• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Guide rod question...

This is a discussion on Guide rod question... within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am looking to make a switch on my xd 45acp with the guide rods and tension springs. What are the differences made between the ...

Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 34304
Guide rod question...

I am looking to make a switch on my xd 45acp with the guide rods and tension springs. What are the differences made between the weight of the guide rods and which weights of the tension springs are best and it is really worth it. or should i spend it on a trigger kit instead. i am looking for more accuracy out of my xd. My groups are about 4"-6" at about 15 yards.
More to come...
.45ACP Arliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
Do you dissaprove of the recoil on your xd? If you think the muzzle points too far up after each shot, and it tweaks your wrist, go heavier. If you feel the muzzle stays low but your getting shoved around go lighter. Trigger do you need/justify a better trigger? Its all in what your using it for.

I'd say go to dons guide rod forum and ask him, he knows everything in life. It all comes down to feel in reality. I've seen a guy with a sigma outshoot guys with kimbers, just because he had better control.
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 28481
I have a XD-45acp tactical and put in a DGR with a 20# spring and think it was well worth the money.
auggiewisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

accuracy, guide rods, questions, tension springs

Search tags for this page

guide rod tension

Click on a term to search for related topics.