• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Does this change your mind about the NRA?

This is a discussion on Does this change your mind about the NRA? within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Come on guys, who needs a fully automatic rifle? None of my friends have one nor need full automatics. What this guy said is fully ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Does this change your mind about the NRA?

Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 27854
Come on guys, who needs a fully automatic rifle? None of my friends have one nor need full automatics. What this guy said is fully within the NRA guidelines. Nobody in their right mind would go hunting with a full automatic, or use one for self defense. And as for even owning one, what the hell would you do with it, nothing leagally except shoot it once a year out in your back yard shooting over $100 in ammo. If you want to own one then jump through the hoops and prove you have need for one if you can. If you can't hunt with a bolt action or a semi automatic then you are not a hunter. I thought when the NRA backed owning AK's and AR's they were going over the top. Now some of you want fully automatics? What are you planning to do, start a war? Get real, if you need one for self defense then you are running with the wrong crowd.
rayikeo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31851
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayikeo2 View Post
Come on guys, who needs a fully automatic rifle? None of my friends have one nor need full automatics. What this guy said is fully within the NRA guidelines. Nobody in their right mind would go hunting with a full automatic, or use one for self defense. And as for even owning one, what the hell would you do with it, nothing leagally except shoot it once a year out in your back yard shooting over $100 in ammo. If you want to own one then jump through the hoops and prove you have need for one if you can. If you can't hunt with a bolt action or a semi automatic then you are not a hunter. I thought when the NRA backed owning AK's and AR's they were going over the top. Now some of you want fully automatics? What are you planning to do, start a war? Get real, if you need one for self defense then you are running with the wrong crowd.
First off, there is nothing illegal about using a full auto for self defense.

Second, who cares about "why would you need one?" Thats not the point. The point is, the second amendment says I have the RIGHT not the privallege to own and bear arms. Therefore I should decide what I wish to own. Not the government.

Based on this way of thinking, you could say that everyone only "needs" one handgun for SD and one rifle for hunting
dkbikes4life4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 3112
I'll probably never need an NFA weapon, but since I've never bothered anybody else on this planet, with guns at least, I ought to be able to own any kind of gun I can afford.
Bearlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #14
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 8348
Quote:
Are you for real? It's not about automatic wepons or AR or, etc. It's about freedom. It's about the rights of being an American. It's about our god given rights and the rights the rights our forefathers bestowed upon us.

Alert! I knew eventually the anti-gunners would come on forums like these and tout their garbage.
“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” -Thomas Jefferson

"When did America go from Rugged Individualism to Whiny Collectivism?"

"The Truth has no agenda".
Jettubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27615
Quote:
it is not about jumping through hoops man, it is about price. since the price on a pre-ban full auto is not something that a regular person, who is protected by the 2nd amendment, can't afford them then it becomes a privilege. also as stated earlier, when the government fears the people there is liberty. why would they fear a bunch of people with lesser weapons and fewer bullets in the mag. you keep with your line of reasoning then i guess that all sports cars should be outlawed too unless you are rich enough and powerful enough to take the tests and buy one? because who would need a car that can go 180 mph? you obviously are going to run from the cops in commision of a crime right? what a joke. vince
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
xd 45 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #16
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbikes4life4130 View Post
First off, there is nothing illegal about using a full auto for self defense.

Second, who cares about "why would you need one?" Thats not the point. The point is, the second amendment says I have the RIGHT not the privallege to own and bear arms. Therefore I should decide what I wish to own. Not the government.

Based on this way of thinking, you could say that everyone only "needs" one handgun for SD and one rifle for hunting
Dillinger said the same thing.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearlaker View Post
I'll probably never need an NFA weapon, but since I've never bothered anybody else on this planet, with guns at least, I ought to be able to own any kind of gun I can afford.
How about a rocket launcher, do you want one of those in case an airplane attacks you?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 3112
I think a rocket launcher would be kind of cool, yeah.
eta
I'd also love to own a Ford GT.
Bearlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #19
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd 45 shooter View Post
it is not about jumping through hoops man, it is about price. since the price on a pre-ban full auto is not something that a regular person, who is protected by the 2nd amendment, can't afford them then it becomes a privilege. also as stated earlier, when the government fears the people there is liberty. why would they fear a bunch of people with lesser weapons and fewer bullets in the mag. you keep with your line of reasoning then i guess that all sports cars should be outlawed too unless you are rich enough and powerful enough to take the tests and buy one? because who would need a car that can go 180 mph? you obviously are going to run from the cops in commision of a crime right? what a joke. vince
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
Is there a government overthrow group in here that I don't know about?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #20
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 22703
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettubby View Post
Are you for real? It's not about automatic wepons or AR or, etc. It's about freedom. It's about the rights of being an American. It's about our god given rights and the rights the rights our forefathers bestowed upon us.

Alert! I knew eventually the anti-gunners would come on forums like these and tout their garbage.
Quote:
Dillinger said the same thing.
I'd like to suggest that we stop feeding the Troll at this point. As the Troll is fully aware, this is a board fully dedicated to firearms freedoms and 2A. Knowing this, why let him both start and fan the fire? Trolls get hungry and leave when they are not fed and cared for properly.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
XDConvert9mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

joaquin jackson, nra, nra board member

Search tags for this page
3 steps fully m16

daniel carey nra

daniel carey nra ky
how to be removed from nra emai list
maverick 28865

nra class 3

nra class iii

nra ila removal mailing list
nra mailing list
nra on class 3 weapons
nra remove from mailing list
recall jacqoin jackson from nra?
remove from nra mailing list
remove name from nra member list
terri smith nra lobbyest
the nra will not remove me from their mailing lists
Click on a term to search for related topics.