• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDs recall and custom shop work...

This is a discussion on XDs recall and custom shop work... within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Pgg365247 BLUF: Make it happen SA! If the owner(s) of a SA firearm currently under recall is wanting to not only keep ...

Old 09-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 95509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgg365247 View Post
BLUF: Make it happen SA!

If the owner(s) of a SA firearm currently under recall is wanting to not only keep the repaired firearm but also PAY for a custom job, I would advise SA to figure out how to make that happen. I don't care what it takes to figure it out... make it happen. If I were "King of Springfield", even if it caused great pain and a lot of money, that is the way you make people trust in your company again.

As a long time SA customer that has been let down with this recall I could care less about excuses about why custom work can't/shouldn't be done during this recall ... Make it happen or lose my business. It should be as painful on SA as it is on Joe six pack that only had enough money for one gun and decided to purchase an XD-S (that is now in recall for an unknown amount of weeks leaving him unarmed and unable to protect him and his loved ones). Figure it out SA!
My thoughts exactly... I've even considered sending it to the custom shop first on my dime. Who knows, while it's getting to work done someone there will notice this is a "recalled" gun and do the recalled work while it's there. One can dream, but I seriously don't think thats going to happen!
bigoo7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 15076
Send to custom shop first... From Springfield's FAQ

"Q13: My XD-S pistol is currently at Springfield for an upgrade or repair; will it be upgraded while it's there?

A13: Yes, any XD-S pistol that is currently at Springfield for repair or custom work will have the recall upgrade done before it is sent back to the customer."

So if I am reading correctly, any xds that comes in for custom work will have the recall work performed on it. Of course this means shipping would be on the owner
Old 09-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Bard View Post

"Q13: My XD-S pistol is currently at Springfield for an upgrade or repair; will it be upgraded while it's there?

A13: Yes, any XD-S pistol that is currently at Springfield for repair or custom work will have the recall upgrade done before it is sent back to the customer."

So if I am reading correctly, any xds that comes in for custom work will have the recall work performed on it. Of course this means shipping would be on the owner
That is certainly the way it reads. The question is would they web agree to do any custom work on any XD-S firearms that aren't already at the custom shop.
Pgg365247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95697
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsalan View Post
...So government does this for me because I'm specially so why can't a private business do the same for me?
Cuz private industry wants your money and the government wants your vote (they buy it with other peoples money).
powpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
Old Timer

Member #: 20418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooed Bard View Post

"Q13: My XD-S™ pistol is currently at Springfield for an upgrade or repair; will it be upgraded while it's there?

A13: Yes, any XD-S™ pistol that is currently at Springfield for repair or custom work will have the recall upgrade done before it is sent back to the customer."

He also needs to read the next FAQ..

Q14: Can I have Custom work done to my pistol while it is there for the recall?

A14: No, Springfield will only be doing recall upgrades to pistols shipped back for the voluntary recall.

Can you people not read?

I don't even own an XDs and I know more about the recall than those that do..

And all the girls say I'm pretty fly for a white guy.........
The Offspring

You gotta nasty disposition, no one really knows the reason why....Social D

Yer Mom's box....O&A - The O&A Channel - 103 XM Radio

Red Dragons......Jason Ellis - Faction - Channel 41 XM Radio

Ante Omnia Armari...........
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 88388
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowlife View Post

Can you people not read?

I don't even own an XDs and I know more about the recall than those that do..
That's about the fourth beer I owe you, dude.
CajunR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
any xds back from recall
can you send in your xds for recall work if your the second owner
custom xds
how do you lnow if the recall was done on my xds
if i send my xds in for recall will they repair the sights as well
springfield recall money back?
track rma from springfield
what will happen if i don't send my xds for recall
when is the xds recall going to be done
xds back from recall
xds custom work

xds recall

xds recall rma
xds recall work
xds recall, anyone recieved their weapon firearm?
Click on a term to search for related topics.