• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Assault Weapons Ban squelched by Obama

This is a discussion on Assault Weapons Ban squelched by Obama within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; The Raw Story | As firearms sales surge, Democrats drop assault weapons ban This has been the word among Democratic ranks since last July. At ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Assault Weapons Ban squelched by Obama

Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34727
Assault Weapons Ban squelched by Obama

The Raw Story | As firearms sales surge, Democrats drop assault weapons ban

This has been the word among Democratic ranks since last July. At least the ones I associate with. Democrats are very tired of losing elections over gun rights.

The NRA has won a tremendous victory for 2nd amendment rights. They won a long time ago, but they won't admit it.

The NRA also knew that it was highly unlikely that an assualt weapons ban would be voted into place, but they rightly guessed that a gun buying frenzy would ensue which would be good for manufacturers and suppliers, which in turn means more money for the NRA.

I hope the hysteria wanes a bit so we can get ammo and firearms back down to decent prices.

Besides we have to stop the next menacing red Stalin wanna-be.

With all respect,

LGO
Ruger 22/45
Ruger Mini-14 Target 5.56
M1 Garand 30-06
Mossberg 930 SPX

I will not live in fear, especially of fear mongers!
LiberalGunOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25140
They'll keep testing the waters.

gsx1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
I whole heartedly agree with you. Of course there are always going to be some dems that want to pass gun control laws, but I think the dark days are behind us. We here in Hamilton County(Cincinnati) have elected a man that I believe to be a very common sense congressman. He may be a democrat, but I don't think that he is likely to back anti gun laws. I think the same thing goes for our new Senator and Governor. The Governor was pleased to sign the castle doctrine into law, and seems very pro-CCW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 17246
I'm glad to hear and read this news, I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who thinks the NRA is a somewhat self serving organization. I wonder if those who constantly bash Pres. Obama on here will give him a little credit for this upholding of our rights.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 34135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BukWild View Post
I'm glad to hear and read this news, I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who thinks the NRA is a somewhat self serving organization. I wonder if those who constantly bash Pres. Obama on here will give him a little credit for this upholding of our rights.
100 days ain't up yet. I'm waiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
href="
target="_blank">
wise man changes his mind; a fool, never."
dangrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 22703
Quote:
Originally Posted by BukWild View Post
Why would anyone feel the need to give him special props for NOT trying to take away a right guaranteed in the Constitution? Has the bar now been set that low for him?
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."
XDConvert9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 13287
While this is good news, we must always remain vigilante to the realization that at some point, this legislation will come up.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson

Gun owner's prayer....
"Oh Lord, if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her they cost."

longtalltechsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35154
It's really unfortunate that people get excited when a politician decides not to enact unconstitutional legislation because it'll save votes... instead of becuse it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Our politicians are more worried about doing what will keep them in office instead of doing what is fundamentally right and prescribed by the U.S. Constitution, the most sacred document regarding the governing of our nation
FlyerAce128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32958
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtalltechsan View Post
While this is good news, we must always remain vigilante to the realization that at some point, this legislation will come up.
Yes. Just because it isn't happening now doesn't mean we can't expect it to come up again 1, 2, 3 or more years from now. Just look at this excerpt from the article posted:

Quote:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, whose effort to extend the assault weapons ban failed in the Senate 9-80 in 2004, signaled on 60 Minutes Sunday that she won't currently pursue the ban's renewal. Feinstein authored the original ban, which was in place from 1994 until 2004.

She said she "agrees" that an effort to renew the ban now would pose a distraction to Obama's agenda and spark a culture war.

"So you are going to hold off?" 60 Minutes' Lesley Stahl asked.

"That's correct," Feinstein said. "I'll pick the time and the place, no question about it."
SixtyDashOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
df34adfe34

Member #:
Don't climb off the watchtower yet, folks. How long has he been in office, a few months? The democrats still have at least two years left, and there are also quite a few anti-gun repubs in there too, pretty disturbing to say the least.

All it'll take is a few more whackjobs who just conveniently are everything the anti-gun crowd wants in a mass murderer (suspiciously so), and you'll see the calls go out again, fueled by the MSM who wants to push their agenda of complete disarmament.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

assault weapons ban, bailouts bunk and guns, obama, typical bs

Search tags for this page
mossberg 930 spx assault weapons ban
mossberg 930 spx banned assault weapons

mossberg 930 weapons ban

raising taxes banning assault weapons
txjustin

txjustin bisexual

Click on a term to search for related topics.