• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Winchester ammo manufacturer to close plant for reloc.

This is a discussion on Winchester ammo manufacturer to close plant for reloc. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Gunner69 According to financial analyst Capital IQ, Olin had a profit margin of 5.45 percent on $1.55 billion in revenues in the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Winchester ammo manufacturer to close plant for reloc.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #11
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner69 View Post
According to financial analyst Capital IQ, Olin had a profit margin of 5.45 percent on $1.55 billion in revenues in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30.

There's a pretty telling statement right there.. I don't know of any company that would be happy with a 5.45% profit margin.
At that rate most companies would close their doors. I would

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Really interesting reading the comments on that story... I agree the Unions, and more importantly, the Union Workers, needs to wake up.

Discussion : It's official: Olin ammo production to Mississippi
Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 37329
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsh341 View Post
Companies need to have low prices to remain competitive. That might require no mandatory bonuses or raises and less benefits. Unless the unions realize this, they will kill the unions off themselves.
Sadly most union members do not see it this way. Way too many have developed the "welfare entitlement attitude".
Old 11-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
Have you also noticed that every foreign auto maker that decides to build a plant in the States does so in Southern states and avoids Michigan and Ohio? They also do not use UAW line workers.

Many foreign gun makers also go South. HK is in Alabama and FN is in the South as well. Don't be surprised if you see Smith & Wesson, Colt or Marlin also move down here. High taxation, union labor and the unfriendly business climate are all to blame.

Makes sense for Winchester to leave IL. Why would anyone set up a business in IL, NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, DE or even CA anymore?

Come to Texas....we love guns and would love to have you, S&W and Colt! LOL

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 39431
Just like Donald Trump said yesterday on Greta (FOX), they moved the MAYTAG manufacturing plant to MEXICO, and lost thousands of jobs.
TACC XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #16
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 44460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACC XD View Post
Just like Donald Trump said yesterday on Greta (FOX), they moved the MAYTAG manufacturing plant to MEXICO, and lost thousands of jobs.

THAT bldg. is still available, if anyone is interested in 270K sq. ft. of mfg. space

I'd love to see Armalite move to SC, but, they'd be in competition with FNH, so, I don't know how that would play out
Old 11-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #17
XDTalk Member

Member #: 22568
"Have you also noticed that every foreign auto maker that decides to build a plant in the States does so in Southern states and avoids Michigan and Ohio?"

What about the Honda Plants in Marysville Ohio? They're union free going on 28 years. First Honda Plant in America.
Buckeye454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Member #: 47350
I read the other older articles in that link and it gets even worse. It reads to me like the Union and Olin worked out a deal and the workers themselves rejected it.

part of the deal was giving up a FIFTH WEEK of vacation!!!!!!!!!!

I have'nt taken FIVE DAYS...............
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 39037
If the times abide to you conceeding some union benefits to keep food on your table, and a roof over your head...

Do it... Because if you haven't been watching TV, or reading the paper, or listening to the radio...

There is a RECESSION going on, and you should be GLAD to have the work!
Reverenddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #20
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 4785
I forgot about the Honda plant in Marysville. If the UAW had gotten in that plant when it opened....I bet it would be shut down by now or moved to another state.

I also bet that if Honda had no plants in the USA and wanted to open one today, they'd stay far away from Ohio, Michigan and other more northern union states.

If the UAW ever gets its claws into the foreign car makers plants...they'll be as crappy as the US big 3 makers in a year or so...count on it.

- brickboy240

Es mejor morir a pie que vivir arrodillad
Brickboy240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
ammo factory closes
ammo manufacturer closing
ammunition factories closing
ammunition factory closes
ammunition manufacturer closed
ammunition manufacturers in mississippi

are ammunition manufacturers closing

is obama closing ammo manufac
lbullet manufacturers closing
whitch ammo mfg. is closing
winchester ammo manufacturer

winchester ammo manufacturing plant

winchester ammo plant closing
winchester ammo production
winchester ammunition manufacturing plants
winchester ammunition production
Click on a term to search for related topics.