• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Suicide at Shooting Range

This is a discussion on Suicide at Shooting Range within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; ^ exactly, we need to hold people accountable for what they do, help protect people and quit trying to prove that guns are bad. Guns ...

Old 07-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38398
^ exactly, we need to hold people accountable for what they do, help protect people and quit trying to prove that guns are bad. Guns are tools, if they are misused its the users fault. They (Gov) keep it up and owning a baseball bat, axe, knife, tire knocker (for the truckers), slingshot and everything else that can be labeled "weapon" will be illegal, these are all tools. Next $3000 spare I get, I am buying a .308 rifle, a new 12 gauge, some ammo (& a reloading kit) my wife a cc gun and getting our CHL's before O'******** (I'm kinda sorry for this comment, nah not really) makes it impossible to get.
rpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38433
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpowell View Post
Police probably need to create a database that gun ranges can check before renting or even allowing a person to shoot. She had attempted to kill herself before, so if her name was in a "no-no" database of some sort then the range could have been forewarned. Don't know this may be a stupid idea.
While this is a shame, and I am sorry for the lady, regulation by any government organization borders on a slow degradation of your rights.

Regards
Rick
Boerep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 38398
^ I understand what you are trying to say, but the only "right" that would be hindered here, is the right of a mentally unstable woman to rent a firearm and potentially hurt herself, or worse hurt/kill somebody else. I am saying that if there are known issues such as this, then yes there should be some type of balance in place. I do believe that there needs to be boundaries. Any firearm really needs to be in the hands of a person in their 'right mind'. If a family member gets depressed to the point of attempted suicide the last place I want them going is to the range.
rpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
Target world in cinci has a craphole for a target range. Not only that, they have little to no supervision. Thats fine for a private range where membership is highly regulated but its not good for a range that lets anyone with an ID shoot and rent guns.

Public ranges are fine but should be closely supervised.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
Peace maker..

Member #: 8471
Well I don't mean to be insensitive, but did you guys catch the woman's name?

Ann Fukuyama

I found that strange....
justgotback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 37648
I was at Target World last Wednesday. Some of the finest staff on the planet work there. Wonderfully helpful people.

Except for the guy who usually works the desk for the range. Never seen anyone so unhappy to see customers walk in the door -- on a slow day!
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

range, shooting, suicide

Search tags for this page

ann fukuyama

canton ohio police shooting range
gun range membership canton ohio

ruger 10/22 suicide

shootn ranges in canton

woman shoots self at firing range canton oh

Click on a term to search for related topics.