• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Home theater question.

This is a discussion on Home theater question. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Your TV does have an analog audio out. It's even shown in the pic. You have a Red (Right) and White (Left) analog audio output ...

Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899
Your TV does have an analog audio out. It's even shown in the pic. You have a Red (Right) and White (Left) analog audio output on your TV. It's right next to the orange digital audio out and the component video inputs. It's in the picture plain as day. Those are not inputs if that's what you're thinking. There is no reason audio ever needs to go IN to a TV unless you're using it as a monitor/speaker for a computer.

Run AV cables (Red/White/Yellow) from the Red/White audio outputs from the TV to the Red/White audio inputs on the back of the Bose unit. That's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Ocean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 26776
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordeKyle View Post
I see what you're doing.

You have HDMI coming out of the cable box going to the TV, and running audio from the TV to the Bose receiver because you don't have HDMI on the Bose.

Here is what you can do. You can still keep the TV hooked up to the cable box, but use the RCA (red and white) from the cable box, to the RCA on the Bose. Those audio out ports on the cable box SHOULD still be active. If not, you should be able to use a regular RCA cable to hook up the digital audio out to the digital audio in on the receiver.

Edit: also, what brand TV doesn't have RCA audio out?! That seems a little premature to be phasing those connections out.
I did think about doing it that way, but it still didn't solve the problem of the apple TV. If I have to do it that way, I will, but it seemed that the digital audio out would be sufficient to have a permanent audio out and not have to ever change the input on the receiver.
TV is a Mitsubishi WD-65833 - 65" Diamond rear projection TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean82 View Post
Your TV does have an analog audio out. It's even shown in the pic. You have a Red (Right) and White (Left) analog audio output on your TV. It's right next to the orange digital audio out and the component video inputs. It's in the picture plain as day. Those are not inputs if that's what you're thinking. There is no reason audio ever needs to go IN to a TV.

Run AV cables (Red/White/Yellow) from the Red/White audio outputs from the TV to the Red/White audio inputs on the back of the Bose unit. That's it.
Yes it does have the Red/white/yellow, but those are for the component inputs. They take the audio from the component device and play it through the TV speaker. That would work if I was hooking things up via component. All of my stuff is hooked up via HDMI.
I could do it with the cable box and Blue-ray player, but the apple TV still wouldn't work with the sound system.
Also, audio does need to go into the TV if you are not hooking it up to a sound system.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54261
You guys are confusing RCA's with digital, they are analog, HDMI is digital. Its the same when you run a 2 zone receiver, the 2nd zone isn't digital so it wont convert the HDMI digital signal to your zone 2 speakers, so if you want to hear whatever your watching on tv on your 2nd zone speakers you have to run the Red and White RCA's from your cable box audio out to tv in on the back of the receiver...All you need to do jere is run RCA (Red and White) audio cable from cable box out to bose receiver tv in, and make sure your cable box volume is up...
Tactical Wilderness belt - 5 stitch - OD Green
Remington 870 tactical with Blackhawk Knoxx Specops Generation II pistol grip collapsible stock, tri rail, and Surefire X400 light laser combo - HD
ETrain33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #14
XDTalk 20K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETrain33 View Post
You guys are confusing RCA's with digital, they are analog, HDMI is digital. Its the same when you run a 2 zone receiver, the 2nd zone isn't digital so it wont convert the HDMI digital signal to your zone 2 speakers, so if you want to hear whatever your watching on tv on your 2nd zone speakers you have to run the Red and White RCA's from your cable box audio out to tv in on the back of the receiver...All you need to do jere is run RCA (Red and White) audio cable from cable box out to bose receiver tv in, and make sure your cable box volume is up...
Correct, I could do this. But this is not what I wanted to do. The Bose system appears to be capable of using the digital audio, and the TV has a digital audio out. So I want to not have to change anything on my bose box if I switch from lets say cable box to blu ray player.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 23703
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNO3

Correct, I could do this. But this is not what I wanted to do. The Bose system appears to be capable of using the digital audio, and the TV has a digital audio out. So I want to not have to change anything on my bose box if I switch from lets say cable box to blu ray player.
I agree with you. I ALWAYS run audio through the TV then to the receiver. Changing the input on the TV is easier than changing the input on the TV AND the receiver.

You can use a normal RCA wire to hook up the digital plug, you don't need to buy anything else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
MordeKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 63256
I agree with above you should hook up to all three red white and yellow for digital. the reason being is some of the audio does not have a digital signal so you would have no sound during those times if analog is hooked up usually something like a bose set up will sense the lack of signal on the digital and auto switch to analog. bottom line most tv's will not up convert the audio signal to digital
donmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
CGP
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52344
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNO3 View Post
I have a similar setup but using fiber optic cable instead of coax audio. They both transmit digital audio from tv to receiver, assuming the source is also digital (like HDMI). All my sources use hdmi that are connected to the tv. This provides the benefit of having audio from the tv. I turn on the receiver with surround sound if I want the oomph. I don't have to change the source on the receiver, just the volume.

Note that if you are going to use analog sources on your TV, you want to also connect the RCA analog cable from the TV to your analog ports on the receiver, but this will depend on the TV. Some high end TVs will automatically do the analog-to-digital audio conversion, but worse case, you would still have sound from your TV.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #18
XDTalk 20K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordeKyle View Post
I agree with you. I ALWAYS run audio through the TV then to the receiver. Changing the input on the TV is easier than changing the input on the TV AND the receiver.

You can use a normal RCA wire to hook up the digital plug, you don't need to buy anything else.
Yup this is how I wanted it set up. Glad I can use the cable I already have. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGP View Post
I have a similar setup but using fiber optic cable instead of coax audio. They both transmit digital audio from tv to receiver, assuming the source is also digital (like HDMI). All my sources use hdmi that are connected to the tv. This provides the benefit of having audio from the tv. I turn on the receiver with surround sound if I want the oomph. I don't have to change the source on the receiver, just the volume.

Note that if you are going to use analog sources on your TV, you want to also connect the RCA analog cable from the TV to your analog ports on the receiver, but this will depend on the TV. Some high end TVs will automatically do the analog-to-digital audio conversion, but worse case, you would still have sound from your TV.
No analog sources going into the TV so that should not be an issue. If it is, I'll deal with it when it arises. For some reason this TV does not have the optical out otherwise I would just use that. I've never seen the digital audio only port, so I've never messed with it. I have always used either opitical or analog.
Thanks for your help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

audio

Search tags for this page

sig sauer pt938

what is the d port for on bose

zone 2 analog cable box

Click on a term to search for related topics.