• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

$78 per person for Bank of America class action suit. Go get your money folks

This is a discussion on $78 per person for Bank of America class action suit. Go get your money folks within the XDTalk Chatter Box forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have been speculating the banks were doing this since 1999. I knew i was right. Bret and Jemaine should file claim for $78 from ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box » $78 per person for Bank of America class action suit. Go get your money folks

Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
$78 per person for Bank of America class action suit. Go get your money folks

I have been speculating the banks were doing this since 1999.

I knew i was right.

Bret and Jemaine should file claim for $78 from Bank of America - WalletPop Blog

Bret and Jemaine should file claim for $78 from Bank of America

Aaron Crowe
Jan 27th 2009 at 8:00AM
Text SizeAAA
Filed under: Banks, Budgets, Ripoffs and Scams
Anyone who has been dinged by their bank for an overdraft charge, as the two main characters were in the recent "Flight of the Conchords" show on HBO, knows that sinking feeling you get when you see it on your bank statement.

There's now a chance to exact a little revenge by getting up to $78 back from Bank of America as part of a class-action lawsuit recently settled by Bank of America and any of the banks it acquired between 2000 and 2007, according to SmartMoney story.

The lawsuit, settled for $35 million, alleged that the bank failed to warm customers that transactions were triggering fees, and that it changed the posting order of transactions and embarked on other activities in order to increase revenue from non-sufficient funds fees, overdraft fees and similar charges.

Bank of America denies any wrongdoing and is agreeing to pay up to $78 per account holder. The average household pays $368 in overdraft fees each year, according to Brenton Woods, a financial services advisory firm quoted in the SmartMoney story.

WalletPop's Sarah Gilbert wrote about this method of making money at Bank of America in December.Bank of America also owns Fleet Bank, LaSalle Bank and U.S. Trust Co. If you were charged an overdraft fee at Bank of America or one of those banks between 2000 and 2007, you may want to file a claim.

The deadline to file a claim is May 1.

<script type="text/javascript">adsonar_placementId=1420510;adsonar_pi d=992772;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=230;adsonar_zh=260;adsonar_jv='ads.tw .adsonar.com';</script><script language="JavaScript" src="http://js.adsonar.com/js/adsonar.js"></script><form id="qas_frm" name="qas_frm" method="get" action="" target=""><input name="ie52_mac_only" value="" type="hidden"></form><iframe name="adsonar_serve365982" id="adsonar_serve365982" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" src="http://ads.tw.adsonar.com/adserving/getAds.jsp?previousPlacementIds=&placementId=14205 10&pid=992772&ps=-1&zw=230&zh=260&url=http%3A//www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/01/27/bret-and-jemaine-should-file-claim-for-78-from-bank-of-america/&v=5&dct=Bret%20and%20Jemaine%20should%20f-%20America%20-%20WalletPop%20Blog&ref=http%3A//us.mc564.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage%3Ffid%3DInbox%26sort%3Ddate%26order%3D down%26startMid%3D0%26.rand%3D2123552327%26da%3D0% 26midIndex%3D0%26mid%3D1_406349_AFNv%252FNgAAMv5SX %252BGPwNFYlf%252FqY4%26f%3D1%26nextMid%3D1_405149 _AFRv%252FNgAATvJSX91BgntGzX%252BpuI%26m%3D1_40634 9_AFNv%252FNgAAMv5SX%252BGPwNFYlf%252FqY4%2C1_4051 49_AFRv%252FNgAATvJSX91BgntGzX%252BpuI%2C1_405468_ AFBv%252FNgAAEAKSX9uEwa2rUk1cOs%2C1_405766_AFNv%25 2FNgAATbZSX9oAwSZNhjvMJ8%2C1_406067_AFJv%252FNgAAA sJSX9dxgnsknZb4Zs%2C1_403004_AFFv%252FNgAAMg%252BS X9QFw7VRT3mUjM%2C" frameborder="0" height="260" scrolling="no" width="230"></iframe>
Opting out of a bank's overdraft protection wasn't part of the new credit card rules that the Federal Reserve recently passed, although consumer advocates are hopeful the Fed will look into overdraft fees later this year.

A claim form can be filled out online or printed out to mail in. A few details are needed, such as dates you were a customer and the eligible account number. You don't have to give details of specific instances when you were charged a fee. And if you don't want to send your account number, you can specify your home address at the time you believe you were charged a fee.

And for those non "Flight of the Conchords" fans on HBO, the latest episode had Bret's purchase of a $2.79 coffee mug, leaving their checking account $2.79 short, causing a $30 overdraft fee, and thus insufficient funds to pay the electric bill, and another $30 fee for having the check bounce for the electric bill. And Bret and Jemaine had their power turned off. A good lesson to keep enough money in the checking account to avoid fees.

Aaron Crowe is an unemployed journalist in the San Francisco Bay Area. Read about his job search at Aaron Crowe > Tales of an unemployed dad

<object height="295" width="480">

<embed name="s_media_1_0" id="s_media_1_0" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqxnm6t3QMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="295" width="480"></object><!-- /sidebar -->
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 31460
will apply tomorrow. thanks.
community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by community View Post
will apply tomorrow. thanks.
if you click the link to the original link, there is a link in the text you can do it on line.

Closson Settlement
Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 26558
all i have to say is i hope you trust that site. to give them your bank account number, address, phone number and bank you use seems a little fishy online. sorry maybe i am a little paranoid.

I might have guns, i might not. I can't seem to remember.

Rule #1 Cover your ass first!!!!
Rule #2 Make sure you survive the day.

MOΛΩN ΛAB
godseviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
W00T!

Those f***ers took well over $100 from me last year, and I KNOW...I KNOW the a-holes were switching around my posting dates to f** me over. i was screamin' at my phone to the two idiots I talked to (who both had different posting dates they were looking at for my checks, different then what I saw) and they refused to do a god-damn thing.

I'm getting my money. Once my "keep the change" money comes in they owe me I'm cancelling all my accounts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godseviltwin View Post
all i have to say is i hope you trust that site. to give them your bank account number, address, phone number and bank you use seems a little fishy online. sorry maybe i am a little paranoid.
You don't have to give them your account number. You can mail it in as well if you like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
i know longer have an account there i gave up on banks in 2001/2002 all credit unions from here on out.

No one can steal money from an account i havent had in years.

I am safe, but good for active accounts to be weary, if you have an active account i would look into it a wee bit more or go to the local branch in person etc.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

I've seen 4 independent websites list the same URL for the form, so either it's legit or one of the best scams ever to hit the intrawebz. You have until May, so it wouldn't hurt to wait until March or so to see if anyone got burned.

I doubt anyone at BoA even knows about it...and if they do they were probably told to keep quiet. Hell, I've yet to even find a BoA employee who understands how to use their computers

Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 21433
OOH might have to buy myself a 91/30 now

does anyone know if its per person, or per account? Like I've got myself and the missus on the account, can we both apply?

afmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 21433
Quote:
you can use your home address in lieu of your bank account number.

afmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XDTalk Chatter Box

Search tags for this page

boaoverdraftsettlement

bofa overdraft settlement class member
hbo overdraft lawsuit

hbo overdraft settlement

hbooverdraftsettlement
hbooverdraftsettlement.com
how much can i expect from the union bank overdraft class action suit
how much money class members get from tdbank overdraft settlement
how much money does unionbank class members get
how much per person class action citibank
how much will i get from boa suit

www.boaoverdraftsettlement.com

www.hbooverdraftsettlement.com

www.hbooverdraftssettlement.com
www.unionbankoverdraft settlement.com
Click on a term to search for related topics.