• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

How to beat an HOA at their own game...

This is a discussion on How to beat an HOA at their own game... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Rustynuts As stated, here in the Tampa area you CANNOT find a house without an HOA. Just another money grubbing "free" market ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » How to beat an HOA at their own game...

Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #21
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 49370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
As stated, here in the Tampa area you CANNOT find a house without an HOA. Just another money grubbing "free" market system by the home builders. Talk about collusion.

So, you either live in a house with an HOA, or live in an apartment with even worse rules.
I bought a house in Seffner in Dec 2009. No HOA. It can be done, you just need to look at older neighborhoods.
jaegertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55032
Our HOA here is a tad over $1K a year.

We complain about it a ton but it doesnt seem to do any good.

such is life.. If we could find a nice 10 acre plot that would still have quick access to the roads and was outside the city limits so I could have my own private range, I would.

Twin Springfield XD(m) 4.5 9MM
- Veridian Green Laser on one
Taurus PT1911AR .45
Taurus TCP
Ruger LCR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

psychocabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 9024
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonw1 View Post
That is awesome. How much is "Go Bolts Security" a month? Is is comparable to ADT?
I'm not sure, but I'd rather take my chances with police showing up in 10+ minutes than getting checked on the ice...
Old 05-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18974
So the Nazis did survive and decided to gather inside a new organisation called Home Owners Asociation?

Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39634
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlt View Post
I can honestly say I'm glad for the HoA in the community I live in. The only time I ever got a complaint is when I did really have 2 foot tall weeds in the yard (we just moved in and I was gone for tdy). Things have to get pretty far gone for them to complain at all. The part I like about it is our free gym, multiple pools, water park, lake stocked with fish and regular free community events. A lot of HoA's really do not offer anything at all except you paying for their right to tell you what to do. I'm quite happy with our $75 a month HoA.
That's what my wife and I pay a month, we have none of the aforementioned amenities! We do however, have some very nice covered play places for the kids! But other than that, we pay to have HOA be aesthetics police, which isnt too bad, btw. Just keep up with your sh!t!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18974
^^So you guys actually pay them to tell you what you can do and what not, what you can have in your backyard and what not?

Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfan View Post
^^So you guys actually pay them to tell you what you can do and what not, what you can have in your backyard and what not?
Yes. We don't have get a "choice" about paying them. The only way to get out of paying HOA dues is to move to a location that isn't controlled by an HOA. Good luck with that around here, and if you do find a place, you
Have to sit on the floor and eat so the bullets go over your head.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55936
Location: Crummy California the most unfair state in the union.
Hence my quote,

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person".

They say you need to reach out and touch someone. Well you've been touched.

Never talk crap about your competition, especially when it comes to business. This will make your client/customer think less of you and your product.

~Tim Castrejon

O
ne
B ig
A ss
M istake
A merica

Retard is not an offensive statement if the statement about said retard is true.
Evil Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53956
HOA are here to make money and bust your --lls.period
mcostanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 28347
I bought a house in an HOA, it has been okay. Land scaping is done as is snow removal and sanding along with a big clean up in the spring when the ice goes away. There were also no weird rules in the bylaws either.

If your part of an HOA get on the board and make thing the way you want them. I was just elected VP of my HOA a few weeks ago, now I'm the Nazi...
Beretta CX4 Carbine 9mm Battlestar Glactica Edition
Benelli Super Nova 12ga.
CMMG M4gery
RRA 6.8 SPC Carbine
CMANavy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
beat the hoa
beating a hoa
beating an hoa
beating hoa
beating the hoa

how to beat hoa

how to beat hoa rules
how to beat hoas
how to beat homeowners association
how to beat the hoa
how to beat the homeowners association

how to beat your hoa

how to beat your homeowners association
how to get out of a hoa

how to get out of paying hoa

Click on a term to search for related topics.