters sight in their weapons for upcoming deer season. We use this range whenever we camp in the area.

"The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions."
- Daniel Webster, statesman and senator (1782-1852)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic."
- Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NRA Life Member 153120629
jmichna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichna View Post
I know it would be a considerable drive for you, but west out near Monroe is Yellowstone Lake State Park (roughly 25-30 miles NW of Monroe). West of the park on Cty Rd F a couple miles north of Cty Rd D is the state park's shooting range, with both a short pistol range and a longer (maybe 200 yard?) rifle range. It is almost never busy, sometimes totally empty. There is no "on site" range master... self-serve. You could certainly set up your own targets there. Only thing is in fall might see some use as local hunters sight in their weapons for upcoming deer season. We use this range whenever we camp in the area.
According to Google Maps, 2.5 hour drive. Wish I could find something like that closer. Thanks.

A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do.
P.J. O'Rourke
Marc82much is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
looking for private property in wi to shoot a gun on
private land in wisconsin to shoot
private land shooting wisconsin
private shooting ranges in se wi
shooting guns on wisconsin privte property
shooting on private land in wisconsin
shooting on private property in wi

shooting on private property in wisconsin

shooting on private property wisconsin

target shooting on private property in wisconsin
target shooting on private property necedah wisconsin
target shooting on private property wisconsin
target shooting wisconsin
where can i target shoot in wisconsin

wisconsin private land shooting

wisconsin target shooting clubs
Click on a term to search for related topics.