• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

The worst CCW class instructor.

This is a discussion on The worst CCW class instructor. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Before you spend another minute keeping us entertained, please report this clown to whoever issues the credentials for CCW Instructors in your state. This guy ...

Old 08-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 10667
Before you spend another minute keeping us entertained, please report this clown to whoever issues the credentials for CCW Instructors in your state. This guy has no business being in the classroom and you have a responsibility to your fellow citizens to make sure he is taken out of the classroom.
Way too many guns to list....
NC Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38760
This guy's last name wasn't "Norris" by chance was it?
CMfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23238
I would have stood up asked for a refund (which I know, wouldn't happen) and left.He needs to actually be beaten with a tire iron and thrown into the river if hes actually trying to teach people this crap. He's going to get someone killed from false information. Please report him to the locals, state, and hell if that doesn't do anything the federal level. Also report him to the NRA maybe they can get that ******** stripped of his instructors license..you said you had other family there get them all to write statements have them noterized and send them to the NRA and local depts.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. Forbid it O' Mighty God for I know not what course others may take. But as for me, Give me Liberty or give me Death. - Patrick Henry
[/FONT]
RIA 1911 .45ACP
Uberti Millenium .45LC
Rossi 461 .357mag
Heritage SA .22lr/.22mag
Maverick security 88 12ga
Marlin 70 .22lr
Walther P22 .22lr
Savage Mark II .22lr
charlie.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27686
It's almost impossible to believe that this guy wasn't joking. I don't think I could even make that stuff up if I tried. You should start asking smartass questions and see what other awesome advice/stories you can get out of him.

On a serious note it is scary that someone like that is even allowed to carry a firearm while having such a lack of understanding about them.
PGHxd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 10667
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie.45 View Post
I would have stood up asked for a refund (which I know, wouldn't happen) and left.He needs to actually be beaten with a tire iron and thrown into the river if hes actually trying to teach people this crap. He's going to get someone killed from false information. Please report him to the locals, state, and hell if that doesn't do anything the federal level. Also report him to the NRA maybe they can get that ******** stripped of his instructors license..you said you had other family there get them all to write statements have them noterized and send them to the NRA and local depts.
I don't know how it works in your state, but if it is like NC, the NRA has zero to do with certifying Concealed Carry Instructors. That would be barking up the wrong tree.

Here it is a course taught through the Department of Justice and they are the ones who issue your credentials to teach. Find out who in your state this person needs to be reported to. It is a State issue.

The Feds have nothing to do with how CCW permits are issued in a given state. Focus your efforts where they will actually accomplish something.
Way too many guns to list....
NC Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 9775
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsre View Post
Please report him to the local SD or whomever is in charge of issuing your CCW permits.
My wife's parents took the class a few months ago and they said that he has another instructor teaching with him now. We told them all the stories before they went and that they would have to tell us any crazy things he said when they got back. They had nothing to report. I guess this other guy is there to keep him in line. I took the class in December of '06. I guess someone else reported him.

Handguns
XD SC 9MM
RIA 'officers' 1911
Walther P22
Taurus 617
NAA mini 22LR

Fender_bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 37804
Despite the torrent of bad/false/dangerous information he was dishing out, it had to be hilarious! Definitely report that clown.
jkontos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #18
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Dave View Post
I don't know how it works in your state, but if it is like NC, the NRA has zero to do with certifying Concealed Carry Instructors. That would be barking up the wrong tree.

Here it is a course taught through the Department of Justice and they are the ones who issue your credentials to teach. Find out who in your state this person needs to be reported to. It is a State issue.

The Feds have nothing to do with how CCW permits are issued in a given state. Focus your efforts where they will actually accomplish something.

Your right on the feds part, I agree no need to involve them(i was on a rant). In Missouri where I got my ccw, classes were either through a local law enforcement agency or certified NRA instructors.I beleive it to be similar in OH where I was and here In FL as well though not positive . As long as the NRA certified instructor was registered in the county you were taking the class at or lived in, they were able to teach the class then you take your paperwork to the courthouse,thumbprints yada yada later permit arrives in mail (depending on what state and where you live). So in my mind being that My ccw instuctor was former law inforcement but strictly a NRA certified insructor at that point it is plausable to report them to the NRA if they were not LEO's teaching the class.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. Forbid it O' Mighty God for I know not what course others may take. But as for me, Give me Liberty or give me Death. - Patrick Henry
[/FONT]
RIA 1911 .45ACP
Uberti Millenium .45LC
Rossi 461 .357mag
Heritage SA .22lr/.22mag
Maverick security 88 12ga
Marlin 70 .22lr
Walther P22 .22lr
Savage Mark II .22lr

Last edited by charlie.45; 08-04-2009 at 07:43 AM.
charlie.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #19
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 9775
The second installment

As I am typing this crap, I almost can't believe it myself. It looks made up but I assure you that it isn't. Lets get to it! The numbers start over today.

1. He was inspecting all the guns in the class and seeing if we new how to operate them and take them apart (one of the things he did right). He came to me and I had a taurus 617. Its a 7 shot 357 mag snub nose for those who don't know. He said "Wow this packs a wallup! I wouldn't carry that with anymore than 3 shells in it. Then he told the whole class this, "Don't carry anymore than 3 or 4 shells in your carry gun. Don't carry a round in the tube. If you carry a revolver then don't carry it with a round in the cylinder in line with the barrel." His reasoning was saftey. Then he told us not to carry extra rounds of ammo or spare magazines. If we went to court after shooting someone in SD they would ask you how many other people you intended on killing that day. The more ammo you have the harder the court would go after you. This coming from a guy who could carry 54 guns at one time.

2. While we had our guns in the class he told us 'not to try anything' because he could draw his gun and shoot us before we could even get a shot off. He was that good because he practises hours a day and shoots a few 1000 rounds a day. He even practises rolling on the ground and shooting (sounds like a bad movie).

3. At the range he actually had some good rules for this class (some of these people have never shot a gun before!). When it's your turn to shoot you face foward and do not turn around. When you need to reload you just put your hand behind your back and your shooting partner will give you a loaded magazine or your rounds for your revolver. If you turn around he would warn you once. If you turn around again you would be thrown out of the class for endangering your class mates. Then he ruined it all by saying, "Don't try anything out here. And don't turn around when I'm not looking. I have hidden cameras on these mountains, on those trees and on this barn behind you." There wasn't any power out there. Everyone started looking at the barn trying to find this camera. We couldn't find it. I personally don't think there even was a camera there.

This is all I have time for right now. I will be working late tonight, but will try to post the rest when I get home. I'm not making this crap up. I don't think I could. The one poster may have been right about this being Gecko45! My next post will include a very heroic story about how he saved his wife and probably countless others by using his gun (I thought he wouldn't draw his gun to save anyone!). This story didn't come from my class, but my friends class. You'll want to hear this one. It sounds so mall ninja. If he would have told it in my class I would have busted out laughing!

Handguns
XD SC 9MM
RIA 'officers' 1911
Walther P22
Taurus 617
NAA mini 22LR

Fender_bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35359
You need to record this guy, either audio or a hidden camera
khamill2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

ccw, class, crazy, instructor, rlr

Search tags for this page
alaska concealed carry class
best worst gun instructors
ccw class anchorage alaska
ccw classes southwest michigan

ccw instructor

ccw instructor forum

ccw permit reno nv

concealed carry classes in parkersburg wv

concealed carry louisiana classes shreveport
cpl class gaylord mi
cpl classes gaylord mich
cpl classes southwest mi

instructor concealed permit parkersburg w.v.

list of concealed carry classes nc
self defense classes parkersburg wv
worst pistol instructors
Click on a term to search for related topics.