• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Xds safety recall turn around time

This is a discussion on Xds safety recall turn around time within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by RobzXD 1st... thanks for taking the time to call and get some answers. So... The '30 Day' clock starts ticking when the ...

Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #291
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 96129
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzXD View Post
1st... thanks for taking the time to call and get some answers.

So... The '30 Day' clock starts ticking when the 'Recall Status' link flips to "Your Gun Has Been Received" and Not Necessarily the date FedEx says it has been delivered?

Just asking, as it seems that some who got FedEx delivery confirmation on the 3rd seem to still be getting "Call Tag Has Been Sent" as their status and has not yet flipped to "Your Gun Has Been Received".
Thanks again.
That is what I gathered when I talked to them. They even had 2 supervisors on the phone to help answer all this so I am assuming that when they "Check it in" ie.."Your Gun Has Been Received" the process of repair has begun. and your welcome.
UtahARnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #292
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolClownFish View Post
That is what I gathered when I talked to them. They even had 2 supervisors on the phone to help answer all this so I am assuming that when they "Check it in" ie.."Your Gun Has Been Received" the process of repair has begun. and your welcome.
Then I trust they will return her home safely before dark on Friday

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #293
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95657
Quote:
How long until someone starts a "My Gun got checked in on thisday and notification of shipment was received on thatday??

I would be curious how many folks' guns have already been received.... just thinking outloud again!

- Ruger SR40
- Springfield XD-S 9mm
ksat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #294
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 39205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksat View Post
How long until someone starts a "My Gun got checked in on thisday and notification of shipment was received on thatday??

I would be curious how many folks' guns have already been received.... just thinking outloud again!
OP's original intent at first post was that all of us would go back and edit our first post as a running update of status on our gun.
other forums I like: rugerforum.net canadiangunnutz.com
XD9 service and XDs45, a few other brands around here someplace (wink)
CdnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #295
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95464
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzXD View Post
1st... thanks for taking the time to call and get some answers.

So... The '30 Day' clock starts ticking when the 'Recall Status' link flips to "Your Gun Has Been Received" and Not Necessarily the date FedEx says it has been delivered?

Just asking, as it seems that some who got FedEx delivery confirmation on the 3rd seem to still be getting "Call Tag Has Been Sent" as their status and has not yet flipped to "Your Gun Has Been Received".
Thanks again.
this! Not that it matters but they got mine on the 4th yet just yesterday the status was updated to "recieved". so I do not put much faith into their reporting system as it took a week just to update it. I am getting more encouraged that they will fix in a timely manner. I am sure this is costing them a fortune since they are not even selling new XDS's right now as all have been pulled from the shelves around here
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #296
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95556
Quote:
Again THEY START WHEN THEY RECEIVE THEM!!!!! So lets all use this info and utilize their recall page to check on the status of our guns and maybe we can all get along

Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Received = Your Gun has been Received
Your Recall Status: Call Tag Has Been Sent = Your Gun has not yet been entered into their system yet.
My gun was accepted and signed for by their facility on 9-03-2013, yet my status is still Call Tag has been sent. I called and they are saying they are still pretty backlogged. It means that 7 days later my guns is still in their pile of boxes. It also means that it's unlikely that my gun will be returned within 30 days of 09-03, but within 30 days of the change in its online status.

But I dare hope for the best.
And... I cling to my guns.
ATDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #297
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 47495
NY - 1 XDS45 sent 9/9/2013
Old 09-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #298
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95556
Cool

Just got off the phone with SA, and they said the online system lags behind their real time log.

The rep said that my XD-S was received and entered in their system already, but the online status is "Call Tag Has Been Sent"

Just for some of you, who are worried about their status.
And... I cling to my guns.
ATDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #299
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDM View Post
Just got off the phone with SA, and they said the online system lags behind their real time log.

The rep said that my XD-S was received and entered in their system already, but the online status is "Call Tag Has Been Sent"

Just for some of you, who are worried about their status.
WTG state of the art computer systems!! Woo..

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #300
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 45813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travo112 View Post
WTG state of the art computer systems!! Woo..
Since they (thankfully) don't deal with massive gun resturns on a regular basis, the computers themselves could be Top Notch, but if don't have Scanners that talk with the 'Status' Database and only have one person doing the Data Input... Guess where the bottleneck in communication is going to be.

Get that poor little data input person some help!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
springfield armory xds recall turnaround time

springfield xds recall

springfield xds recall turnaround
springfield xds recall turnaround time
xd recall

xds recall

xds recall free magazine
xds recall turn around
xds recall turn around time
xds recall turnaround

xds recall turnaround time

xds recall update
Click on a term to search for related topics.