• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Home Theater pics n gear

This is a discussion on Home Theater pics n gear within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by cadconversions DLP's are still the best in my opinion. Not as "cool" since they aren't flat but they are still the best ...

Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #21
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32302
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadconversions View Post
DLP's are still the best in my opinion. Not as "cool" since they aren't flat but they are still the best pictures on the market for my money.
I agree, those and the Sony SXRDs they quit making. Everyone wants flat.

Funny thing. I gave my old Mits 46 inch rptv to my sister and brother n law the Christmas before last. I modified it a bit and it has an isf calibration. I still can't get over how good a picture that thing has. We were watching football on it yesterday.
Dal1as is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40556
A friend has a 73" Hd-ILA tv. As I understand it, the thing uses tons of little mirrors. lol
Ocadmirer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #23

Member #: 14723
I was surprised to see that most of those flat screens generate a significant amount of heat from the display is that common on all flat screens or only certain types?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
[SIZE=1]<<<- Stop by and check it out.
TacoMalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #24
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 21449
some of the older flat screens were really power hogs...the newer ones (especially LCD's) don't generate as much now.
cadconversions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #25
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 23189
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMalo View Post
I was surprised to see that most of those flat screens generate a significant amount of heat from the display is that common on all flat screens or only certain types?
Plasma TV's are big energy hogs. As above mentioned the newer LCD's are better and the LED TV's are amazing, in all aspects.

DLP is great for the money, but with the price of LCD's going down so much lately, it's a marginal difference.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

BTW, check out AVS Forum for some great (and opinionated) information.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #27
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16410
Hey cadconversions, I'm looking at getting either a 50 or 52" LCD 120hz TV. Mostly I've looked at Sony and Samsung. Do you have a preference in either of these?

What do you think of internet (ethernet or wireless) for a TV? A couple things I've read from Wired and PC Mag says that 'net connectivy will explode next year.

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #28
XDTalk 500 Member

Between samsung and sony there isn't much of a difference to me but I do prefer Samsung just from a personal preference. While google will provide valid arguments for both I would go to a store (preferrably one where you can play with them) and see which one looks the best to you and go with the that one.

I'm a country boy so internet is still to slow around here for TV to work for us so I'm not up on it. Great idea but I don't know how the execution will be. However, anything with the internet is the future for now. Couldn't imagine it going any different but that's why the future isn't written yet!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 32302
Before you get ethernet connectivity for your tv think about what provider you'll be using. Most likely that connectivity will be through a cable or satellite box in the futre. Similar to the delimna many faced when HDMI and DVI both came out. I'd just wait and get a nice "monitor" and keep it simple.

From what I've seen the mid priced Samsungs are the best bang for your buck. I wouldn't spend the money for the higher end Sony but they are nice.

If it was me I'd still get the bigger screen dlp rptv though. Bigger screen, better picture, and half the price of the bigger flat screens.
Dal1as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16410
I've used DTV since 2003, will continue to do so for a long time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

audio, home theater

Search tags for this page

n home theater

theater tickets view post
Click on a term to search for related topics.