• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CCW Holders Kill 7 Cops and 44 Others...

This is a discussion on CCW Holders Kill 7 Cops and 44 Others... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Take a look at this: Nashville - Nashville Scene - Pith in the Wind - Gun Permit Holders Have Killed Seven Cops, 44 Others in ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » CCW Holders Kill 7 Cops and 44 Others...

Old 07-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34727
CCW Holders Kill 7 Cops and 44 Others...

Take a look at this:

Nashville - Nashville Scene - Pith in the Wind - Gun Permit Holders Have Killed Seven Cops, 44 Others in Only the Past Two Years

The study comes from this lobbying group: Violence Policy Center

They claim that 7 police officers and 44 citizens have been killed by CCW permit holders in the last 2 years.

Here is a copy of the actual study: http://vpc.org/studies/ccw2009.pdf

Most of you know that I am no fan of the NRA. I am curious as to how they will handle this.

What do you think?
Ruger 22/45
Ruger Mini-14 Target 5.56
M1 Garand 30-06
Mossberg 930 SPX

I will not live in fear, especially of fear mongers!
LiberalGunOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
umm I would think those stories would be all over the news unless the cop needed to be shot. I've never read one. So I'm thinking dirty cops, robbing or raping someone until I see evidence otherwise.

7 cops, and they claim from news articles, I want to read 7 articles. I also want to see said police officers tox results.

This comes from someone that has watched police innapropriately frisk hot girls in traffic stops, take a cash draw out of my place of employment, and "not see" someone being robbed 30 yards from them due to not wanting a physical confrontation taht could cost them their jobs.

And from seeing them repeatedly hit pedestrians on my college campus. Each time going 2 times the speed limit for no reason with no flashers at night.

Last edited by yocan; 07-20-2009 at 05:25 PM.
yocan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 36358
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocan View Post
umm I would think those stories would be all over the news unless the cop needed to be shot. I've never read one. So I'm thinking dirty cops, robbing or raping someone until I see evidence otherwise.

7 cops, and they claim from news articles, I want to read 7 articles. I also want to see said police officers tox results.
Well I can vouch for the one in Idaho. Moscow is my home town I actually heard the gun fire. That rocked our little town and that was national news. My grandparents in S. Illinois heard of it on CNN.

Take my love / Take my land / Take me where I cannot stand / I don't care / I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
ID_ford_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Do you think the NRA will handle the issue in a similar way?

Quote:

This comes from someone that has watched police innapropriately frisk hot girls in traffic stops, take a cash draw out of my place of employment, and "not see" someone being robbed 30 yards from them due to not wanting a physical confrontation taht could cost them their jobs.

And from seeing them repeatedly hit pedestrians on my college campus. Each time going 2 times the speed limit for no reason with no flashers at night.
Ruger 22/45
M1 Garand 30-06
Mossberg 930 SPX

Old 07-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
now do I think a DUI should be a disqualifier? OH yes, if you can't be trusted to drive sober why should we trust you to c[ar[ry sober only article that came up Driver facing long list of weapons charges after being pulled over for speeding: Seven Hills Police Blotter - Parma Sun Post - Cleveland.com
yocan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
now do I think a DUI should be a disqualifier? OH yes, if you can't be trusted to drive sober why should we trust you to c[ar[ry sober only article that came up Driver facing long list of weapons charges after being pulled over for speeding: Seven Hills Police Blotter - Parma Sun Post - Cleveland.com
The souces for the study are located at the end of each individual they profile.

Look At the end of this one:

Concealed Handgun Permit Holder
: Richard Poplawski

Date
: April 4, 2009

Total Killed
: 3

Total Wounded
: 1

Law Enforcement Officers Killed
: 3

Law Enforcement Officers Wounded
: 1

Circumstances
: On April 4, 2009, white supremacist Richard Poplawski allegedly shot and
killed police officers Stephen Mayhle, Paul Sciullo, and Eric Kelly while injuring another.
Poplawski used an AK-47 assault rifle and a pistol in the attack. He had a concealed
handgun permit despite a former girlfriend having obtained a protection-from-abuse order
against him. Poplawski’s mother told police that he had been “stockpiling guns and
ammunition…because he believed that as a result of the economic collapse, the police were
no longer able to protect society.” She additionally stated that “her son ‘only liked police
when they were not curtailing his constitutional rights, which he was determined to
protect.’”
Poplawski was charged with three counts of criminal homicide and one count of aggravated
assault. He has pled not guilty. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Source: “Poplawski bought guns through shop in Wilkinsburg,”
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, April 7, 2009; Who
is Richard Poplawski? Friends, Family Talk About Pittsburgh Suspect in Police Officers’ Triple-Killing,”

ThePittsburghChannel.com, April 6, 2009; “Pittsburgh police shooting arraigned by computer,” Associated
Ruger 22/45
M1 Garand 30-06
Mossberg 930 SPX

Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35806
My question is so what? There are teachers that molest children. Should we ban anyone from being a teacher?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pips View Post
My question is so what? There are teachers that molest children. Should we ban anyone from being a teacher?
agreed.. and percentage wise this has got to be a small sect...

Just a anti's scare tactic to frighten the

Take my love / Take my land / Take me where I cannot stand / I don't care / I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 23438
so how many people were shot by non CHL over the same 2 years. Then we can get non CHL population and CHL population, guess who is still far more law abiding

Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 07-20-2009 at 06:05 PM.
ForTehNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
so how many people were shot by non CHL over the same 2 years. Then we can get non CHL population and CHL population, guess who is still far more law abiding
I'll take the CHL population for $1000, Alex

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

ccw, nra, politics

Search tags for this page
do not feed

do not feed the troll

do not feed the troll gif

do not feed the trolls

do not feed troll
do not feed trolls

dont feed the troll

dont feed the trolls

dont feed troll
dont feed trolls
feed troll
no trolls
ohio concealed carry cop shooting
troll
troll killer
Click on a term to search for related topics.