• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Help choosing a home theater system

This is a discussion on Help choosing a home theater system within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by VinnAY Since you're willing to spend $450, spend $429 and be WAY ahead of that Bose 2.1 nonsense: Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S5300 7.1-Channel ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Help choosing a home theater system

Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25708
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Since you're willing to spend $450, spend $429 and be WAY ahead of that Bose 2.1 nonsense:

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S5300 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package with iPod Dock (Black): Electronics

This may be overkill for your needs but the point is is that you can get a sweet at least 5.1 system for less than Bose where you're paying for name over quality.
This seems like the next step up from mine with the 3D capabilities. I enjoy my receiver very much. Here's the key when looking for a receiver though:
Quote:
Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (4 Inputs and 1 Output)
or
Quote:
1080p-compatible HDMI video switching (4 in, 1 out)
If you don't see something similar to the specs above, the receiver will only handle audio and you'll need two HDMI cables.

ETA: I see you already bought one. Congrats!!
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
"The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."
-- My wife
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Since you're willing to spend $450, spend $429 and be WAY ahead of that Bose 2.1 nonsense:

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S5300 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package with iPod Dock (Black): Electronics

This may be overkill for your needs but the point is is that you can get a sweet at least 5.1 system for less than Bose where you're paying for name over quality.
I picked up a Onkyo HTIAB HT6100 a couple years ago for $500. I really like it. I just wish I'd bother putting up the rest of the speakers...haha.

Onkyo HT-S6100 - 7.1-Channel Home Theater Package with iPod® Dock | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 43519
I know that Bose is very over priced, but I have to say last year i was given a 321 sytem as a christmas gift and it sounds fantastic. I think the quailty is awsome however getting it as a gift is different then buying one.
rozz421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

audio, system

Search tags for this page

2.1 home theater in a box, forum, other than bose

sams club bose $429

Click on a term to search for related topics.