• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

need CB help

This is a discussion on need CB help within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; All this talk really makes me want to get back into it again. I also really want to get my Ham license too. SHTF, not ...

Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 18090
All this talk really makes me want to get back into it again. I also really want to get my Ham license too. SHTF, not much else is going to be around for communications.

We must all fear evil men; But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Gravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
I live in the hills and my trucks all have peaked units. We can talk over and be heard long distances without going to linears.....which would put us way over 2-300 watts. Legal? Dunno...I just know they can't be sold that way, but can be modified at will after sales. These radios are novelties to most, but to us, they are a vital work tool and we take them pretty seriously when it comes to power and communication ability.
Anything over 4 watts is illegal (12 watts PEP for SSB), regardless as to who does the modification.
I'm glad CB is still finding a real use in providing a vital tool for your work. I pulled the rig from my pickup after being tired of morons with bucket mouths seeming to be the rule rather than the exception.
Some users have modified their rigs to get more than 40 channels by adding channels both below and above the authorized frequencies ('freebanding' again illegal), but the morons just follow.

The FCC doesn't appear to police the airwaves. Last time I used my rig it seemed everyone was running a modified radio.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 30019
Arrow No CB radio is going to do over 50w.

Quote:
I live in the hills and my trucks all have peaked units. We can talk over and be heard long distances without going to linears.....which would put us way over 2-300 watts. Legal? Dunno...I just know they can't be sold that way, but can be modified at will after sales. These radios are novelties to most, but to us, they are a vital work tool and we take them pretty seriously when it comes to power and communication ability.
Unless you're running a modded ham rig that I've never heard of, you're not going to get any 2-300w out of the radio itself. Even then, the most powerful mobile radio I've ever seen is an RCI 2970, basically a 2950 with a built in linear. Galaxy used to sell the same radios re-badged with a different model number. They can be tuned up to do over 100w, but not 200, or 300. Those radios had a BIG heatsink hanging off the bottom, and drew over 10 amps @ 12v. Unless you're radio looks like it has a linear stuffed inside of it, there's no way it does anything more than 50w, and probably more like 25. In fact, I've NEVER been able to tune a CB radio to do over 30w without putting in a hot final amp transistor. Most max out with just over 20w. Heck, even my emperor has a big heatsink on the back, and it only can do 50w. That's not to say that a tuned up CB and good antenna doesn't get out there, but it's not cranking out any tripple digit power.

I don't think anybody here cares anything about the legal power output. I've only heard of one person ever getting busted, and they were running a 600w linear in their house that was cranking out an extremely dirty signal, and interfering with local emergency communication. So, I don't think the FCC cares a whole lot about it either.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." Adolph Hitler
I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Deer Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #24
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3599
Quote:

Same here, we rely on them for communication.
It never seems to fail that some douche bag has to sound like some wannabe smokey and the bandit reject and talk skip across all 50 states.
A few of us localy persuaded one of these morons to not have a cb any more.
Super Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29900
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_pony View Post
If you are looking for more than just a clean cat and want a truly souped up rig, one that is wall-to-wall and treetop tall then check out Sparky's.
http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/sparkyscustoms.html
"Whatever you desire...whatever the other 'Techs' are afraid of doing..we can do!!"
I once had a 'stealth' Cobra 29 LTD, and that dimmer switch didn't change the display brightness, I wasn't pushin a gallon, but rigs for miles around where pinning the needle

is that enough CB slang included in the response LMAO
thank everyone, and thanks uk pony that site was a lot of help. im waiting on a response on my email. i think they look like a good business
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms." -- Constitutional scholar Joseph Story, 1840

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ
Stoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoller View Post
thank everyone, and thanks uk pony that site was a lot of help. im waiting on a response on my email. i think they look like a good business
I seem to remember they use AOL, and emails sometimes disappeared.
I'd give them a call (toll free) 1-877-455-7254, the guy was really cool and helpful when I called them.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #27
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
Same here, we rely on them for communication.
It never seems to fail that some douche bag has to sound like some wannabe smokey and the bandit reject and talk skip across all 50 states.
A few of us localy persuaded one of these morons to not have a cb any more.
Ya, I'm a Trucker now, and have given up on CBs. Too much **** crap for my tastes.

I remember one of that last time I was using one tryinbg to keep interested in conversations to stay awake, and some guy kept on asking "anybody wanna butt**ck?" the guy was in my convoy someware, and he kept on repeating it over and over and just ignored everyone telling him to shutup. Finally (15 to 30 inutes later)I said "anybody wanna do some gay bashing?" I hated to pull that one out (a couple of other guys in the convoy thought it was a great idea), but it did the job.

Then there seams to be a couple of guys who like to wisper into the mike constantly "I'm not wearing any panties".

I now just use cell phones and lights for comunication and audio books to keep me awake. I don't even own a CB anymore.

If I get into off-roading again, I'll get another CB.
Groo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #28
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
Ya, I'm a Trucker now, and have given up on CBs. Too much **** crap for my tastes.

I remember one of that last time I was using one tryinbg to keep interested in conversations to stay awake, and some guy kept on asking "anybody wanna butt**ck?" the guy was in my convoy someware, and he kept on repeating it over and over and just ignored everyone telling him to shutup. Finally (15 to 30 inutes later)I said "anybody wanna do some gay bashing?" I hated to pull that one out (a couple of other guys in the convoy thought it was a great idea), but it did the job.

Then there seams to be a couple of guys who like to wisper into the mike constantly "I'm not wearing any panties".

I now just use cell phones and lights for comunication and audio books to keep me awake. I don't even own a CB anymore.

If I get into off-roading again, I'll get another CB.
I stay away from the disney channel (19), we run a high channel and you get the knuckle heads that start their annoying session with aaauuuuuuddiooooooooooo (for 10 minutes). I would like to find each and every one and kick them in the nuts.
I drive a gravel train here in MI and rely on the CB to know where to deliver the material I am hauling.
Nothing makes the public happier than a 11 axle truck blocking an entire road waiting for directions because you can not talk over the base station morons talking skip across all 50 states.
Super Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
cb radio i'm not wearing panties

cb slang not wearing any panties

gay cb chatter
im not wearing any panties on cb radio
pace 1000b base
pace 1000b box picture

pace 1000b cb radio

pace 1000b sidetalk
pace 100b sidetalk
pace d104

pace sidetalk 1000b

pace sidetalk 1000b cb radio base station

pace sidetalk 1000b radio

pace sidetalk 1000b wiring
ts-5010 for parts
wire a 4 wire d104 to a pace sidetalk 1000b
Click on a term to search for related topics.