• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SAFETY RECALL - Issued August 28, 2013

This is a discussion on SAFETY RECALL - Issued August 28, 2013 within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by TarpleyG Has anyone asked SA if they could just ship them their gun back? If so, what was the response? Surely they ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » SAFETY RECALL - Issued August 28, 2013

Old 10-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #1301
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95177
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarpleyG View Post
Has anyone asked SA if they could just ship them their gun back? If so, what was the response? Surely they cannot legally keep your property without compensation if you demand that it be returned.
They won't. It's a safety issue which could cost them too much money if something happened with it after they sent it back. I just wish I would have gone with the xdm like I was going to do...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #1302
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travo112 View Post
They won't. It's a safety issue which could cost them too much money if something happened with it after they sent it back. I just wish I would have gone with the xdm like I was going to do...

OK, then they would be forced to issue you a refund equivalent to the value of the gun, right? They cannot legally keep your property with no idea when you might get it back.
TarpleyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #1303
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 45813
Quote:
OK, then they would be forced to issue you a refund equivalent to the value of the gun, right? They cannot legally keep your property with no idea when you might get it back.
You sent it to them voluntarily. In a recall situation, what constitutes a 'reasonable amount of time' for repair, is highly debatable (scan through all the recall threads. You are NOT the 1st to ask).
If it ends up that they can not find a fix, then you may be talking compensation of some sort.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #1304
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 95773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travo112 View Post
IMHO I'd still want people hyped if I was that close to a fix...

Attachment 23983

I agree when I bought mine in December last year I had to jump thru hoops to find one and then the 1st 3 - 4 months of the year you couldn't get an XDS and they still continued to advertise!
knobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #1305
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 94667
If you have enough time and $ to sue over a $500 gun, your time and $ are better spent on buying another gun and practicing at the range w it.

Wow

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA
RACER_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #1306
XDTalk Member

Member #: 5174
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER_X View Post
If you have enough time and $ to sue over a $500 gun, your time and $ are better spent on buying another gun and practicing at the range w it.

Wow

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA
Speculate much? Who said anything about suing anybody? I just want my damn property back or to be compensated for it. As far as I'm concerned now, they have stolen it from me under false pretenses.
TarpleyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #1307
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 88157
They're still trying to raise Steve Jobs from the dead to give the keynote at the upgrade presentation!

The gun industry hasn't seen anything like this upgrade in decades! It's a whole new concept in firearm technology. Once you see this upgrade, you will immediately realize that all other firearms are decades behind in beauty and functionality! Your everyday activities and lifestyle will never be the same once you hold it in your hand.
sdhollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #1308
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 93055
Quote:
Has anyone asked SA if they could just ship them their gun back? If so, what was the response? Surely they cannot legally keep your property without compensation if you demand that it be returned.
I can't go into specifics at this time, however, I have already sent a demand letter through my attorney (along with other options) one being to return my two XDS's and we are still awaiting a response.
utahXDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #1309
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 95177
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhollar View Post
They're still trying to raise Steve Jobs from the dead to give the keynote at the upgrade presentation!

The gun industry hasn't seen anything like this upgrade in decades! It's a whole new concept in firearm technology. Once you see this upgrade, you will immediately realize that all other firearms are decades behind in beauty and functionality! Your everyday activities and lifestyle will never be the same once you hold it in your hand.
I always use to think that they should have made it mandatory that any business major needed to take a PR class taught by Steve Jobs...

Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #1310
XDTalk Member

Member #: 95266
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahXDS View Post
I can't go into specifics at this time, however, I have already sent a demand letter through my attorney (along with other options) one being to return my two XDS's and we are still awaiting a response.
I do not want to say how, but it can be done very easily. They will just make you sign a release of liability that you know there is a defect and if any injury or death occurs they will not be held liable for damages.

If you want more info PM me.
Dognu69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
bobthegolfer
did xdm 40 have a recall
recall
recall on xdm 40
springfield armory xdm recall

springfield armory xdm recalls

springfield xdm recall

springfield xdm recalls
springfield xds forum

springfield xds recall

springfield xds recall forum
xd recall

xdm recall

xds recall
xds recall forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.