• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Recalled XDs...anyone got their back yet?

This is a discussion on Recalled XDs...anyone got their back yet? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Below is the e-mail I received this morning based on my conversations with the higher ups. Dear XXXXX, Thank you for talking with me - ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Recalled XDs...anyone got their back yet?

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95266
Below is the e-mail I received this morning based on my conversations with the higher ups.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for talking with me - it was I who really benefited from our conversation yesterday. I talked at length with Springfield personnel about the issues you and I discussed, and everyone is committed to better communication from this point forward. You and all loyal Springfield owners deserve that.

You will see that the Springfield website is being updated today with more information. I wish we could be more specific as to timing, but more updates will be made on the website just as soon as information becomes available.

Thank you again for your patience. I greatly appreciate the insights and perspective that you have shared with me. Feel free to contact me anytime.

All the best,
XXXXXX
Remove Ads
Old 09-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #42
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 94887
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSLee View Post
I hope SFA is trying their best to get a majority of them out before the Holiday season. Most US factories in most all industries will have a lull then as employees take vacations, short hours and the added distractions and lower productivity during the season. I would not be surprised if many folks don't see their XDS again, till next year ...

I noted this when they announced the recall and opted to wait until next year to send mine in. I don't want any chance of sloppy work from a distracted/rushed work force on my gun.
So in the meantime, will you still shoot your gun, or is it a safe queen? I thought waiting was a big mistake at first, but have since changed my mind. The real winners imo are the ones who already sold theirs (with disclosure) and have been able to buy a replacement weapon. Even if they take a loss, they have a weapon they can use. Of course, if I had other weapons, I would not do that unless I had no confidence in SA finding a good fix. I think they will, eventually.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #43
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95464
so a customer had to tell them before they understood it that they need better communication with their customers
Old 09-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #44
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74147
I'm waiting to send both of mine in until a resolution is properly spelled out!!
XDS 3.3 45acp
XDS 3.3 9mm
TRP Operator Full Rail 1911 45acp
FNH Five-seveN 5.7x28
SIG P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
GSG Tac-Ops 1911 22LR
Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380
GLOCK 26 Gen4
NRA Member
Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #45
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95768
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
could be worse. I see toyota just announce a big recall today on CNN and they are being shipped to SA for repairs
LOL!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #46
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76626
Springfield Armory ReCall Registration
Old 09-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #47
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 75628
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
could be worse. I see toyota just announce a big recall today on CNN and they are being shipped to SA for repairs
Ha-ha! I don't care who you are; that's funny right there!

XDm 9mm 4.5; Smaller Boom in a Big Stick.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Taurus 85 UltraLite .38 special; Wife's Wheel Gun.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #48
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72376
Recalled XDs...anyone got their back yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dognu69 View Post
Below is the e-mail I received this morning based on my conversations with the higher ups.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for talking with me - it was I who really benefited from our conversation yesterday. I talked at length with Springfield personnel about the issues you and I discussed, and everyone is committed to better communication from this point forward. You and all loyal Springfield owners deserve that.

You will see that the Springfield website is being updated today with more information. I wish we could be more specific as to timing, but more updates will be made on the website just as soon as information becomes available.

Thank you again for your patience. I greatly appreciate the insights and perspective that you have shared with me. Feel free to contact me anytime.

All the best,
XXXXXX
What this says without the PR BS is " they will be fixed when we know what is wrong with them. " right now we don't have a clue, or why not say so?

They need to offer a refund, as a time frame is not even known ( no mention of what if it is a design flaw and not fixable) .

If not I expect a Class Action Lawsuit similar the one Remington and the castle trigger issue on the 700s and 600s. There are a lot of hungry lawyers looking for these types of suits.

They need to get ahead of this or sales , orders and reputation will be toast.

Go Seahawks!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #49
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 75628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjorno2 View Post
"Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This quote is from the body of the recall letter (link above). Further down the page, it shows the roll pin modification, and the assumed replacement of other parts of the trigger group and sear?

So, they just recently found possible upgrade solutions, and are testing them? Or, if the final sentence in the quote is to be taken literally, they haven't identified a final upgrade solution yet?

I think hearing from an engineer would quell the chatter here. Someone from SA outside the PR group, who is directly involved in the engineering sector, would lend some credibility to SA at this point.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I am from an engineering background, and hearing something from the horse's mouth would clear the air, at least between my two ears.

XDm 9mm 4.5; Smaller Boom in a Big Stick.

Taurus 85 UltraLite .38 special; Wife's Wheel Gun.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #50
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
What this says without the PR BS is " they will be fixed when we know what is wrong with them. " right now we don't have a clue, or why not say so?

They need to offer a refund, as a time frame is not even known ( no mention of what if it is a design flaw and not fixable) .

If not I expect a Class Action Lawsuit similar the one Remington lost over the trigger issue in the 700s and 600s. There are a lot of hungry lawyers looking for these types of suits.

They need to get ahead of this or sales , orders and reputation will be toast.

Go Seahawks!
X2
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
anyone get their xds back
anyone get their xds back yet
anyone got their xds back yet
has anyone gotten their xds back yet
has anyone received their xds back
has anyone received their xds back yet
xds back from recall

xds recall

xds recall forum
xds recall update
xds returned from recall
xds returned yet
Click on a term to search for related topics.