• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SAFETY RECALL - Issued August 28, 2013

This is a discussion on SAFETY RECALL - Issued August 28, 2013 within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by RobzXD Do you guys realize that the email we're receiving is NOT an 'Update' email in response to sending your XD-S in? ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » SAFETY RECALL - Issued August 28, 2013

Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #1501
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95697
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzXD View Post
Do you guys realize that the email we're receiving is NOT an 'Update' email in response to sending your XD-S in? The email is the 'Official Recall Notification' to all registered owners...
Actually, my email had the subject "XD-S Recall Update" and said nothing about sending my gun in. The wording in the body implied that a gun has already been sent in.
That said, it doesn't provide any more useful information than the Recall FAQ page, other than a warm fuzzy that at least SA knows how to contact me.
powpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #1502
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
We are STILL in the dark on what is going on. No commitment from Springfield & still testing is the evasive BUZZ words.

The thing that bothered me the most is Denny Reese wouldn't address what is actually wrong with the guns or what the REAL reason for the recall.

Must be something really serious in their design that Springfield is afraid to have get out as even Gresham was shaking in his boots to not ask that question & even made a big deal of trying to evade that area by saying numerous times he doesn't want to know what is wrong (anybody else not believe that).
I listened to the interview. There's actually more info in the FAQ update, than what he said in the interview. I think they are just hoping that people will say "Well, at least the CEO spoke up".
AT1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #1503
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 96178
The interview was disappointing to say the least. Tom clearly didn't do his homework or is on SA's payroll. Tom made statements like SA sounds as if they are taking all the right steps. WTF! If he counts misleading owners and not providing information taking all the right steps. It really gets on my nerves when Mr. Reese co-CEO says he considers XDS owners as family. No you don't. SA just get real that's all I ask.
NeverGotToShotMyXDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #1504
srcphoto

Member #:
Well if it had not been for recall I probably wouldnt have hooked up with this forum and found great source of info and great people
Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #1505
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 39205
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcphoto View Post
Well if it had not been for recall I probably wouldnt have hooked up with this forum and found great source of info and great people
there ya go, always look on the bright side of life
other forums I like: rugerforum.net canadiangunnutz.com
XD9 service and XDs45, a few other brands around here someplace (wink)
CdnInAz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #1506
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 93517
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGotToShotMyXDS View Post
The interview was disappointing to say the least. Tom clearly didn't do his homework or is on SA's payroll. Tom made statements like SA sounds as if they are taking all the right steps. WTF! If he counts misleading owners and not providing information taking all the right steps. It really gets on my nerves when Mr. Reese co-CEO says he considers XDS owners as family. No you don't. SA just get real that's all I ask.
Oh cry me a river. You people here have the worst attitudes. You expect SA to provide info before they even know it themselves. Tom Gresham has been around firearms and forgotten more about them than most people here will ever know. He doesn't see it as a big deal because he has seem it before, and seen it worse, and because it's not really that big a deal. This **** happens, deal with it and stop acting like a bunch of second graders who just had their lunch money stolen.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #1507
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise87 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't someone from Springfield Armory on GunTalk today?
That's what Tom Gresham told me last week and I posted it here so everyone could listen in. I haven't listened to the show yet though.
TarpleyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #1508
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
Oh cry me a river. You people here have the worst attitudes. You expect SA to provide info before they even know it themselves. Tom Gresham has been around firearms and forgotten more about them than most people here will ever know. He doesn't see it as a big deal because he has seem it before, and seen it worse, and because it's not really that big a deal. This **** happens, deal with it and stop acting like a bunch of second graders who just had their lunch money stolen.
Wow^^^
AT1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1509
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 96286
Angry

Quote:
Dude you're just a jerk. The difference between this and my lunch money is my lunch money was equivalent to about $2 so comparatively this is my meal ticket for about 300 days so yea I'm very disgruntled. In reality I'm upset that SA lied to me about a proper fix and turn around time in order to get me to send my carry gun in and once received they say oh sorry we were mistaken now the turn around time is indefinite.
jryan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #1510
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5174
Quote:
Here, I'll repost this that I posted in another thread just for you're viewing pleasure.

I tell you what. Why don't you send me 6 - 100 dollar bills. I'll hold on to them indefinitely, without any communication as to when I will send them back to you, and lie to you along the way. How's that sound? I think it's only reasonable.
TarpleyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
recall
recall on xdm 40
springfield armory recall xdm
springfield armory xdm recall

springfield armory xdm recalls

springfield xdm recall

springfield xdm recalls
springfield xds forum
springfield xds recall forum
xd recall

xdm recall

xds recall forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.