• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Do you know why your coworkers dont like you?

This is a discussion on Do you know why your coworkers dont like you? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; ........

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Do you know why your coworkers dont like you?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 46840
Do you know why your coworkers dont like you?

Last edited by Boostedxt; 07-24-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Boostedxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 36529
My coworkers don't really like me because I got promoted at 20 with 2 years in. I have held my spot for 6 years now.
CZ Shadow Custom
CZ P07 DUTY sold
CZ P01

"In the end were just a bunch of chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time I have been given I am what I am..."
kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 47421
must have been a totally unbiased review. hahaa!!!
iDominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 46422
Sounds like my boss. Except it was, "Do you know why your superiors don't like you ...?" Because I don't have superiors?
Mudinyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 36130
I feel you. May be time to look elsewhere. If a boss is talking to you like that, he is hoping you quit so he won't have to pay unemployment. A really evil employee might take advantage of that situation... In a group of friends I went to college with, there was a guy who worked at a fast food joint. He overheard his boss say "We don't fire people, they quit." Another guy in the group took a weeks vacation at his job in order to test that statement. He actually got away with quite a bit, but it was the 200 plus cheeseburgers he made on slow Wednesday afternoon (when they they normally had around 10-20 customers) that got him canned.

Seriously, have an employment backup plan. 1-2 years from now, you won't be working there, by your choice or his. Plan ahead. Don't make unnecessary purchases, and start squirreling money away. I've worked management for several years. I'm not saying he's justified, I'm saying that's what he thinks. My 2 cents
"There are over 550 million firearms in world wide circulation. That's one firearm for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?" --Nicholas Cage as Yuri Orlov in Lord of War
rufireproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37775
This is also a common ploy that managers will play in order to force you to do even better.

Good managers use this technique tacitly.

./Devils Advocate

Bad managers use it because they're bad managers and either just don't know or don't care...

Last edited by Haywood; 10-05-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Grammar
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 26172
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufireproof View Post
I feel you. May be time to look elsewhere. If a boss is talking to you like that, he is hoping you quit so he won't have to pay unemployment.
employers pay unemployment whether their ex-employees use it or not. They do not pay more when someone uses it

I haven't stopped believing in god. I just stopped beliving he cares. There might be a god, there might not, but i dont think it matters. Either way were on our own.-Jace Wayland

If you want to polish your barrel click the link below

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
sourpatch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 39205
some of my coworkers don't like me because I'm ex-military; which makes me honorable, trustworthy, willing to do whatever it takes whenever it is needed to get s4it done, and I am dead honest sometimes to a fault because I say what I get paid to think.

but heck - all that got me promoted, got me relocated with my family to a great Country, to live in an amazing State surrounded by incredible areas. So I still say pizz on some morons at work who don't like me.

Advise for OP - listen to the feedback, decide if you are willing and able to change. If yes, do it. If not, them maybe it is time to move on. JMHO
other forums I like: rugerforum.net canadiangunnutz.com
XD9 service and XDs45, a few other brands around here someplace (wink)
CdnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 20418
Several of my coworkers don't really care for me, I know, hard to believe, huh..

The deal is, I go to work, do my run (drive a semi), and go home.
I don't get caught up in the drama of everyone's business and yard gossip like many of them do.
To them, that makes me anti-social.
To me, it means minding my own business, and I'd like for them to so the same.
I really don't care how they feel about me, I get paid either way..
As far as supervisors, they pretty much leave me alone....

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 44460
My new mgt. team is trying to starve me out. I only worked 10 hours last weeek, and averaged about 20 hours all last summer, during one of the hottest summers on record in SC.
That's pretty messed up for a guy who works in the HVAC industry

I know what there upto, but I won't quit until I have something significant lined up. I also want to take some training seminars, and I don't want to do that on my dime.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
coworker don't like me forums

coworkers don't talk to me

egotistc coworkes

my coworker is too sensitive

my coworkers don't like me

over sensitive coworker

sensitive coworkers

what to do when coworkers don't like you

what to do when your coworkers don't like you

why don't my co workers like me

why dont coworkers like me

why dont my co workers like me
Click on a term to search for related topics.