• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Suicide at Shooting Range

This is a discussion on Suicide at Shooting Range within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; This one is really close to home. Ohio woman shoots self at gun range, dies - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com I was at Target World ...

Old 07-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34727
Suicide at Shooting Range

This one is really close to home.

Ohio woman shoots self at gun range, dies - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

I was at Target World last Wednesday. Some of the finest staff on the planet work there. Wonderfully helpful people. I can't speak highly enough of them. I shoot there regularly during the winter months. I really wish this had not happened to them. I wish it had not happened to anyone, but especially the staff at Target World.
Ruger 22/45
Ruger Mini-14 Target 5.56
M1 Garand 30-06
Mossberg 930 SPX

I will not live in fear, especially of fear mongers!
LiberalGunOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24618
Unfortunately, this is not the first time that something like this has happened and it will probably not be the last.

Civility is the lubricant of society

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
"Laws made by common consent must not be trampled on by individuals." -George Washington
OkieShooterTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
I wish they wouldn't do these stories.

Not much can be done to prevent it, and it gives more people ideas who might not otherwise have them.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38398
Police probably need to create a database that gun ranges can check before renting or even allowing a person to shoot. She had attempted to kill herself before, so if her name was in a "no-no" database of some sort then the range could have been forewarned. Don't know this may be a stupid idea.
rpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 23112
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpowell View Post
Police probably need to create a database that gun ranges can check before renting or even allowing a person to shoot. She had attempted to kill herself before, so if her name was in a "no-no" database of some sort then the range could have been forewarned. Don't know this may be a stupid idea.
No, it's a good idea. Problem is, providing a consistent database that is updated continuously, and then of course there are aliases the 'renter' could use... etc. It would be an expensive proposition for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
GreenBayShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
XDTalk 85K Member

Member #: 14053
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBayShooter View Post
of course there are aliases the 'renter' could use...

Here you have to present a photo ID.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
ADA
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28660
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpowell View Post
I think most people on this forum consider "database" a dirty word.
"The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'" -Ken Konecki
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 26776
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger6 View Post
Here you have to present a photo ID.
Same here, It is required to shoot in general at the range I frequent.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA View Post
I think most people on this forum consider "database" a dirty word.
Yeah I know, but its kinda the same boat as a felon, pedofile, etc. We need some kind check'n'balance to help ensure (as much as possible) others safety from certain types of people. A person with a mental condition (to include attempted suicide) should not be allowed on a range. My point is if we (Gov) would stop spending so much of our tax dollars on anit-gun crap (because it's not the gun it's the person), we would have the $ to create these types of safety measures. Liberals love this kinda stuff, because it feeds the 'guns are bad' fire. Again JMO
rpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
the databases do exist already, they are just not in an easily accessable format.

I don't even think it would that expensive to put all the data in an easily accessable format. sounds like a better use of stimuluss money than lots of the garbage going on.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

range, shooting, suicide

Search tags for this page

ann fukuyama

canton ohio police shooting range
gun range membership canton ohio

ruger 10/22 suicide

shootn ranges in canton

woman shoots self at firing range canton oh

Click on a term to search for related topics.