• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Man commits suicide at gun range.

This is a discussion on Man commits suicide at gun range. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I think that when you go to the range you should have to be with someone else. Most if not all the people who do ...

Old 07-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 16257
I think that when you go to the range you should have to be with someone else. Most if not all the people who do this show up at the range alone. I know it may cause some inconvience for some of us who go alone if nobody wants to go simply because we love to shoot. I believe if the people at the range know you they should allow you to shoot alone, but no first time at the range singles they must have a shooting buddy.
Springfield 1911 Model PX9152LP Black Stainless Target,
Springfield XDs .45 ACP
Johnnybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 28226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybgood View Post
I think that when you go to the range you should have to be with someone else. Most if not all the people who do this show up at the range alone. I know it may cause some inconvience for some of us who go alone if nobody wants to go simply because we love to shoot. I believe if the people at the range know you they should allow you to shoot alone, but no first time at the range singles they must have a shooting buddy.
Yup, this is the rule at my local range. Unless you can show them that you own a handgun, they won't rent to you unless you are with someone.

I guess the philosophy is that you are less likely to kill yourself if you're with a friend. That's probably a good assumption.
Mad Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybgood View Post
I believe if the people at the range know you they should allow you to shoot alone, but no first time at the range singles they must have a shooting buddy.
I don't think having a shooting buddy would make any difference to those commited in killing themselves.
As for the rentals, over here in HSLand of Croatia, you can't rent or shoot a gun unless you provide a gun permit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34727
Great suggestion, much better than requiring a second person come with you which is what one of the ranges mentioned in the article is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMYSIGP225 View Post
Real simple solution. You must bring a functioning firearm in, in order to rent a gun. If you already possess a gun, there is no need to go to a range to kill yourself.

If I have a car in the garage, I have no need to go to Hertz and rent a car to suck on the exhaust pipe.

People say that it defeats the purpose of a rental gun. Working part time at a gun store and indoor range, I would say that 90% of gun rentals are people that already have a gun, and want to rent something else to try it out before buying it, or just shoot something different.

We have a lot of suicides around here, right now, and they are all using the local 200 ft bridge span.
Ruger 22/45
Ruger Mini-14 Target 5.56
M1 Garand 30-06
Mossberg 930 SPX

I will not live in fear, especially of fear mongers!
LiberalGunOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberalGunOwner View Post
Great suggestion, much better than requiring a second person come with you which is what one of the ranges mentioned in the article is doing.
I think either or should be sufficient. And if you bring in a rifle or shotgun, that would work as well.
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 9181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RangerXLT View Post
Yeah, except I have seen people rent guns at a local range because they are new to firearms and larning and trying to decide what gun they want to purchase.
I agree, Ranger. HOWEVER, some of the other measures that these ranges are going to, is absurd. A background check? What the frick good is a background check going to do, with a mentally disturbed or suicidal person with no priors? Background check did a whole lot of good at Virginia Tech.

Any person that is new to firearms, and is renting to try them out, should have an instructor right there, anyway. So, that could be an exemption to the rule. Nothing will ever be 100%.

You are right about selfishness, though!!

LUVMYSIGP225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

florida

Search tags for this page
.38 special suicide
38 special and suicide

38 special suicide

atlanta shooting range suicide
gun range suicide
shooting range suicides

smith and wesson range suicide

smith and wesson shooting range suicide ma

smith and wesson suicide

suicide 38 special

suicide at atlanta gun range
suicide at gun range

suicide at smith and wesson

suicide by 38 special
suicide with smith and wesson
Click on a term to search for related topics.