• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS with Trijicon HD`s or Truglo TFO`s

This is a discussion on XDS with Trijicon HD`s or Truglo TFO`s within the XDMan.com forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; To buy sights for the XDS: Sights - xd-hs2000 Since the XDS comes from the factory with the same height sights "G" as most all ...

Old 07-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
XDS with Trijicon HD`s or Truglo TFO`s

To buy sights for the XDS: Sights - xd-hs2000

Since the XDS comes from the factory with the same height sights "G" as most all of the other XD & XDm`s there is already aftermarket sights that fit this new pistol. Springfield was wrong and the dovetail was not different on the on the XDS. There are at least a dozen members already using aftermarket sights on their XDS`s with no reported issues.

When using the Trijicon HD`s on the XDS use a combat sight picture. Put the rage front dot in the cut out of the rear.....this will line up all three dots. Put the center of the front dot on what you want to hit. To make a head shot put the front dot covering the nose to hit the nose. You use the truglo TFO`s the same way. Combat sight picture.

The Trijicon HD XD specific version does not look right on the small XDS slide. The rear sight sticks out off the back of the slide and the gap is kind of wide.

But Trijicon HD for the Sig Sauer & XD fits nicely on the slide.

This target represents the XDS being shot with factory sights and Winchester white box 230gr RN.
My pistol shot to the left constantly at 10 ft, this is not an error on the shooters part since the group was always tight, but to the left.
When I moved to 20 ft the groups moved to the right.

All three versions of the XD factory pistol sights from right to left: Classic XD, XDS & XDM.
My copy of the XDS came equipped with the "G" marked rear sight. The "G" marked factory
sights come on almost 99% of all XD series pistols no matter the barrel length or calibre.

The XDS has the same dovetails as all other XD and XDm`s.
The Truglo TFO`s fit the XDS pistols but did require some fitting before installation.

ajamesp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 63924
Nice write up! I was bought the HD XD and was going to install them this week, you just saved me $126
Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 71939
This is why James is the only person I trust to install sights -- period.

I've had James install TFO's on my XDm , and the service call and quality of the install was perfect. The TFO's were perfect , and amazing ...

To be honest it's not even the price/+ free instillation ... here's a personal example ...

I got a Glock 29 and said "I'm going to take the LGS up on a free TFO install -- I mean ... they must know what they're doing , right?"

Went home , turned the lights off -- front sight DEAD. Get back in the car , the smith replaces the front ... I go home , and it's half DEAD.

Now it's clear to me , and should be to anyone who has read James posts and information -- that TFO's are delicate , and need to be installed correctly..

It's obvious my LGS didn't know this -- and I pretty much lost $100 by skipping out on my "gut."

If you want sights done right -- James is the only way to go. Think of it like this -- risk getting a half ass job just so you don't have to wait a few days ? Or have the peace of mind knowing that the best of the best , and expert/fellow xd'er gave you a professional , perfect install.

As soon as Yellow TFO's are avaible on his site -- my XDs slide will be on a vacation for a set , along with a GK finish.

I wouldn't let anyone touch any XD slide besides James. I learned the hard way.
Minkman555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 2943
James,
What night sights will give me the "combat sight" picture on a XDm compact 9?
93 r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Official Site Vendor

The Truglo TFO's
Trijicon HD
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 64839
James currently has my XDm, installing TFO's...............can't wait to get it back and try it out !
Jimbo519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 72513
what do the ameriglos look like on the xds? and also do you have the "old" trijicons? i want the low profile the hds sit too tall
kylejayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Official Site Vendor

I carry the old Trijicons.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 91220
Great information. Thanks.I've been wondering about the TFO sights for my XDs.
Rocky1927 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » XDMan.com

Search tags for this page
night sights for xds
springfield xds truglo tfo
tfo night sights for xds
tfo sights xds
tfo xds night sights
trjicon xd n xds
tru glo to xds
truglo tfo xds 45
truglo xds
will truglo fit on springfield xds
will xd sights fit xds
xds replacement sights
xds sight

xds sights

xds trijicon hd
xds truglo
Click on a term to search for related topics.