• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

PayPal suspended me for selling ammo on gunbroker.

This is a discussion on PayPal suspended me for selling ammo on gunbroker. within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I recently sold 1,000 rounds of CCI on gunbroker and the buyer chose PayPal as the payment method. The payment went through and everything was ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » PayPal suspended me for selling ammo on gunbroker.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 29549
PayPal suspended me for selling ammo on gunbroker.

I recently sold 1,000 rounds of CCI on gunbroker and the buyer chose PayPal as the payment method. The payment went through and everything was fine until 5 days later when I got an email saying my account was limited until I took the proper steps to restore it, which required signing an agreement to not use PayPal for the transfer of funds relating to firearms, firearms accessories, ammunition, weapons, or knives.

WTF?? I knew about the firearms, but everything else? Absurd. Why would Gunbroker have a payment option of PayPal if you weren't allowed to use it?

-Thomas
Remove Ads
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36240
God this sucks to know, I have paypal in my veins since it is nice to park it in a money market till you need it. What a black day for me
Doughboy Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29978
That sucks.
ParaOrd 7.45
Kahr CW45
Rock River AR-15 A4 16" & 20"
Remington 870 Tactical
Nighthawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 35644
What types of firearms related items does PayPal prohibit?
PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition. PayPal may allow certain U.S. merchants to sell items addressed by this policy if they have been approved by PayPal and can ensure transactions and shipments comply with all applicable laws and regulations.

Firearms – Include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns - For U.S. residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. U.S. sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the U.S. are prohibited.

Other Related Items – PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...rInstance=9003
TX-Kevin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 15845
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasA View Post
I recently sold 1,000 rounds of CCI on gunbroker and the buyer chose PayPal as the payment method. The payment went through and everything was fine until 5 days later when I got an email saying my account was limited until I took the proper steps to restore it, which required signing an agreement to not use PayPal for the transfer of funds relating to firearms, firearms accessories, ammunition, weapons, or knives.

WTF?? I knew about the firearms, but everything else? Absurd. Why would Gunbroker have a payment option of PayPal if you weren't allowed to use it?

-Thomas
I wonder how they found out? (and why they would care!).
I bought an XD9 and a Mossberg Silver Reserve shotgun using PayPal last year, I guess I was 'lucky'.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
XDTalk 2K Member

I'd assume it's to waive them of liability when shipping to a place where out of state ammunition sales are prohibited without going through an FFL but I sold this ammunition to a person in my own state, coincidently.

I've bought many gun "accessories" on eBay in the past, are they going to watch me more closely now? bummer.

-Thomas
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23259
how did they know what it was for? I've bought tons of ammo and gun accesories without putting detailed info about what the money is being sent for.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 20906
exactly "detail info" thats how

thats why people put in there they'll take "discrete paypal"

I have gotten lots of gun related(ammo, rifles, etc) stuff and used paypal, no problems so far.

Just sing the "I wont be a right wing gun nut, bible loving, bitter American" to apace those A--holes and continue doing business, just be discreet.

Good luck

Jose

skipper we are outnumber 10 to 1
recomendations
tactical fall back
WTF is that
running away, only.. .manlier
ROTFL
dincote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Yeah the friggin buyer put "gunbroker item # XXXXXXXXX" in the description. So they not only knew it was from gunbroker, but could view the dang auction.
-Thomas
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 28772
. . . . . but it's for the children!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
|
nalioth is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
22 ammo gunbroker
ammo paypal
ammo paypal accepted
can paypal be used to pay for rifle ammunition
can you sell ammo through paypal
discount ammo paypal
does gunbroker take paypal
paying for ammo with paypal

paypal ammo

paypal ammo sales

paypal ammunition

paypal and ammo
paypal for ammo
selling gun parts through paypal
selling on gunbroker
shipping ammo through pay pal
Click on a term to search for related topics.