• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Wow! My estimation for xds recall turnaround:/

This is a discussion on Wow! My estimation for xds recall turnaround:/ within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; So after sending off both of my prized xds' this morning for repair I started thinking about the magnitude of this recall. First I realized ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Wow! My estimation for xds recall turnaround:/

Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 90593
Wow! My estimation for xds recall turnaround:/

So after sending off both of my prized xds' this morning for repair I started thinking about the magnitude of this recall. First I realized (going by the recalled serial numbers) there are 225,000 firearms involved. Then I considered what a reasonable amount of repair time would be for a single firearm. I assume they have the parts prepared to just swap out, so I figured 15 minutes per repair.

And you have to remember (and I'm assuming all of this) that they must open the package, check it in to some sort of database, repair the firearm, perform some sort of safety check, which could possibly involve another test fire, then repackage and print a return label, and lastly send it back out. I also would assume that out of 225,000 there will be quite a few who couldn't follow directions and sent extra junk, etc., slowing down the process even more.

So I then did the math for a single employee working on the repairs. I figured anyone owning a firearm should be capable of then dividing the total estimated repair time by however many employees you think they will put on this detail.

225,000 firearms at 15 minutes each, repaired by a single employee working 40hrs/week, 52weeks/year, would take him just over 27 years to make all the repairs.

I along with probably everyone of you hope they put many more troops on this project than just one:/ However, even with 27 employees working on this full time, it could still take a full year!

And that's not mentioning any other time wasted answering the thousands upon thousands of emails and phone calls that I'm sure they are receiving.

So...I'm hopeful they have around 324 extra employees to put on this project. Because by my calculations, that would get all affected repaired and returned within one month:/
Tpatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 86209
But many people have reported their SN isn't being recalled.

GRNC Member
NRA Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler
XD9inAVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68628
Wow that's crazy... I still have my recall xds 9mm I never fire it yet ... I guess ill sent it to them and wait
Brownboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Many also said that the site was down and after checking again, they were emailed a label. I read where Springfield has said that all xds' were affected by this
Old 08-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76421
As of this evening, SA's website states serial numbers between 500000-6xxxxx

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300
Sig 2022 .40S&W
H&K .9 USPc & USP .45
SA XD-s .45
DE .357
Beretta Nano .9mm
GSG-1911 .22lr
Ruger 10/45
Walther P22
Nagant - 7.62 Nagant
5StarGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Yes that is 186,300. And also xds9 between xs900000 and xs938700 which is another 38,700. Totaling 225,000
Old 08-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 94263
They'll probably shuffle to the back of the line the modified guns and those who didn't follow instructions exactly.

"Sorry number 4, you included a magazine. You're now number 217,647."

hehe
doc540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 91360
I am assuming that a very small percentage of xds owners are on this forum and didn't send their pistols in 12 seconds after the recall was announced. Mine ships off in the morning and if it returns in a month I'll be fine.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81744
yea i spoke with Springfield CS today they said the were going to do the 45 acp first ... then then maybe the 40's then maybe the 9's....

plus you have to remember there will be thousands who wont send it in (you know the type) and thousands that will wait a few months and more thousands that will never hear about it....
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 47022
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeds View Post
yea i spoke with Springfield CS today they said the were going to do the 45 acp first ... then then maybe the 40's then maybe the 9's....

plus you have to remember there will be thousands who wont send it in (you know the type) and thousands that will wait a few months and more thousands that will never hear about it....
40's? What 40's?
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page

call tag has been sent

check the status of my xds
government shutdown xds recall delay
how can i check the status of my xds

how do i track my xds repair

how long will it take to ship my repaird xds
how to check on my xds
how to check on ststus on xds recall
repair kits for springfield xds
springfield recall check status

springfield xds 45 recall turnaround

xds call tag has been sent

xds recall check status

xds recall tracking

xds recall update

Click on a term to search for related topics.