• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

The worst CCW class instructor.

This is a discussion on The worst CCW class instructor. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Scottosan My instructor insisted that unloaded guns kill more people than loaded guns. I'm sure he meant the classic "it's not loaded" ...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #121
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottosan View Post
My instructor insisted that unloaded guns kill more people than loaded guns.
I'm sure he meant the classic "it's not loaded" and boom situation.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #122
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80198
I have to know, did this guy ever mention that he was a college teacher?
hevnsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #123
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80198
This has been bugging me since I first read this thread. In-between highschool and college (a bit over 15 years ago) I took a few classes at the local joco in Kansas. One was a Criminal Justice class.

Granted, this was a LONG time ago, but I recall the teacher was a large man who was a former LEO. This guy liked to talk. I recall that 90% of class was him telling amazing stories about his almost super hero like skills, and the rest was the class material.

After reading these stories I am CONVINCED this is the same guy. It has been a few years so I dont remember all the details, but I still recall the point of two stories that he shared with us.

Story1:
He had arrested a "very large" and disgusting female for something or another. There were not any female officers in the area to do the pat down, but the lady said she didn't care and out of all the guy officers around picked him to do it. After a pat down that didn't turn up anything, he made her take off her panties (under her dress or something) and squat. Not one, not two, but THREE small semi-auto pistols fell out of her vagina. (he made sure to teach us why squatting clears that cavity)

Story2:
He and his partner pulled over a carload of gang bangers. I dont remember the middle part, but the earlier story about fighting around the car sounds very familiar but it was his partner that was getting beat up. The part that I do remember is that while he (the teacher) was fighting a handful of gang-members one of them got on top of his partner, and took his partner's service weapon and pointed it inches from his head. Luckily he (teacher) was fast enough to ram his thumb behind the trigger RIGHT before the 'banger pulled the trigger. The guy pulled the trigger so hard that it crushed his thumb but he kept it in there so the BG couldn't kill his partner. I dont remember how it ended, but eventually they arrested all the BGs, and every year his partner still thanks him for saving his life on that day.

I remember thinking back then that I should be recording these stories, and often thought about calling BS on everything, but then remembered that I didn't really care and just wanted the credit hours for being there.
hevnsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #124
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42478
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevnsnt View Post
but then remembered that I didn't really care and just wanted the credit hours for being there.
Hahahahaha awesome

**Posted from my Moto Charm using Tapatalk**
Backup Carry Weapon: Taurus Tracker 44Mag Snubnose
Non Lethal Carry: Sabre Red Crossfire 1.3%
Flashlight Carry: Streamlight Strion 74301
Carry Knife: Buck PakLite Skinner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

divxrippimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #125
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85055
I can also vouch for the validity of these stories regarding the Parkersburg CCW instructor! I took the class recently and many of the same stories were told. So many inconsistencies in his stories though. In finding other online posts on this guy his background seems to change with the wind...16 years in law enforcement, 26 years law enforcement, sheriff, state patrol, federal employee, federal judge...he's all over the place. One thing that I noticed in the class he gave out only three printed documents, a sales pitch for Legal Shield insurance, a diagram of lands and bores in a gun barrel and a poor copy of state reciprocal agreements. Nothing was in print that could provide consistency in either his actual ccw instruction from class to class, or consistency in his personal background that seems to change from class to class. I watched as some of the folks in my class ate up everything this guy had to say regarding his background, I thought to myself "I'm just going to sit here, listen, participate as appropriate, and in four hours this will be over and I'll never have to see him again and I'll have my certificate." He said he's taught his class to "...a million people. 7000 of my students have been involved in shootings. 22 former students are in jail or prison because they didn't listen to me!" How crazy is that??!? 7000 students in shootings is a pretty sad and reckless statistic to share if it's at all true....and if it were, wouldn't "HE" be ranked as the "WORST" instructor due the the recklessness of his students?? Just about every 15 minutes we had the commercial pitch to buy one of the items on the wall. "Folks, I'm not making a penny off any of this. I'm required by law to have this all available to you. Anything paid above my cost goes to support my kids firearms training." He had cleaning kits, pepper spray that "Folks, you can't buy this anywhere else, it's only available to law enforcement. But I have it here today for you." Hmmm, I happened to find the exact same stuff online, and cheaper! He had kubotans that were "special," they were oil filled and had a special ball inside that concentrated and amplified the energy used when thrust into someone. He said the amplification was something like either 10 or 100 times...it was a crazy number. He didn't tell the table breaking story, guess we missed out. He had concealed carry bags and purses. The bags were $35 and purses $50. He said that if a legally carrying CCW holder was ever stopped by law enforcement in their vehicle and their gun was not in either of his special bags, the law enforcement officer would take the gun and you'd have to retrieve it from the police station...if you could get it back!! He said you'd probably have to get a lawyer which would cost you hundreds of dollars. He also sold cans of gun cleaning break spray...once again cheaper to buy elsewhere. One student in the class purchased at least one of everything the guy had to sell. I saw him with a cleaning kit, kubotans, two cans of pepper spray, a concealed carry bag and four cans of the break spray, and he could have had more too. Once we finally made it to the gun range the first thing he wanted to share with us was to picture 3,000 kids out there being taught to never take guns to school...gun safety and being in the great outdoors. Interesting though that I have NEVER heard of any of this charitable service to kids before...and I gotta say I really don't think he actually does it...too much BS to be believed. While we were doing our shooting he talked about how pictures were being taken of us as we shot our guns. In looking around there wasn't a camera to be seen! None inside the shelter, none outside looking in...if there actually was one on a large building behind and way above us the angle would be so steep that nothing of the shooters would be seen. Another load of crap story fed to us!! I really think this guy should lose any privileges to teach a CCW class...or even gun safety for that matter. A week after I took it I gave my certificate of completion back and got my money back. It pissed him off but I wasn't going to back off until he gave my money back. He said I was the first person in 26 years to ever complain about anything with his class...HA, like I'm going to believe this any more than any of the other crap he said. I'm going to do another class with someone credible, and believe me I'll have some questions I want answered before I sign up next time too!
Sewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #126
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 50276
You can't make that stuff up.

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Jimmycrackcorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #127
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 83597
Wow
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #128
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85055
Oh...I almost forgot one of the best stories this guy told... He said he was going to update his Forensics degree because technology has come so far. He asked the class if we realized that forensic scientists now had the ability to stick wires into the back of a pilots head after an air crash and actually see what was going through his mind the last few moments of his life. Talk about crazy!!! Let's just think of the implications on this...anyone that dies, whether natural, car crash, murder, whatever, you can read the last few moments of their life. Hmmmm...you'd think this guy's out of Ripley's Believe It Or Not!! I think I'll believe....NOT!!!
Sewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #129
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 84023
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsre View Post
Please report him to the local SD or whomever is in charge of issuing your CCW permits.

He is providing false information pertaining to ballistics and the law.

It may put someone in danger, and it may result in someone being killed.

Teaching people to defend themselves well is an instructor's solemn duty. It should not be taken lightly and certainly shouldn't be subject to endless amounts of hyperbole and idiocy.

As an NRA certified firearms instructor I make it a point to never exaggerate my life, or the law to my students. I am proud of the fact that I have NEVER had to draw my firearm in self defense and am sure to impart this to my students as well.
I know this is an old topic but good Lord! I agree with the statement(s) above. Hopefully these guys are gone, and in case they aren't, someone should make surethey are at least reported. What a pile...

An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a King can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IDPA: A57349
Partinrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #130
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 84023
I LOVED my ccw class. It was WoodHill in Ohio, the guy was honest, funny, but most important very serious when it came to teaching us how to handle the weapon, situations, etc. I couldn't imagine taking a class with "instructors" like these. I'd demand my money back and leave.

An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a King can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IDPA: A57349
Partinrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

ccw, class, crazy, instructor, rlr

Search tags for this page
alaska concealed carry class
ccw class anchorage alaska
ccw classes southwest michigan

ccw instructor

ccw instructor forum

ccw permit reno nv

ccw sarasota

concealed carry classes in parkersburg wv

concealed carry instructor forum
concealed carry parkersburg wv
cpl classes gaylord mich
cpl classes southwest mi

instructor concealed permit parkersburg w.v.

list of concealed carry classes nc
long is the ccw class wv
west virginia concealed carry instructors
Click on a term to search for related topics.