• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Got a Walther P22 for a gift, having trouble with assembly

This is a discussion on Got a Walther P22 for a gift, having trouble with assembly within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; Cool looking little 22. Cant wait to shoot it this week. IF anybody has one, I need help putting it back together. I field stripped ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » Got a Walther P22 for a gift, having trouble with assembly

Old 12-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6814
Got a Walther P22 for a gift, having trouble with assembly

Cool looking little 22. Cant wait to shoot it this week. IF anybody has one, I need help putting it back together. I field stripped it. But man that spring and guide rod are a pain in the ass to get back in.

Supposedly the little black rod goes into the spring up against the guide rod. Then you put that little black rod through the hole of the slide. And then as you put on the slide the guide rod seats and pusheds the little plastic black rod through and all is well. BUT>>>> my stupid effin little black rod will not fit through the hole in the slide. WTF??? I almost got it stuck in the slide its so tight. Anybody have any advice or another way to do it? I was thinking of just taking a dremel to the little plastic black rod and sanding some off so it fits through.
S281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-25-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7209
my dad and I had trouble. finally found a drift that fit inside the hole in the front to keep the spring straight till we got the guide rod all together.

they are a pita to reassemble

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
JesterXD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 2661
Yeah, that's a fun one. I didn't keep mine very long, so I don't know if there is an easier way then just trying it till you get the rod to line up or not. It's almost like a balancing act, isn't it?

Regards Sonny
Old 12-25-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2734
Push the guide rod through the front of the slide and grip it with your thumb and index finger. Put the slide back on the gun and pop the guide rod back in place.
bluebomberx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
Old Timer

Member #: 6414
I use the small front end of a wooden chopstick. Works great. However, it is tricky to get that thing back together from time to time. You'll get it though.
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 3132
My friend has one of them things. After taking it apart and putting it back together we decided it wasn't meant to be taken apart. Hell my friend never cleans his guns anyway. Good thing he didn't buy the extra barrel. Still can't believe he paid 400.00 for it. He screwed himself on that gun deal. Of course I'm glad he bought it. It's a good shooter. He let me shoot it and damned if I didn't go out and buy a 9MM a few weeks later.
one-eyed-fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebomberx
Push the guide rod through the front of the slide and grip it with your thumb and index finger. Put the slide back on the gun and pop the guide rod back in place.
+1
I have one of these and this is the best way, maybe the only way, to put it back together.
Check out the Walther P-22 forum too.
It's a decent little gun. Keep the barrel nut wrench with you when you go shooting. It tends to come loose. Although some people have trouble with different type of ammo, mine has been pretty reliable with just about everything I've put in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

TomSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 2747
I also pt the rod and spring in the slide first and hold it from the front of the slide and then put it on the frame. only way IMO
Jeff_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
baa
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6444
I put the rod and sping into the hole under the barrel mount and work the slide on to both the rod and the barrel. Once you get the nack, it's very easy, but it was a complete and utter PITA until I figured it out.

That said, I think I am up to around 800 rounds since the last cleaning. I hate cleaning .22s. I just put a couple drops of gun butter on the back rails and wipe the ramp off. Once I go through another 550 round brick of .22 ammo, I will break down and clean it.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 6814
Thanks guys, that tip works. Its not too bad to just grab the rod through the slide and put it back together. As long as my hands arent greasy, that makes for an annoying experience. I'm sure I will get the hang of it. Man, it really makes me appreciate the ease of take down of my XD 9.
S281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page
assembling walther p22
assembly of walther p22
how do i put the slide back on a walther p22
how to assemble a walther p22
how to assemble walther p22
how to put a p22 back together
how to reassemble a walther p22
p22 assembly
reassemble walther p22

walther p22 assembly

walther p22 assembly instructions
walther p22 breakdown
walther p22 put back together

walther p22 reassembly

walther p22 reassembly spring
walther p22 slide assembly
Click on a term to search for related topics.