• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone here use Turbo Tax? Need Help

This is a discussion on Anyone here use Turbo Tax? Need Help within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; My dad has used Turbo Tax for several years now and has had great luck. Recently his computer took a crap on him and he ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Anyone here use Turbo Tax? Need Help

Old 01-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25708
Arrow Anyone here use Turbo Tax? Need Help

My dad has used Turbo Tax for several years now and has had great luck. Recently his computer took a crap on him and he had to re-format the HD and I think he even ended up replacing it. Now the IRS is wanting some information from him that is in a TurboTax 2007 format. Him and I have looked all over and we can't seem to find our CD. He says he can't open the files he needs in a newer version and he can't download the 2007 version because he didn't buy it directly from TurboTax, he bought it at WalMart I think.

Does anyone out there have an extra copy or can you make a copy of TurboTax 2007 for me please? We're not looking for pirated software or anything and I believe he has his product key, just need the disc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
"The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest."
-- My wife
Wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38760
Hmmm. I've used TT for years. Let me see if I have a 2007 copy around.

BTW, has he contacted TT (Intuit) about this issue? Certainly he can't be the last person on earth who has had a similar issue.

Try this:

Replace a CD - TurboTax® Support

You might have some luck buying a replacement copy.

I looked through my old disks. I've found 2003, and 2008. I'll keep looking for 2007.
CMfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMfromIL View Post
Hmmm. I've used TT for years. Let me see if I have a 2007 copy around.

BTW, has he contacted TT (Intuit) about this issue? Certainly he can't be the last person on earth who has had a similar issue.

Try this:

Replace a CD - TurboTax® Support

You might have some luck buying a replacement copy.

I looked through my old disks. I've found 2003, and 2008. I'll keep looking for 2007.
Thanks for looking!

He said he couldn't download a copy because he didn't buy a copy directly from Intuit, but I don't know if he knows about the Replacement CD option. I'll let him know about this as well. Thanks again.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom... The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else... You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
-- My wife
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25243
I might, let me look at home.

Can you pop open TurboTax 2009 (or 200 and save in a previous format?
Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." [Gen. 4:6-7]
Carnivorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivorous View Post
I might, let me look at home.

Can you pop open TurboTax 2009 (or 200 and save in a previous format?
He says he can't use a newer version to open the file. He backed up his files and such so he has the document, just not the program to read it and I guess newer versions don't work. Thanks for looking too.
--Dr. Adrian Rogers
-- My wife
Old 01-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38760
No according to TT, you MUST use the same year's version to open that tax return. IE 2007, to open 2007.

And Wired, I DO have 2007. But now I'm thinking back to all those nasty comments you've jabbed me with.

PM me if he can't get a replacement CD. It's the only one I have as well. But if he can't get one, maybe I could mail it to you, and you mail it back when done.

Just PM me.
CMfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 9308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
He says he can't use a newer version to open the file. He backed up his files and such so he has the document, just not the program to read it and I guess newer versions don't work. Thanks for looking too.
I bet he starts saving it as a pdf from now on, huh?
Sirius1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40230
You can get it for free from TT, just have to give them a call. As soon as you file your return, it's registered with them.

They will set you up with a download link and he can download the copy he needs..

Been there, done that..
dsolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15474
I've used TT since 1998. Also print out a hard copy of your return for your records. I got 28 hits for turbotax available for download from the torrents. (ISOHunt) If no one has it readily available I'll download and host it for you somewhere.
-Cal
Calvyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39343
Ill check with my wife and see if she has it.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
csutke is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
can i pirate turbotax
can you do turbo tax with pirated version
can you pirate turbotax
is it safe to use a turbotax torrent

is it safe to use pirated turbotax

is it safe to use turbo tax pirated
pirated turbo tax

pirated turbotax

pirated turbotax safe

pirating turbotax

turbotax 1998 download

turbotax pirated

turbotax pirating
turbotax torrent safe

using pirated turbotax

Click on a term to search for related topics.