• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

marlin model 25 22lr

This is a discussion on marlin model 25 22lr within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I just dug this out of my step dads gun safe. dont know much about it but I dont like it, for some reason the ...

Old 02-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49802
marlin model 25 22lr

I just dug this out of my step dads gun safe. dont know much about it but I dont like it, for some reason the rd wont eject from the gun it gets stuck on the extractor I think and I have to use a key to get it out. Can anybody help out in figureing what is wrong
bigtfw2000420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 22547
So the empty casing sits stuck under the lip of the extractor? Sounds like the extractor is damaged, perhaps some crud or corrosion is present, or it's out of position. Have you tried disassembling the bolt and giving everything a thorough "brass brush" cleaning?

Maybe try the Marlin folks at Rimfire Central or Marlin Owners forums?

Here's a link to a Marlin rimfire bolt action manual. There's an exploded diagram at the back that will help you disassemble/re-assemble the bolt.

"The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions."
- Daniel Webster, statesman and senator (1782-1852)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic."
- Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NRA Life Member 153120629
jmichna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 29327
I've had a model 25n for 20 years....it was the first firearm I've ever owned and the only firearm given to me by my bio-father....thousands of rounds without a single issue.

Sounds like you have a bum extractor or it coul be gummed up....pull it out and give it a good cleaning to see if that helps. If you have to replace, it will cost you about six bucks plus shipping from Brownells.

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

"There are no restrictions on the First Amendment when trying to restrict the Second Amendment" -- Tim Inwood, Buckeye Firearms Association.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Don't own a Marlin bolt gun, but I have restored three very crusty old Remington 22 bolt guns.

One thing is that your extractor probably has some dried grease/gunk behind its groove on the bolt. Disassemble the bolt and de-grease everything really good. I'd bet that the extractor is just clogged and not damaged. The spring might also be a little lazy, but all of my Remmys needed serious cleaning of dried gunk on their bolts, because the previous owners used WD-40 or had never cleaned the thing since the 70s.

Try that first, before buying parts...I bet its a great shooter, too.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

ok got another question, the gun still fires fine just wont eject, my stepdad won this gun in a raffle back in the 70's and never been registured. So I want to sell to a gun shop or pawn shop for something semi auto am I going to have any probelms selling this. and how much would I get for it.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

ok just went to gunparts website and my gun is missing part its called ejector but on the pic I cant see how it would eject spent rd
Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

its number 11 i dont have
Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Of course it is not registered....there is no registration of firearms in Texas.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 29327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtfw2000420 View Post
ok got another question, the gun still fires fine just wont eject, my stepdad won this gun in a raffle back in the 70's and never been registured. So I want to sell to a gun shop or pawn shop for something semi auto am I going to have any probelms selling this. and how much would I get for it.
it's worth about 70-100 bucks...I'll give you 80 shipped for it, I'd like to have another to eventually give it to my son as my 25 has deep sentimental value to me. PM me if you are interested in it...I'll get you my FFL shipping info.

"There are no restrictions on the First Amendment when trying to restrict the Second Amendment" -- Tim Inwood, Buckeye Firearms Association.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickboy240 View Post
Of course it is not registered....there is no registration of firearms in Texas.

- brickboy240
that is what I thought dude I had people telling me all kind of things

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
1990 marlin 25n owners manual
22 marlin model 25 made in the 70's
cleaning marlin model 25n
how to take the bolt out of my mod 25
marlin 25 bolt disassembly
marlin 25m bolt

marlin 25mn bolt disassembly

marlin 25mn bolt removal

marlin 25n disassembly

marlin 25n manual

marlin model 25 bolt disassembly

marlin model 25 disassembly

marlin model 25 for sale

marlin model 25 review

marlin model 25n manual

marlin model 25n owners manual
Click on a term to search for related topics.