• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

looking for advice for a 9mm

This is a discussion on looking for advice for a 9mm within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by CarlosT And as an illustration of my point, my wife tried the CZ and hated it. Did not fit her hand at ...

Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosT View Post
And as an illustration of my point, my wife tried the CZ and hated it. Did not fit her hand at all. So you really do need to go out and try them.
Not disputing that. He asked for suggestions, I suggested.
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 53491
Of the three you mentioned I would go with the Glock. A G17 specifically. You should also look into the M&P 9fs or the 9L, they're great guns.
dhunley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 57015
Do you have a range that rents guns?

Do you have a range that rents guns? If so your best bet is to go to the range several times and rent a different pistol each time. You will be able to make a good decision on what feels best to you.
I personally would suggest a xdm 3.8c. It comes with two magazines; one hight capacity and the other really high capacity(19). Yes you will pay more for it, but if Illinois ever gets a clue and allows it citizens to exercise your constitutional rights, then you will already have a quality weapon thqat is very concealable.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson2 View Post
How reliable is the cz I haven't looked to much into that gun as I did for the others
They are very good quality weapons. The basic design hasn't changed much in over 30 years and many of the top competition shooters in the world use them, along with foreign military and police units. My next purchase will probably be a PO-1 (smaller than the SP-01 for easier concealment).
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 06-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 58322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheEldest View Post
Not disputing that. He asked for suggestions, I suggested.
I know, but it's like telling someone what their favorite ice cream should be. We can suggest all we want, but he's got to find out what works for him.

That said, all of the guns I mentioned have their good points, and would be worth looking at. One that I forgot to mention that I tried was the S&W M&P. It too eventually lost out to the XDm, but it was pretty close.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
For not very much money, you can often find police trade in 92 Berettas and Glock 17s. This is the cheapest way to get a very quality 9mm that i really doubt you will ever wear out. Both are accurate and reliable and there are tons of accessories out for either.

Another inexpensive but nice for it's price 9mm is the Sig Pro 2022. I see these brand new, with night sights at our Academy Outdoor Stores for 399 bucks. That is a steal for a pistol of that quality.

An XD Tactical 9mm is another great choice, as it has a long sight radius (like the 92 Beretta) and is not very expensive.

The CZ-75 can be had around 400 bucks...another good choice.

Want to spend more on a great range 9mm? Look for a nice FN Hi-Power. You get an all steel gun that points great and has a short crisp trigger.

Those are my suggestions.

For the record, I own a Hi-Power and a Glock 17 and love them both.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #17
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosT View Post
I know, but it's like telling someone what their favorite ice cream should be. We can suggest all we want, but he's got to find out what works for him.
I'm at a loss as to what I said that makes you think I'm disagreeing with you.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
Want to spend more on a great range 9mm? Look for a nice FN Hi-Power. You get an all steel gun that points great and has a short crisp trigger.
Another great design.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 40024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZE835 View Post
Personal preference, fit in hand, and as budget allows. I recommend the XDm with the 4.5 barrel. There are multiple good choices.
I've heard great things about the CZ and either the Sig P226/229, if your budget allows. I do own a XDm 9mm in 4.5 and fell in love with it at the gun shop. It was my first ever handgun and it just melted into my hand. I shoot it very accurately too and is normally my everyday carry.
tazfootball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
The top 9mm pistols, period.

(in no particular order)

Beretta 92 FS

Glock 17

CZ-75 (all steel full-size)

Hi-Power

SIG P226 (W. German...no rail)

Those are pretty much the best all around 9mms that have proven themselves. Can't go wrong with any of these guns.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

92fs, 9mm, glock, xdm

Search tags for this page

92fs sight picture

9mm conversion for px4

beretta 92 sight picture

beretta 92fs sight picture

beretta 9fs forum
beretta 9fs vs springfield xdm
converting beretta px4 to decock only
hk p30l accuracy

m&p 9fs vs glock 17 2011 forums

m&p 9mm de-cock
px4 compact police trade in
px4compact vs full size
sig p225 vs. hi-power
sig p229 enhanced elite vs xdm compact
soft shooting full size 9mm women
w german sig p226 or xdm 9mm
Click on a term to search for related topics.