• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Buds Financing

This is a discussion on Buds Financing within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm thinking about using the 6-month option from Buds to finance a gun, but this has me worried: Does this mean that even if I ...

Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 54311
Buds Financing

I'm thinking about using the 6-month option from Buds to finance a gun, but this has me worried:

Does this mean that even if I pay it off inside the 6-month period, I still have to pay the 29.99 interest accrued over that 6-month period? Has anyone used Buds financing and paid off on time with no extra charges? Thanks!
riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
If it is like how my snowmobile was more than a few years ago, it was interest free if paid off within 6 months; but if you have any balance at all at the end of the 6 months, they retroactively tack on the interest starting from day 1.

you can be damned sure I paid in full at 5 months

so I assume the legal definition for "usury" starts at 30% interest then? 29.99 is just insane. I think I'd be paying that one off by the start of the 4th month.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

That's what I was thinking too, but the wording throws me off a bit. It says, "will be applied to the promotional balance from the purchase date", and, "will continue to apply after your promotional term expires". Makes it sound like it applies to all balances, whether or not it is during the promotional period of 6-months.

Damn, I wish I could find a gun shop that let me use my Bill Me Later account!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Just save your money, and pay cash for it. Then you save yourself some headache and worry down the road.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 55448
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E. Tx.XD View Post
Just save your money, and pay cash for it. Then you save yourself some headache and worry down the road.

This.

Financing is bad. Debt is bad. You're only talking about waiting 4-6 months at the most and paying cash. If it's not your only firearm it's a luxury item that can wait and if it's your first then look into buying something less expensive as an interim gun.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 57466
The fact that GE is in that document would have me paying for it some other way. I refuse to give GE anymore of my money.
It probably accrues interest back to the purchase date if you do not pay it on-time.
Cash is King.
js12278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 18081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
This.

Financing is bad. Debt is bad. You're only talking about waiting 4-6 months at the most and paying cash. If it's not your only firearm it's a luxury item that can wait and if it's your first then look into buying something less expensive as an interim gun.
This is why I like XDTalk, I feel like I am taking crazy people when I say this to most people and they act like I am un-American for not running up as much personal debt as possible!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32358
Like Dave Ramsey says, "Be weird". Get out of debt and stay out of debt. Don't get it until you can pay cash for it. You will be a much more contented person down the road. Most all wealthy people wouldn't buy a new car if their net worth was under 1 million. Thats partly why most people are poor. They ignore principles that the rich live by for the most part. I know people driving around in big new trucks etc. and have the new or nearly new home. I'm not impressed because I know nearly all of them are just barely paying for it.

And by the way. Don't deal with GE. Let them stick it and shame on Buds for even participating in that option to sell a product. Money lenders are not your friend. Stay away from them.
ZAPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Thanks for the replies, you've talked me into waiting!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35119
Don't be willing to go into debt for anything!!!! Especially if you don't understand how "Deferred Interest" works and also what's going on in the country. Look for that statement from your bank telling you how your interest rate is going up again in the near future. The price Buds list in the cash price. If you finance through Buds, they make you buy a warranty (about $35.00) then they bang you 3-4% of the deal that GE charges them. GE is known for giving people way more credit then they need. Once you get credit through Buds, you will have the ability to click and buy as you please. Before you know it, you have a maxed out card and a 3-4 hundred dollar payment. So do the right thing and just pay yourself a credit card payment each month and DON'T TOUCH IT!!! You will be amaze on how fast you have the cash to buy it!
woundedyak is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
ammo dealers that accept billmelater payments
bill me later gun dealers

bill me later gun stores

bill me later guns

buy guns with bill me later

buy now pay later guns

can i use bill me later for gun purchase
firearms /pay later
gun store that accepts bill me later
hand guns bill me later
online gun stores that accept bill me later
what ammo sites accept bill me later
Click on a term to search for related topics.