• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

NEW" 4" barrel Springfield XDS....

This is a discussion on NEW" 4" barrel Springfield XDS.... within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I didn't see a post here about this, but I also didn't search. 4" XDS coming soon...sorry, that's all I know....

Old 01-10-2014, 05:36 AM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 18957
NEW" 4" barrel Springfield XDS....

I didn't see a post here about this, but I also didn't search. 4" XDS coming soon...sorry, that's all I know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
cYm
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 94624
There's a few guys who beat you to it.
cYm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84408
not real sure why they are doing this, I already have the 4" in a double stack if i wanted to carry a larger gun i would have just carried it and have more rounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Guns? What guns, I don't see no stinkin guns!
FOURDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
I didn't see a post here about this, but I also didn't search. 4" XDS coming soon...sorry, that's all I know.
You didn't look very hard

They're calling it the XDS 4.0
Demianu27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84278
I really don't see the point in it. The benefit of the xds is it's small size
Prine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prine View Post
I really don't see the point in it. The benefit of the xds is it's small size
Actually, I think the XDS 4.0 makes some sense. The 4 inch barrel will provide better ballistics than the current 3.3 inch barrel, and adding a bit of barrel length does not really increase problems in carrying concealed. At the same time, it retains the slim profile (under 1 inch) of the current single stack XDS which does contribute to ease of carry, especially inside the waistband (IWB), in direct contrast to the more awkward double stack XD and XDM compacts (I have both to compare) which are currently the only available 4 inch barrel Springfields. The XDS 4.0 is likely to be a very popular seller in my opinion.
Wisconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 97592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconman View Post
Actually, I think the XDS 4.0 makes some sense. The 4 inch barrel will provide better ballistics than the current 3.3 inch barrel, and adding a bit of barrel length does not really increase problems in carrying concealed. At the same time, it retains the slim profile (under 1 inch) of the current single stack XDS which does contribute to ease of carry, especially inside the waistband (IWB).
I agree, used to carry a double stack and it was nice but thickness and height cause printing more than barrel length imho. Love my 3.3 but I would really want to drop the 4.0 in my holster and pull a shirt down over it before passing judgement on it. I would love the almost 3/4" of extra barrel for accuracy and fps reasons.

Pretty sure, it's going to go on my gotta have list.
Sgood1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 98092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgood1971 View Post
I agree, used to carry a double stack and it was nice but thickness and height cause printing more than barrel length imho. Love my 3.3 but I would really want to drop the 4.0 in my holster and pull a shirt down over it before passing judgement on it. I would love the almost 3/4" of extra barrel for accuracy and fps reasons.

Pretty sure, it's going to go on my gotta have list.
This is true but at the same time...NOT REALLY. .7 inch of barrel will only add 75 FPS at most in speed and hardly noticeable for accuracy. Accuracy comes from the shooter. My buddy has an M&P 45 compact and I have the fullsize 5inch barrel. We tried a few different loads and on average see a 100ish(or less) fps change and that is a FULL 1inch barrel difference. As far as accuracy, yes the farther the rear sites are from the front, the "easier" it is to shoot more accurately BUT .7inches hardly makes a difference. You really notice a difference going from sub compact to FULL size OR even more so going from a snub nose to a 7 inch revolver. I think in this case, the extra .7inches is more negative compared to what is gained. IWB, pocket, and appendix carry will all suffer maybe not greatly but they will (especially when sitting and the weight goes up) BUT velocity and accuracy will hardly improve. These pistols are for ultimate concealment while still packing a punch. Of course this pistol WILL sell and the "pissing" contests will start about how much faster they shoot but in reality it is moot and is hurting why these pistols were designed in the first place, to be very concealable while packing more of a punch than a 380. The bad guy will not know the difference between the 3.3 or 4.0...just like a deer will not know the difference between a .270 or a 3006.
Bigeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 97592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeclipse View Post
This is true but at the same time...NOT REALLY. .7 inch of barrel will only add 75 FPS at most in speed and hardly noticeable for accuracy. Accuracy comes from the shooter. My buddy has an M&P 45 compact and I have the fullsize 5inch barrel. We tried a few different loads and on average see a 100ish(or less) fps change and that is a FULL 1inch barrel difference. As far as accuracy, yes the farther the rear sites are from the front, the "easier" it is to shoot more accurately BUT .7inches hardly makes a difference. You really notice a difference going from sub compact to FULL size OR even more so going from a snub nose to a 7 inch revolver. I think in this case, the extra .7inches is more negative compared to what is gained. IWB, pocket, and appendix carry will all suffer maybe not greatly but they will (especially when sitting and the weight goes up) BUT velocity and accuracy will hardly improve. These pistols are for ultimate concealment while still packing a punch. Of course this pistol WILL sell and the "pissing" contests will start about how much faster they shoot but in reality it is moot and is hurting why these pistols were designed in the first place, to be very concealable while packing more of a punch than a 380. The bad guy will not know the difference between the 3.3 or 4.0...just like a deer will not know the difference between a .270 or a 3006.
I think the .7" will have a noticeable improvement on sight radius. The FPS gains will not be noticed so much, but they will be there. As for concealing, it will still conceal well and for the people who do not think it will fit them, the 3.3 will still be an option.

Different people have different needs and tastes, so more options are never a bad thing and people will have pissing contests about who has the biggest big toe, it's the nature of us.
Sgood1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 21738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post

Didn't look too hard, did ya? That pic looks familiar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashman View Post
LGS got one in

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
buds gun springfield xds 45 3.3 vs 4 inch barrel

springfield xds 3.3 vs 4.0

springfield xds 4.0 45 for sale
springfield xds 45 3.3 vs 4 inch
springfield xds 45 4 inch barrel for sale
xd-s 4.0
xds 3.3 vs 4

xds 3.3 vs 4.0

xds 3.3 vs xds 4
xds 3.3 vs. 4
xds 4 inch barrel

xds 4.0 vs 3.3

xds 45 3.3 vs 4.0

xds 45 4 barrel
xds 45 barrel
xds 9 3 vs 4 inch
Click on a term to search for related topics.