• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Ffl123

This is a discussion on Ffl123 within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Has anybody here ever looked into this? It sounds too good to be true, but interesting none the less....

Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22405
Ffl123

Has anybody here ever looked into this? It sounds too good to be true, but interesting none the less.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 27336
It is.....Just another way to take your money based on fear. The C&R 03 license is designed for individuals. If you know how to sign your name and have a SS# not hard to apply or obtain. NO assistance necessary. The other FFL categories are intended for full commercial enterprises and require a store front, zoning, insurance, inventory tracking, inspections, etc of a normal commercial enterprise. Do not expect approval of new applications for private use.
Trijicon / PRP / PistolGear barrels / SuperTuck
NRA Endowment Member SAF Member
ThumperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperIII View Post
It is.....Just another way to take your money based on fear. The C&R 03 license is designed for individuals. If you know how to sign your name and have a SS# not hard to apply or obtain. NO assistance necessary. The other FFL categories are intended for full commercial enterprises and require a store front, zoning, insurance, inventory tracking, inspections, etc of a normal commercial enterprise. Do not expect approval of new applications for private use.
Well the reason I was considering it was because there is a guy I know that runs an FFL transfer company out of his house part time. He is actually a preferred FFL with Bud's Gun Shop. There is no store, just his house. At $25 a transfer, that is some pretty good side money. Plus I would like to be able to build and/or buy suppressors in my home workshop. Will the C&R allow me to do this?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 11567
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjgarre View Post
Well the reason I was considering it was because there is a guy I know that runs an FFL transfer company out of his house part time. He is actually a preferred FFL with Bud's Gun Shop. There is no store, just his house. At $25 a transfer, that is some pretty good side money. Plus I would like to be able to build and/or buy suppressors in my home workshop. Will the C&R allow me to do this?

Thanks for the help.
No. A Curio and Relic (C&R) license is a limited FFL designed to cut some red tape out of the purchase process for those who have it (usually collectors), but you're limited on which weapons you can acquire to those that are C&R-approved by the ATF. It does not allow you perform any of the functions of a full retail or manufacturing licensee (no transfers, manufacturing of hardware, etc).
Fifty million new Americans have died in abortions since 1973. Where were their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why do we turn a blind eye toward--or worse, cheer on--a holocaust within our own land? Please, choose life for your baby.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." --Jesus, John 14:6 (ESV)

Proud member of the AKM operator's club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DanTheEldest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 27336
Check the NRA site. They are supposed to have a section on FFL licenses and business setups. Should have all the free info the other site is selling. It was easier to get a full FFL some years ago, but since then the BATF has tightened the requirements specifically to prevent Individual use of FFL without an associated business. Many small time FFL dealers grandfathered in before the changes, but many have since been put out of existence by high regulation compliance requirements. Ask your part-time dealer about it, he has first hand knowledge.
Trijicon / PRP / PistolGear barrels / SuperTuck
NRA Endowment Member SAF Member
ThumperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 21415
You don't need a FFL to buy a suppressor. Just fill out the forms, pay the tax and get the stamp.

To legally build a suppressor you need a Type 7 Class 2 license.

This Veteran is heavily medicated for your safety.

A lot not alot or allot
Threw, through, thru know the difference.
Your, you're
An or and
There, their, they're

Homonyms work sheet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

List of homonyms

Cannibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47466
Check which state you can have a suppressor in. Michigan does not allow it
Wilson X-Tac .45
M&P9c
M&P 9
Sgt 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 72338
I think the Guide from FFL123.com is well worth the money. I just finished my interview with the ATF agent and I was well prepared with the assistance of the Guide.

It walks you thru the application. I would have applied for the wrong license if I had not bought this guide. It walks you thru the ATF interview, giving you the info the ATF agent will review with you on your visit. Next you learn the best wholesellers to buy from and gives you a much needed reference.

Grant it you can accomplish all this without this guide but this makes it a lot easier with all the information in one place, plus a 150% money back guarantee!!

Just my two cents worth!

DOUBLE D GUNS opening soon!!
Look me up on my facebook page!!!
DBL_D_GUNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 87320
FFL123 made it real easy to get my type 07 FFL. It only took me 60 days from start to finish( lic in hand). It explained every step in detail and had examples. I learned a lot from them. Made the process smooth. I would recommend it for anybody wanting to apply for their FFL.

Chipmunk Enterprises LLC
Chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39297
Doubl-D and Chipmunk, A recommendation from a brand new member doesn't carry much weight. Sounds like friends trying to help their buddy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Dacsoft is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
does ffl123 really work
does ffl123 work
ffl 123
ffl 123 review
ffl 123 reviews

ffl123

ffl123 review

ffl123 reviews

ffl123.com
ffl123.com review
ffl123.com reviews
is ffl123 worth it
Click on a term to search for related topics.